Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

2.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 6/6/2018 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So I like the coverage of this foundation, but initially the color was too light for me. Looks like one thing in the bottle but oxidized to a ashy light color. The girl at Sephora states this was my color and after a lot of experiences with foundation ending up being too light for me after a Sephora suggestion I felt a little forced at the time not to take the darker shade. So I had to basically wait for cooler months for this shade currently to match. The bottle material is good quality but standard look, the texture is creamy and spreadable especially with a beauty blender that is not too damp. Gives me nearly full coverage. Going to try it during the summer months now and see how it holds up.

on 4/5/2018 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation performed fine but was nothing special. If i'm going to spend $63 AUD I expect it to compare to other foundations (i.e. my holy grail Makeup Forever Ultra HD) I use in that price bracket and this one doesn't.

Thank God i got a sample first! I got enough to try it out for a few days. I’ll get straight to my main points:

Pro:
-Vegan and cruelty free (the reason i was drawn to this foundation in the first place)
-color match was nice (G30) (im y245 in MUFE ultra hd)
-high medium coverage
-natural dewy finish (my preference)

Cons:
-hard to blend (with a brush it was a work out lol)
-it stays tacky unless you set it heavily, even still felt tacky after setting it (i did a light layer dusting of cover fx perfect setting powder)
-it smelled really bad kind of weird nutty scent
-not transfer proof
-not too heavy but you could feel it on your skin

Everything else was just mediocre, would not purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I just went to purchase this, but it seems to have been reformulated -- and the CoverFX, Sephora website only have the old formula. Annoying.

The box listed "HEXYLENE GLYCOL" as the last ingredient -- which is the stuff in MAC Studio Fix Powder that literally HURTS my face. So while I loved the Gold + shades for my Olive skin -- I am not risking my face. Two lipsticks for great colors, and that it was the last ingredient....but it does not mean I will buy it.

Instead, I just dropped $$ with BECCA instead. Get with the safe ingredients, CoverFX, please !

on 11/21/2017 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This was difficult to work with - surprisingly thick and hard to blend. It also seemed to be a shade or two lighter on me than it looked fresh from the tube. As others have said, it remains tacky and doesn't fully dry down or melt into the skin. Coverage is medium and it didn't seem to exacerbate dry patches or fine lines. It lasts okay but nothing notable. This isn't the worst foundation I've tried, but you could find something better at the drugstore, so it's certainly not worth the $40 price.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This has got to be one of the most annoying foundation I have used to date. When I saw that this foundation was oil-free, I took it to mean that it was suitable for oily skin. Not by a long shot. For one, it will slip and slide all over your face like it is doing the electric slide. The primer I used initially with this foundation was the Cover FX Calming primer since I have sensitive, acne-prone skin that is also oily to boot. The primer is actually soothing and didn't contribute to any new breakout. But this foundation refuses to "sit still" for anything. I tried the Wayne Goss method in applying foundation for oily skin and that was a bust. What remotely worked for me was using NYX Angel Veil and then using Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder. It didn't slide as much, but it still didn't hold up like I wanted to. And I really like the shades that it offered and so far didn't break me out. It is hard to find a foundation that matches my neutral dark complexion and doesn't break me out. The shade I can wear is N100 and N110. Like the majority of foundations on the market, it oxidized on me hence I can get away with wearing the N100 or even N90 if I am feeling ballsy. The only foundation that doesn't slip and slide all over the place is Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and my shade is 6N2 if anyone cares. But I have to make sure I wear a primer with ELDW and at least double clean. Hence, I only wear it for special occasions. The search continues.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am very hard to please with foundation. I have very fair, very dry skin with rosacea. Am using P20 which is a great match. Use primer. Long lasting, stays fresh looking, doesn’t settle into dry patches. Package is great for travel and it is cruelty free!

The only pro of this foundation is that the coverage is decent--it hides a lot of acne scarring with no need for concealer. Otherwise, this is a disaster. Transfers onto everything, even with primer, setting powder, and setting spray! Settles into every invisible fine line and crease despite buffing and sponging. I've even gone over problem areas with a cotton swab to remove foundation, only to go back later and find more settled in the crease! The formula is thick, clammy, and difficult to blend or apply lightly. Mixing with moisturizer only makes the transfer and settling problems worse. This is not for anyone with even a hint of a wrinkle.

on 12/24/2016 2:11:00 AM

UPDATE: a no- go for me. I've had this for almost a year and have used 2/3 of the tube( enough to write a review right?). It has a very lovely natural finish, one of the rare foundations that dont sink into my large pores and acne scars. BUT, it makes me look oil after 6 hour, transfers, comes off in patches ( I dont have oily skin). Now I remember why I put it away for the past few months, first day after using it again, I got a pimple, after second day, I got multiple whiteheads. I put it away again.

on 11/15/2016 9:57:00 PM

I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS FOUNDATION I HAVE VERY DRY SKIN WITH THIS I PUT AN $150 SERUM AND A DAB OF VASELINE . ZERO WRINKLES. USE A 56 SEPHORA BRUSH AND DAB WITH A BEAUTY BLENDER AND SET WITH MAC STDIO FIX LOOK THE BEST I HAVE IN YEARS DO NOT JUST USE A BEAUTY BLENDER . IT WILL SOAK UP PRODUCT AND LEAVE PATCHY.