TheBalm Schwing Liquid Eyeliner in Black

4.3

Water ((aqua) Eau), Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Pullulan, Disodium Coco-glucoside Citrate, Hectorite, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (ci 77510)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I used all of mine up already, I am obsessed. It is jet black and doesn't bleed, I remember before I bought this I swatched it onto my hand and I kid you not, It didn't come off for 24 hours. So, I bought it and it has been the only eyeliner I wear, and I wear high end products and drugstore, this beats them all. You NEED to get this, I swear by it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I am on the 4rd bottle of this. I love this eyeliner, its so easy to use, the tip is too thin and easy to make winged eyeliner, its super matte dark black and goes a long way

Super matte, super easy to use. First time using a true liquid liner - I've only ever used pencil liners and felt tip pens. It is so easy to get a sharp wing. It stays on all day BUT it comes off very, very easily in water. I've always thought the panda eyes when removing eyemakeup was an exaggeration from other people, but my gosh it looks like I'm going to a rock concert. If you live in a humid climate or have oily lids, this may not be for you. It is NOT waterproof.

It smudges pretty badly on me. I have watery eyes and oily skin and the only eyeliners that don't smudge on me are the Physician's Formula - Eye Booster eyeliner & the KVD -Tattoo Eyeliner.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Wow I prefer this over my other liquid eyeliners! The only one that beats it is the Kiss Me Heroine pen but not for a big swoopy wing--this is the best for the big swoopy wing look! The Balm products don't seem like much when swatched but on the face the result is always excellent!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is okay. The reason I'm giving it three lippies is because it really is the blackest, most matte eyeliner you'll *ever* use. It looks gorgeous when/if you get it on... Now I should preface by saying I am really terrible at eyeliner. I have SUPER hooded eyelids so I have to use a unique trick to do a winged liner on myself, and I have medical conditions that make my hands super shaky and unsteady (the fact that I'm even able to do makeup at all is defying the odds of my conditions, but eyeliner is just one of those things that remains difficult for me). No matter what kind I use - pencil, gel, liquid, felt tip, etc - it is difficult for me to apply. But this stuff really takes that to a whole new level. If I've applied super bomb eyeshadow and everything looks perfect and I want a winged liner on top of it, I just take the L and move on because there is no way I'm attempting to apply this mess on top of my perfect eyeshadow and risk having to take it ALL off. Yes, it is THAT messy. If my eye even so much as twitches this stuff gets everywhere and stays there. Then when I go to fix my mistakes I just end up taking eyeshadow off with it. Its almost too runny and the brush... I can't really define what's wrong with it, but I've definitely used easier brushes before. I am only brave enough to attempt to use this maybe 1 out of every 5 times I do my makeup, lol. Like i said, it's a shame because this stuff is really beautiful if you can manage to apply it. the price is also a little steep. I bought it at Kohl's here in the US with a gift card I got for christmas. I'll try to use up what I have but I'll definitely be looking for an easier liner to try out.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

the besssssst everrr I wish I knew about it before

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I know you've heard everyone say that this is the BLACKEST liquid liner out there. And there's a reason they keep saying it -it's true. I thought I had found the blackest one in my PUPA Vamp liquid liner -which was a very good one btw, but when it dried down and faded I decided i'd try the Schwing liner and see what all the fuss is about and now...I feel like i've finally met the one.
The applicator is thinner than most so allowed for a more precise application than most of that style -though I would still recommend being cautious, and this product doesn't bleed.
It's just so INTENSE like I can not believe how black it is...really looks luxurious.
The price is pretty steep for a liner -the PUPA one was 2/3 of The Balm's price, so if you down think a liner is worth the pricetag (which is understandable) i'd say look for cheaper options like PUPA or NYC, but for those willing to pay for it I would definitely 10/10 recommend this product.

Best eyeliner I've ever tried. As everyone else has said already it's very black and very matte. I also love the applicator tip because I can get a very sharp wing with it. The only con is that it's not waterproof.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

There a few things I really love about this product- it is SUPER black and it is SUPER matte. The finished product is often stunning. However, any bit of moisture that get on this causes it to completely wipe away and run all over your eye. You know how sometimes you'll be lying on your side and your eye gets kind of teary? That happened to me the other while wearing this and I carefully dabbed away the moisture and then looked in the mirror. My wing was completely demolished. Just... Gone. I don't expect it to be waterproof, but I need at least some forgiveness, because the eyes are a moist place! I also am not a huge fan of the brush tip, as I find it just slightly hard to use but definitely not a deal breaker. I won't be purchasing this again but I'll use it up and just make sure to never use it on a rainy day, or a day I might cry.... Or any day in which any single drop of moisture might find its way near me.