Dior Rouge Dior Nude Lipstick - Grege #169

3.5

on 4/25/2016 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

THIS COLOR IS AMAZING, BUT WHY DIOR DID YOU MAKE IT IN THIS FORMULA. Even though Grege is an amazing shade, that is a perfect MLBB, shiny, warm "salmon pink"... It stays on the lips 2 hours... Max! The formula is a combination between satin and creamsheen. The feeling on the lips is satin, but the look of it is close to creamsheen, and sometimes, I feel like I have like dirt in my lipstick, because the satin feeling is just SO OFF.
I hate lip products that are colored AND glossy, therefore I'm always turned off when I see the shine of this lipstick... Though it's not like a gloss, and the color is amazing, so I'm never going to stop using it.

I recommend Mary Kay lipgloss in Satin Pink. Same color and the staying power is awesome if you like sticky glosses. If you own Cherish by MAC, try mixing these two together when you're a little tan: HEAVEN

Unfortunately, I like satin lipticks, so the formula is a bit of... But what the hell, this color!!!
If you know a lipstick with the same color, but matte och satin, tell me!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is one of those products i splurge on, enjoy it, wont repurchase.
this color is lovely def in the MLBB range. The texture is creamy and smooth.. i don't find Grege to be that sheer on me (NC30 for refference) i have somewhat pigmented lips and i find this to apply rather medium to full on me. the lasting power is about 2-3 hours which is dissapointing considering the price tag. none the less its a lovely product i enjoy having.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Sigh. I prefer bare lips to this. Not too moisturizing; looks cheap (thin formula). Lasting time is laughably short. You don't get much product, and I am nearly through it (I use cosmetics even if I don't like them, just to see if I'll change my mind) after a couple of weeks of usage. I needed to apply umpteen times a day.

on 4/9/2013 7:47:00 PM

I am so surprised no one has reviewed this shade yet! I thought it would be hugely popular with the endorsement of Natalie Portman.

Grege is supposedly the shade that Miss Portman is wearing in the promo images for this lipstick line- but there must be a bit of editing jiggery pokery going on because in reality it doesn't look much (read: anything) like it to me.

The Dior Nude line is billed as a sort of high-end lipcare/colour hybrid. Essentially a MLBB range. The texture is fabulous; it is smooth and creamy and probably heavier than you anticipate for a sheer product. It feels "full". Actually, as far as it goes, I don't actually find Grege to be that sheer on me. My lips are quite reddish and this does a good job of enveloping them in the pigment. The best thing about this lipstick is that it wears beautifully and it really does condition the lips. When I took Grege off after wearing it for a day I actually kept rubbing at my lips thinking to myself- surely there must be some lipstick still on- my lips can't look this good naturally! But they did. It really has given me results on that front. I didn't find the lasting time to be poor either- which is always a worry for sheer lip products. I reckon I got about 3 hours, with eating, out of it. It does help of course, being nude, that as it fades it still looks natural.

As for the colour- well there is no grey in this (thank goodness)- In the bullet, to my eyes it is a slightly washed out coral/warm terracotta.On my lips it pulls more towards the terracotta nude side of things. It's a fairly basic colour in many ways and to be honest, very dupeable. The Superdrug MUA brand do a l/s in #11 which is actually quite similar (though a little darker with a hint of rose) for 1.

But of course what isn't so easy to dupe is formula- which is in my opinion the main reason you would buy this lipstick.

The question really is if you can justify the not inconsiderable cost. I do personally think it is a little over priced given that many women do not have "special needs" lips and the colours, as pleasant as they are do not exactly shake the cosmetic world with innovation. If you can get away with cheaper formulas then I'd probably suggest you save your money and stay with them. Or spend it on a more unique HE item. For someone like me whose lips are always a bit dehydrated and hopeless, then you might feel it is worth it. Consider my overall rating to represent the latter consumer.

Oh I should also mention that the lipstick has the usual Dior fragrance about it- which I personally really like but could imagine it annoying others- so perhaps smell/try before you buy. The packaging is well made but not really to my tastes (very plastic heavy and a little tacky- Sheseido Perfect Rouge it ain't).