Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this once about 2 years ago because I was looking for a natural-looking foundation. I have oily but dehydrated/sensitive skin and a very flaky nose. Though it did look very natural and the color was a great match, something just didn't look right. I went on to Estee Lauder Double Wear for a while but ultimately, that was just too much coverage for me. Tried this again about 3 months ago and now I have finally figured out what I didn't like about this foundation. It literally doesn't sit right on my skin. No matter how much I blend, it just seems to sit on top of my skin. No primer, sunscreen or bare-face makes a difference. It just doesn't blend well at all.

Now I know and I won't be buying this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First let's discuss my skin type. I have combination, acne prone skin. I get oily in the t-zone and around my nose, and very dry around my chin, eyes, and outer forehead. I have acne on my chin, scarring, and redness on my cheeks.

Coverage -
This foundation is very buildable. I would say it starts as a medium coverage and can easy be built up to full coverage without looking cakey. The first layer does not always cover my active acne, but if I apply a second layer to those areas it's nearly invisible. I don't feel the need to use concealer with this foundation. You need very little product to cover the entire face. I use my beauty blender to apply this and it blends without any effort.

Lasting Power -
I find this product lasts through out most of the day. It sometimes fades away on my chin area, but I touch that area of my face quite often (bad habit). It doesn't break up in my oily areas and I do not feel the need to powder or reapply throughout the day. I work 8 hours a day and this will last through my entire work shift.

Variety, Packaging and Price -
Packaging is ideal. There is no pump, and you don't have to dump it out of a glass bottle. All you have to do is squeeze the plastic tube it comes in. Very easy to use, and you can tell when you are running out. They have a million different shades and undertones of this foundation. I imagine anyone could find their color in this product. I am very fair with yellow/neutral undertones. I use the color G20. This foundation is about $38 so it's not cheap but it is by far worth the price. I've tried using cheaper drugstore foundations and while some of them are great, they do not compare. Worth every penny.

Final Thoughts -
This is my holy grail foundation. I was recommended this product by the wonderful ladies at my Sephora. I suggest going there and asking for a sample before you buy it. I imagine this product would work well on all skin types. As I said, I apply this using a beauty blender and have great results. It's the perfect consistency, not to thick or thin. I have also used the Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this and while it did take a little longer, the results were still flawless. Since using this I have seen a few gurus, including Jaclyn Hill talk about this product I cannot recommend this enough.

on 2/15/2016 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Tried lots of foundations this is one of the better products. It's a little pricy though, way more than regular drugstore brands due to its hypoallergenic nature - I have sensitive skin. I also need a moisturizing foundation because of my mixed, more mature complexion. This seems to work well for me. I try not to use powder in certain areas that will draw moisture and highlight wrinkles. I apply it all over sparingly and let it dry to a satin finish (downside is that it takes a while) and pat on more in places that require more coverage. Has a natural looking healthy glow on me anyway - ymmv. I use the P40 tone. It sets very well with powder (I also use the light Cover FX powder).

on 12/31/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I genuinely do not understand the bad reviews this has. This is my new HG foundation. I have tried everything...Drugstore, Urban Decay, Sephora, Clinique, Too Faced, Mac, etc and I will not be buying a new foundation for a very long time. This does everything I could want foundation to do and looks flawless in doing so.

My skin... straight up normal, not oily or dry. I don't even find that I need concealer when I wear this. I still apply some under my eyes but not as much as I do with other foundations. I have shade G20, I typically wear Urban Decay 2.0 for reference.

This is full coverage without being cakey. I apply 2-3 layers of this stuff, set with a little powder and then use a finishing spray. You can leave this after 1 small layer and have a sheer to light coverage. I thought it was lying about that claim but you can truly go from light to full coverage with this product. Granted do I look like I'm wearing makeup? Absolutely, but in a you know her skin isn't that flawless kinda way. It still lets my freckles show through which I love but it covers if I'm getting a pimple one day. Granted, I don't have any real blemishes or scars so I can't speak for that.

It lasts throughout the day and does not oxidize!! It almost looks better at the end of the day.. I don't want to take it off! When taking your makeup off at night with this foundation you definitely have to work though. If there any is con, I'll say that is it. It doesn't clog my pores or break me out either.

Truly, 10/10. Try it.

EDIT- I've added two pictures, 1 of a close up around the mouth because foundation typically breaks up around here on me and shows lines and then 2, one of the side of my face.

Great product. Blends really well. This was recommended to me by the cosmetician for my sensitive, oily skin (as well as for covering up acne) - which is nice that there's a foundation that covers all these bases (pun not intended). I don't have to use much product to get the desired result, so it lasts a long time before having to re-purchase.

Speaking of re-purchasing, I noticed they've upped the price (but that might depend on the store). I don't know if I would be willing to pay an even higher amount than when I first got this. That would depend on how effective other foundations are compared to this one.

on 4/1/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I was in Sephora last weekend and was just browsing. I wasn't looking for anything in particular. I noticed the new Cover FX I've wanted to try this for awhile. My Color IQ match in the foundation was WAY too dark. But a very nice and helpful SA color matched me to N20. I thought this would be way too light. But it was absolutely perfect. I couldn't believe it. It's literally the best color match I've EVER had with a liquid foundation. I was also amazed at the covered. It covers the redness and smooths out the bumps on my face. It looks and feels like you aren't wearing anything at all. At $40, the price is so so. A little bit of this foundation goes a long way. My small sample tub lasted me 5 days. Usually, I'm lucky if I can get two days worth out if it. I did purchase a full-sized bottle, but I think I'm going to return.

There is one major drawback to this foundation. The staying power. Even with my trusty Becca primer, it STILL doesn't stay on my face very long. It starts disappearing after less than 3 hours. It also never really dries on my skin. It feels almost greasy, and transfers something awful. I love that this is all natural, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. By the 8 hour mark, there are huge patches of redness showing through on my cheeks and nose. I would not recommend this foundation to someone with oily or combination/oil (which is what I am) I was so disappointed by this because I love everything else about this foundation. But I'm not going to spend $40 on a foundation when I get more staying power with a drugstore foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try this foundation because it was formulated for those with sensitive skin. This didn't break me out and it actually helped my skin. It looks awesome when its first applied but its leaves a sticky feeling and never really sets. It doesn't matter how much powder I use, Its just sticky and I have to blot even though I don't have oily skin. It's not worth the money.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This foundation is a nightmare in a tube.

I bought this foundation after having numerous consultants at Shoppers Drug Mart tell me that this was the ONLY foundation that would match my skin's undertone and even the surface out, and being a senior in high school with an upcoming prom, I bought it even though it felt like a waxy mask on my face when the lady tried it out on me.
Now I don't know if this is meant for dry skin types, but it is definitely not meant for combination or oily skin types. When I tried it on the next day to test it out for myself, it made my face look SO oily and shiny, NOT dewy at all. It defined every single pore and pimple I had, felt like an oil slick, and transferred onto clothes even after I set it with 2 stippled layers of setting powder. But silly little me got so carried away with how perfectly the colour matched my skin tone and undertone that I wore it anyway for about 5 months, and touched up by blotting then applying translucent powder 3 to 5 times a day.

I bought this stuff in May. It's now September. Let me tell you about the long-term effects. At first, it only irritated my skin, but I covered the redness with the foundation. Then I noticed a couple pimples here and there, but I covered them with the foundation. Then I noticed white spots and red spots and dry spots. But I covered them all with this foundation. AND NOW MY SKIN IS HORRIBLE AND THE WORST IT HAS EVER BEEN IN MY LIFE. It's just absolutely disgusting. I don't allow myself in natural light because it's so gross. I don't like to put my hair up because my cheeks are so gross. I don't even want to go outside without any make up on, which I used to do all the stinking time. Confidently.

But life moves on. I made an appointment with my doctor to get a referral to a dermatologist. I've contacted the company letting them know how much I hate their foundation. I've consolidated myself over the loss of $40 which I had to save up for because I don't have a job. I've switched to Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast foundation in 957 (which I will be testing out today). I've changed my whole skincare routine to tend to my face full of acne. I've made a mental check list of natural things to do everyday to help my face. And I've promised to only ever glance at this stuff if my under-eyes ever grow dark circles that nothing else in the universe can cover up, because this product is too expensive to throw away.

Unless you have the driest of dry skins, I'm warning you.

on 7/10/2014 2:03:00 AM

Bought this after a sales associate recommended this to me. It's always been a struggle for me to find a foundation that is an ideal color match, all while being not too greasy or too dry (as someone with combination skin this happens often). This fit the bill. The color N10 was perfect for my incredibly pale skin. The foundation also wears very well after the whole day, but I do have to say that powder is needed. It doesn't look too greasy but I can see how individuals with oily skin wouldn't be able to work with it. I wear sunscreen underneath and it is perfect on my skin. If you want a lighter coverage I would definitely apply it using less product (or suggest sheering it out) as this is what I do. Overall I really like this foundation. Only con is that this foundation doesn't have the best packaging. I don't like having to squeeze it out I'd rather have the standard foundation bottle with pump.

on 4/12/2013 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh. I wrote this long glowing review and then it had to go and dry me up like so many other foundations do (so far only Nars Sheer Glow and Too Faced Amazing Face haven't done this too me). Its a shame because the color G20 was a perfect match, the coverage was ideal as long as I didn't put too much on. It worked well with a primer, and it was thick enough to double as light concealer. Unfortunately by midday I can feel that horrible tightness and see all the flaky skin on my forehead. Nars Sheer Glow, I'm sorry I strayed.