Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 3/17/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I went into Sephora for the latest Nars wonder but after submitting to Color IQ left the store with yet another Cover FX product and the beginnings of buyer's remorse. And, not because I felt I'd been 'sold' since this is a foundation I've been considering for some time. My goal that day was to try something more sexy and popular. Maybe someday soon... First off, Color IQ came up with shades different from ones I own in certain brands. In fact, the Cover FX shade suggested is a shade darker than the one I've hit pan on in the cream and mineral powder formulations. The Sephora associate swatched both on me and, son of a gun, the IQ match blended in so well it was barely detectable. Who wouldn't be thrilled? I wasn't because my specific request was for something with medium to full, natural looking coverage. During the winter I couldn't use the cream formulation because it's a beast to blend in or warm up on dry skin. What if this is just cream in a tube, I wondered. Fortunately, it isn't. Despite being oil free it is moisturizing and easy to blend. Most important, it doesn't itch or sting and is weightless. I can comfortably wear this from application straight through to the nightly skin routine without once feeling like I had to remove it due to discomfort. The one trait it shares with my other Cover FX foundation is that it doesn't set like most liquid and a lot cream foundations do. I solve this by applying my setting powder in my t-zone before putting on the foundation. After the foundation is in place I blot my face with a damp beauty blender or paper napkin. It still transfers to my coat and shirt collars, which I hate so I dug out my retired Urban Decay Chill spray for the bottom of my face, beneath my chin and my neck. It still transfers a little so I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve alcohol or more powder, at least not until warm weather. Ordinarily, the transfer issue would be unacceptable but it looks so ding darn good, is so comfortable and even photographs well. I've put all my other foundations in a drawer for now. Still, I think Cover FX 's new drops might ultimately be what I go for when I finish this tube. With it I can mix my shade with a medium that covers the same without the setting issue.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Sales associates must get an extra bonus for recommending this product because it is completely terrible. I told the sales associate that I had extremely oily/acne prone skin and she said this would be the perfect product for me. In the dim lighting of Sephora the color looked great, and I was desperate for a new foundation. Fast forward to me trying to apply the make up at home. The color looked a bit off, almost grayish on my skin. But, I had a powder that made the color a bit better for my skin tone. After using for about 2 months I have finally decided to throw it away. My skin is the worst it has ever looked in my entire life. Do not buy unless you want a shiny face and terrible acne!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like the idea of the brand and how they promote skin care with cosmetics but this foundation is just too greasy feeling. It does oxidize and even with a primer/matte setting powder I felt and looked shiny all day in the middle of chicagos winter. A better alternative would be Kat Von d lock it tattoo foundation bc at least the makeup is matte and lasts and does not feel like sunscreen greasy all day and the pigment coverage is about the same

Video Reviews & Tutorials