Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 7/30/2018 9:11:00 AM

Great coverage if you want a natural look, but this foundation just doesn’t set right! It will not sink into the skin seamlessly, and once powder hits it the foundation starts to look cakey!

on 6/6/2018 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So I like the coverage of this foundation, but initially the color was too light for me. Looks like one thing in the bottle but oxidized to a ashy light color. The girl at Sephora states this was my color and after a lot of experiences with foundation ending up being too light for me after a Sephora suggestion I felt a little forced at the time not to take the darker shade. So I had to basically wait for cooler months for this shade currently to match. The bottle material is good quality but standard look, the texture is creamy and spreadable especially with a beauty blender that is not too damp. Gives me nearly full coverage. Going to try it during the summer months now and see how it holds up.

on 4/5/2018 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation performed fine but was nothing special. If i'm going to spend $63 AUD I expect it to compare to other foundations (i.e. my holy grail Makeup Forever Ultra HD) I use in that price bracket and this one doesn't.

I bought this foundation after a horrid experience with oil cleansing. After 3 months of trying some popular paleo and more natural remedies, I finally saw my dermatologist and he started me on retin a micro to help clear up the horrible mess of closed comedones and clogged pores I inflicted upon myself. I knew from reviews that the initial breakout on this stuff would be extremely difficult to deal with considering that I work reception in the diagnostic imaging department at an extremely busy hospital and see upwards of 100 patients+ per day.
The packaging of this product is great. Looks modern, neat and innovative. I also love that the product is more natural and does not use harsh chemicals/parabens as I suffer from occasional flare ups of perioral dermatitis and find cosmetic products to contribute significantly. This foundation has never flared up my dermatitis and has high coverage but that's about it for positives. It never ever sets fully. It looks great as soon as its applied, but is already shiny shortly after I get to work. It feels heavy on my skin and that never goes away no matter what I use to set it. It also starts to look more and more orange by the end of the day which actually seems to highlight the breakouts I am getting from retin a. I will continue to use only until my new foundation comes in the mail, and certainly will not be recommending this to any friends. If you have combination or oily skin stay far away from this stuff.

on 1/26/2018 7:52:00 AM

I'm surprised by the negative reviews. I've always loved this foundation and found it very natural and skin like. Love the shade range, the formula (dewy but wears well) and I love the fact that it isn't heavy. Great foundation and will continue to repurchase.

Thank God i got a sample first! I got enough to try it out for a few days. I’ll get straight to my main points:

Pro:
-Vegan and cruelty free (the reason i was drawn to this foundation in the first place)
-color match was nice (G30) (im y245 in MUFE ultra hd)
-high medium coverage
-natural dewy finish (my preference)

Cons:
-hard to blend (with a brush it was a work out lol)
-it stays tacky unless you set it heavily, even still felt tacky after setting it (i did a light layer dusting of cover fx perfect setting powder)
-it smelled really bad kind of weird nutty scent
-not transfer proof
-not too heavy but you could feel it on your skin

Everything else was just mediocre, would not purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I just went to purchase this, but it seems to have been reformulated -- and the CoverFX, Sephora website only have the old formula. Annoying.

The box listed "HEXYLENE GLYCOL" as the last ingredient -- which is the stuff in MAC Studio Fix Powder that literally HURTS my face. So while I loved the Gold + shades for my Olive skin -- I am not risking my face. Two lipsticks for great colors, and that it was the last ingredient....but it does not mean I will buy it.

Instead, I just dropped $$ with BECCA instead. Get with the safe ingredients, CoverFX, please !

on 11/21/2017 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This was difficult to work with - surprisingly thick and hard to blend. It also seemed to be a shade or two lighter on me than it looked fresh from the tube. As others have said, it remains tacky and doesn't fully dry down or melt into the skin. Coverage is medium and it didn't seem to exacerbate dry patches or fine lines. It lasts okay but nothing notable. This isn't the worst foundation I've tried, but you could find something better at the drugstore, so it's certainly not worth the $40 price.

on 11/19/2017 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This foundation is what I would consider "tacky". Like others have said, it doesn't really dry down all the way, even after using plenty of powder. What's worse is that when you apply the power, the foundation is so damp underneath still that the powder has an effect of making the foundation beneath it move around if you touch your face at all to apply blush or anything. It seriously just pushes the foundation of your face. Also left me looking a little cakey.

It's unfortunate because this foundation is almost really great. It looks very nice from a small distance but not so much closer up.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This has got to be one of the most annoying foundation I have used to date. When I saw that this foundation was oil-free, I took it to mean that it was suitable for oily skin. Not by a long shot. For one, it will slip and slide all over your face like it is doing the electric slide. The primer I used initially with this foundation was the Cover FX Calming primer since I have sensitive, acne-prone skin that is also oily to boot. The primer is actually soothing and didn't contribute to any new breakout. But this foundation refuses to "sit still" for anything. I tried the Wayne Goss method in applying foundation for oily skin and that was a bust. What remotely worked for me was using NYX Angel Veil and then using Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder. It didn't slide as much, but it still didn't hold up like I wanted to. And I really like the shades that it offered and so far didn't break me out. It is hard to find a foundation that matches my neutral dark complexion and doesn't break me out. The shade I can wear is N100 and N110. Like the majority of foundations on the market, it oxidized on me hence I can get away with wearing the N100 or even N90 if I am feeling ballsy. The only foundation that doesn't slip and slide all over the place is Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and my shade is 6N2 if anyone cares. But I have to make sure I wear a primer with ELDW and at least double clean. Hence, I only wear it for special occasions. The search continues.