Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

Thank God i got a sample first! I got enough to try it out for a few days. I’ll get straight to my main points:

-Vegan and cruelty free (the reason i was drawn to this foundation in the first place)
-color match was nice (G30) (im y245 in MUFE ultra hd)
-high medium coverage
-natural dewy finish (my preference)

-hard to blend (with a brush it was a work out lol)
-it stays tacky unless you set it heavily, even still felt tacky after setting it (i did a light layer dusting of cover fx perfect setting powder)
-it smelled really bad kind of weird nutty scent
-not transfer proof
-not too heavy but you could feel it on your skin

Everything else was just mediocre, would not purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I just went to purchase this, but it seems to have been reformulated -- and the CoverFX, Sephora website only have the old formula. Annoying.

The box listed "HEXYLENE GLYCOL" as the last ingredient -- which is the stuff in MAC Studio Fix Powder that literally HURTS my face. So while I loved the Gold + shades for my Olive skin -- I am not risking my face. Two lipsticks for great colors, and that it was the last ingredient....but it does not mean I will buy it.

Instead, I just dropped $$ with BECCA instead. Get with the safe ingredients, CoverFX, please !

on 11/21/2017 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This was difficult to work with - surprisingly thick and hard to blend. It also seemed to be a shade or two lighter on me than it looked fresh from the tube. As others have said, it remains tacky and doesn't fully dry down or melt into the skin. Coverage is medium and it didn't seem to exacerbate dry patches or fine lines. It lasts okay but nothing notable. This isn't the worst foundation I've tried, but you could find something better at the drugstore, so it's certainly not worth the $40 price.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This has got to be one of the most annoying foundation I have used to date. When I saw that this foundation was oil-free, I took it to mean that it was suitable for oily skin. Not by a long shot. For one, it will slip and slide all over your face like it is doing the electric slide. The primer I used initially with this foundation was the Cover FX Calming primer since I have sensitive, acne-prone skin that is also oily to boot. The primer is actually soothing and didn't contribute to any new breakout. But this foundation refuses to "sit still" for anything. I tried the Wayne Goss method in applying foundation for oily skin and that was a bust. What remotely worked for me was using NYX Angel Veil and then using Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder. It didn't slide as much, but it still didn't hold up like I wanted to. And I really like the shades that it offered and so far didn't break me out. It is hard to find a foundation that matches my neutral dark complexion and doesn't break me out. The shade I can wear is N100 and N110. Like the majority of foundations on the market, it oxidized on me hence I can get away with wearing the N100 or even N90 if I am feeling ballsy. The only foundation that doesn't slip and slide all over the place is Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and my shade is 6N2 if anyone cares. But I have to make sure I wear a primer with ELDW and at least double clean. Hence, I only wear it for special occasions. The search continues.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am very hard to please with foundation. I have very fair, very dry skin with rosacea. Am using P20 which is a great match. Use primer. Long lasting, stays fresh looking, doesn’t settle into dry patches. Package is great for travel and it is cruelty free!

The only pro of this foundation is that the coverage is decent--it hides a lot of acne scarring with no need for concealer. Otherwise, this is a disaster. Transfers onto everything, even with primer, setting powder, and setting spray! Settles into every invisible fine line and crease despite buffing and sponging. I've even gone over problem areas with a cotton swab to remove foundation, only to go back later and find more settled in the crease! The formula is thick, clammy, and difficult to blend or apply lightly. Mixing with moisturizer only makes the transfer and settling problems worse. This is not for anyone with even a hint of a wrinkle.

on 12/24/2016 2:11:00 AM

UPDATE: a no- go for me. I've had this for almost a year and have used 2/3 of the tube( enough to write a review right?). It has a very lovely natural finish, one of the rare foundations that dont sink into my large pores and acne scars. BUT, it makes me look oil after 6 hour, transfers, comes off in patches ( I dont have oily skin). Now I remember why I put it away for the past few months, first day after using it again, I got a pimple, after second day, I got multiple whiteheads. I put it away again.

on 11/15/2016 9:57:00 PM

on 6/26/2016 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the worst foundation I have ever used.

I've tried dozens of foundations in the past few years. I have normal to dry skin, but don't have dry patches, flakiness, or large pores. I never have issues with oiliness or foundation breaking up, so I very rarely use primer or powder. Honestly, my skin plays well with 99% of foundations, and the only thing I ever have to be concerned about is coverage for acne scars; texture, finish, lasting power, etc. are not factors I have to think about when buying foundations.

So you can imagine my surprise when I wore this for the first time. Using a beauty blender, it went on fine, had medium coverage that could be built up, and the one thing I could rave about for this foundation is the shade range. I got the shade N0, and it is one of the lightest foundations I've found. It was a perfect match for me, and I was so pleased that I didn't have to use a white mixer. As usual, I didn't use primer or powder.

When I got home from classes, it hadn't even been four hours and I was horrified to see that my face was literally the shiniest it had ever been in my life. It looked like I had dipped my face in oil. There wasn't a trace of foundation left on my skin, so all coverage had disappeared and my acne scars and redness were completely visible.

The next day, I applied it with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush as opposed to a sponge, wondering if it would help. The brush made it go on streaky and it took a while to get it to look okay. I also set it with powder. Nonetheless, the same thing happened that day; I came home to a horrendously greasy and obviously blemished face.

I'm really sad about this, because the shade was perfect. But overall, I would not recommend. I really can't imagine for whom this foundation would work. Maybe for those with extremely dry skin? I don't know. But this was a huge disappointment.

on 6/3/2016 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is made out of vegetable oil. I am positive. This stuff is GREASY honey. I am so bummed because I love this line, the 'clean-ness' of it and how it's made for people with problem skin...But no. This was terrible on my combo skin. If you have really dry skin, then please get a sample of this. They stay power was there and the coverage is buildable... Just not for combo peeps.