Aunt Jackie's Curl La La Defining Curl Custard

No Image

on 9/30/2016 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm surprised to only find 3 reviews on this product. I have natural type 4 hair. I'm very low maintenance and don't believe in using several different hair products just to get a good curl so I've been looking for one good product to use when I want to do a wash and go and for when I want to do twists or Bantu knots.
Right off the bat the smell of this product is strong! It's not a horrible smell but it is rather strong. At first it seems pleasant but it lingers and by day 2 it's still there....almost perfume like? So if you're allergic or hate strong scents you will NOT like this. Aside from the smell this product is actually really good. I applied a little to my wet hair and it kept my curls bouncy and moist even as it dried. I tried applying it on my dry hair after I washed and blow dried it to do my twists and it was great. My hair stayed curly moist soft and bouncy. Not greasy not heavy not oily...just the right cream consistency. It doesn't dry and flake or harden your hair. You can use as little or as much as you need but a little does go a long way. I was also able to twist my hair sleep on it and wake up with my hair still moisturized, soft and curly. Yes my curls weren't as defined but I didn't need to retwist or reapply any product.
Price wise it's ok depending where you buy it as one store was charging 6$ more than another. If it came in a squeeze bottle it would be better instead of having to dip your hands in the jar.
My HG was Cantu's shea moisture leave in conditioner for my twist outs but it wasn't ideal for a wash and go and if you apply too much it can leave your hair feeling heavy. After using this I fell in love! I'll definitely be using this as a staple in my natural hair routine

on 2/23/2015 4:07:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff!! It makes my curls pop! I've been transitioning for a while now and still have some heat damage, so there are some parts that never curl.. But this works wonder on my hair and a little goes a long way! And plus it's really affordable (I paid 5 euros or so) and will def be purchasing this again!

on 8/27/2014 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm always on the prowl for great natural hair care products that will define my bouncy curls. This product although very good at what it does I could not get pass the smell. It was not pleasant at all. It smelt too strong like chemicals, which bothered me being as though it's suppose to be a natural product. I will not buy this product again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is sulfate-free and paraben-free. There is no mineral oil or petrolatum. This smells amazingly like pink lemonade with a hint of some kind of berry note and very strong at that so those with allergies or scent sensitivities may not like this. You can use this on both wet or dry hair which is nice. I do prefer to use this on wet hair. It contains both shea butter and olive oil. It does have a consistency of a thick pudding and has a pretty pastel lavender color. On my curly 3b hair I was able to get really good definition with shine and a medium soft hold. I can actually say I like this a tad bit more than kinky Curly and that is one of my HG's. This also conditions more. It leaves no residue or flakiness. I bought my jar from Curlmart. I am very happy with my results so far.

Popular Styling Products