Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

2.2

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 9/11/2016 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

Summary: Emollient foundation with flexible coverage made specifically for dry skin. When lightly set looks fantastic all day and smooths skin texture and discoloration. So hard to find a dry skin friendly foundation with coverage, this is it.

My skin: I have cool olive undertones and fluctuate between Nars stromboli and Nars Tahoe depth (nc30 - nd42). I'm reviewing the new shade G+50. Since the range change their color system there were no true options for those with olive green undertones. Everything was too satured. This is even more olive than Nars stromboli which looks a bit peachy in comparison. Same depth.

My skin texture is usually decent unless I'm having an eczema flare up, then it's quite flaky and sensitive. My skin is also dry (produces very little oil) except for on my nose. I'm a Canadian who deals with harsh dry winters most of the year. When I need a moisturizing foundation, I'm not kidding around.

Review:

This is a great highly emollient foundation. If you have oily skin RUN far away from this one. Cover fx explicitly states this is for normal to dry, and from a Canadian company you better believe it.

This is not a watery moisturizing foundation like healthy mix serum, it really is more of a cream and is purposfully designed to be blendable and sheer out or built until you set it so there's no need to hurry or blend in sections. You can take your time. The coverage is incredibly flexible. I can go sheer and almost to full with this. Anybody who wants to cover lots of redness/hyperpigmentation but wants a natural sheer finish on the rest of their face will love this.

You HAVE to set this. There is no other way it will look good all day. Even of its just a light dusting, you MUST or it will transfer and migrate and look like complete crap. I rarely set foundation. My skin is dry, and unless I'm smack dab in the middle of summer I just don't have to UNLESS I'm wearing this. Then it lasts all day, it really does, I've had it last through dripping humidity and a rosacea flare up. This is good stuff.

Use less than you think, set it lightly and enjoy the magic. A godsend for those of us with dry flaky skin. Just set it!

I wanted something dewy and lightweight for the summer and got matched to G70. For reference I am about NC43/ Bobbi Brown Golden. When you put in on, color seemed a great match and it has a nice dewy finish. You don't even need highlighter. It catches light perfectly. BUT the pores! I am a person who barely has any pores and dry skin. This thing accentuated my almost non existent pores and looked horrible after about half hour. And the feel! Hated it. It felt like glue on my face. It never completely dried down and I could feel it sitting on my skin the whole day. And I am a person who is very ok, with something moderately heavy on my face as I use oils on my face, under my moisturizer. Have to say I have never hated a foundation this much.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This foundation is a nightmare in a tube.

I bought this foundation after having numerous consultants at Shoppers Drug Mart tell me that this was the ONLY foundation that would match my skin's undertone and even the surface out, and being a senior in high school with an upcoming prom, I bought it even though it felt like a waxy mask on my face when the lady tried it out on me.
Now I don't know if this is meant for dry skin types, but it is definitely not meant for combination or oily skin types. When I tried it on the next day to test it out for myself, it made my face look SO oily and shiny, NOT dewy at all. It defined every single pore and pimple I had, felt like an oil slick, and transferred onto clothes even after I set it with 2 stippled layers of setting powder. But silly little me got so carried away with how perfectly the colour matched my skin tone and undertone that I wore it anyway for about 5 months, and touched up by blotting then applying translucent powder 3 to 5 times a day.

I bought this stuff in May. It's now September. Let me tell you about the long-term effects. At first, it only irritated my skin, but I covered the redness with the foundation. Then I noticed a couple pimples here and there, but I covered them with the foundation. Then I noticed white spots and red spots and dry spots. But I covered them all with this foundation. AND NOW MY SKIN IS HORRIBLE AND THE WORST IT HAS EVER BEEN IN MY LIFE. It's just absolutely disgusting. I don't allow myself in natural light because it's so gross. I don't like to put my hair up because my cheeks are so gross. I don't even want to go outside without any make up on, which I used to do all the stinking time. Confidently.

But life moves on. I made an appointment with my doctor to get a referral to a dermatologist. I've contacted the company letting them know how much I hate their foundation. I've consolidated myself over the loss of $40 which I had to save up for because I don't have a job. I've switched to Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast foundation in 957 (which I will be testing out today). I've changed my whole skincare routine to tend to my face full of acne. I've made a mental check list of natural things to do everyday to help my face. And I've promised to only ever glance at this stuff if my under-eyes ever grow dark circles that nothing else in the universe can cover up, because this product is too expensive to throw away.

Unless you have the driest of dry skins, I'm warning you.

Nice from far, awful up close. Not good for all day wear, it starts to break down after a couple hours and gets oily in the Tzone. I don't have oily skin. It makes pores appear larger. It is not full coverage enough for dark marks like melasma. If you build it up it is obvious and looks terrible in the daylight... It just looks awful in the daylight regardless. Indoors not so bad. It cakes up in any creases like expression lines in the forehead and by the mouth. Don't use this if you wear glasses, it globs up on the bridge of the nose where your glasses rest. It makes my skin look tired and old. There is no way i would consider adding powder to my face after a few hours as it starts to look splotchy. After 7 hrs my skin felt pasty. Putting it on was a bit thicker than lotion. Definitely use a kabuki brush. I am going back for a refund. I don't care if it's fancy packaging. I only care that a product works as it says it does.

When it comes to this product I am torn. It feels completely wonderful on my skin, it makes my skin feel oh so soft and doesn't feel cakey at all. It does give full coverage but only for a few hours, you are going to have to retouch your face during the day at least once. The downfall on this foundation is that it makes my T-Zone look really greasy and oily. Nothing that a good blot powder can't fix but I don't like having to blot my face. Many girls like the Matte foundations, which is not this product. So if you are looking for a matte foundation look elsewhere. I really like this foundation, it gives my face a glow a natural glow per say. But I definately do recommend this foundation if you're tired of using a foundation that feels like it is drying your skin out *cough cough* MAC
BTW it is Paraben Free! and OIL FREE :D