Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

2.6

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 12/24/2016 2:11:00 AM

UPDATE: a no- go for me. I've had this for almost a year and have used 2/3 of the tube( enough to write a review right?). It has a very lovely natural finish, one of the rare foundations that dont sink into my large pores and acne scars. BUT, it makes me look oil after 6 hour, transfers, comes off in patches ( I dont have oily skin). Now I remember why I put it away for the past few months, first day after using it again, I got a pimple, after second day, I got multiple whiteheads. I put it away again.

on 6/26/2016 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the worst foundation I have ever used.

I've tried dozens of foundations in the past few years. I have normal to dry skin, but don't have dry patches, flakiness, or large pores. I never have issues with oiliness or foundation breaking up, so I very rarely use primer or powder. Honestly, my skin plays well with 99% of foundations, and the only thing I ever have to be concerned about is coverage for acne scars; texture, finish, lasting power, etc. are not factors I have to think about when buying foundations.

So you can imagine my surprise when I wore this for the first time. Using a beauty blender, it went on fine, had medium coverage that could be built up, and the one thing I could rave about for this foundation is the shade range. I got the shade N0, and it is one of the lightest foundations I've found. It was a perfect match for me, and I was so pleased that I didn't have to use a white mixer. As usual, I didn't use primer or powder.

When I got home from classes, it hadn't even been four hours and I was horrified to see that my face was literally the shiniest it had ever been in my life. It looked like I had dipped my face in oil. There wasn't a trace of foundation left on my skin, so all coverage had disappeared and my acne scars and redness were completely visible.

The next day, I applied it with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush as opposed to a sponge, wondering if it would help. The brush made it go on streaky and it took a while to get it to look okay. I also set it with powder. Nonetheless, the same thing happened that day; I came home to a horrendously greasy and obviously blemished face.

I'm really sad about this, because the shade was perfect. But overall, I would not recommend. I really can't imagine for whom this foundation would work. Maybe for those with extremely dry skin? I don't know. But this was a huge disappointment.

on 6/3/2016 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is made out of vegetable oil. I am positive. This stuff is GREASY honey. I am so bummed because I love this line, the 'clean-ness' of it and how it's made for people with problem skin...But no. This was terrible on my combo skin. If you have really dry skin, then please get a sample of this. They stay power was there and the coverage is buildable... Just not for combo peeps.

on 1/22/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this foundation hoping it was going to keep my skin looking smooth and flawless throughout the day without any touch-ups. When I first put it on, I was in love. It looked literally perfect and I had an amazing color matched to my skin. I put it on before work one day super confident I was going to look fabulous and when I went to use the restroom, I looked into the mirror and felt sick to my stomach. My foundation looked like it was sliding off my face... I used primer, powder, and setting spray and it STILL did not want to stay in place. So disappointed, I really wanted to like it, but it went right back to Sephora! And it is stupid expensive.. totally not worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I dig it. It does its job for me as a foundation. Leaves me feeling bright and glowy, but not too shiny. Not sure if it is my favorite, but I'd say it's definitely worth a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

After having a bad reaction to another foundation, I was left at a crossroads where I was afraid to wear makeup but really needed coverage. This foundation has pretty much saved my self-esteem and made it possible for me to regain some normalcy after looking straight up awful from the reaction.

I had tried a sample of this and was happy with the coverage I got, but it did initially feel heavy on the skin when I applied it with my fingers or used a sponge. I have found this foundation works much better and feels nicer on the skin applied with a flat top synthetic brush. The coverage is excellent and can cover just about everything and right now I've needed really heavy coverage. More importantly, despite having really sensitive and healing skin, it has not broken me out at all. The coverage lasts a lot longer when set with a powder and miraculously holds up even during the super humid and often makeup destroying summers we have here in Atlanta.

I also appreciate that this comes in a wide variety of colors and undertones, when foundations jilt people who aren't "beige" I get pretty annoyed. The packaging is just a simple grey tube with a small window on the bottom, so it's hygienic but nothing fancy.

The only downside is the price, but it is priced on par with other mid to high end brands (Makeup Forever, Kat von D)and offers the same amount of product those do. I also like that this brand is very committed to making vegan cosmetics.

I think formula wise this foundation would work for most people - I'd especially recommend this foundation for anyone who is dealing with a major skin crisis and needs coverage without it causing further problems or just really sensitive skin. Since mine is so prone to reactions, this is what I'll be sticking with for now while my face continues to heal.

on 3/27/2014 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

**This only gets 3 stars because the color matched me decently, not because the product is any good.

Skin type: moderate acne (6-10+ active spots), oily all over, dry around certain acne spots, uneven skin tone due to acne scars (not deep/pits, just miscolored surface level spots), lots of redness in my skin due to sensitivity, and fair with yellow undertones. Basically, my skin is every girls worst nightmare.

So I went to Sephora and let them test a few different foundations on me because I desperately wanted something to help combat the redness in my skin (which makes my face look in much worse condition than it truly is) and this is what we landed on that worked with my skin tone. They also used Tarte's Colored Clay CC Primer underneath this (that's another review). After about 2 hours of wear, I already regretted buying it.

Over the next few days I tried it with a beauty blender, a brush, my fingers, with moisturize, without it, with the Tarte CC primer, without it, with a press powder, with a translucent powder, blah blah, and NOTHING worked.

Literally, my skin never felt dry. It had that "if my face touches anything, all of this is rubbing off on it" feel. I always take two toilet paper sheets, fold them, and lightly dabbed my face after putting on foundation to pick up the excess so it doesn't make me exceedingly oily in that spot, and it literally took OFF the entire amount of make-up I had just put on. It looked good in the mirror from about 4 feet back. It did make my skin look decently evened out, but the wear-life was 2 hours max. It says it is oil free but there is just something in this make-up that did not agree with my skin seeing as how it didn't last for shiz.

I would say pass on this one if your skin can potentially become oily at any point during the day or if you don't want to look like garbage.

on 3/26/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried a sample at SDM then bought the tube. It felt ok at first, but was so irritating/drying after a few hours, I couldn't wait to wash it off. I returned this the same day. It also turned orange.

on 3/18/2014 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been wearing liquid foundation since I was in high school. Frankly full coverage foundation scares me, as I see a lot of cake face. My skin is rather temperamental and I was breaking out pretty bad and needed something with more coverage. Went to Sephora and got matched with N30 which is a tad to dark and while it supposed to be neutral, it does lean a bit orange. I like that this has a natural finish as most medium-full coverage foundations are more matte. This really provides nice smooth even coverage, I usually apply with my fingers, then finish with a beauty blender and set with powder. I would say this is medium-full as as opposed to completely full, it will cover acne/redness but not birthmarks or major pigmentation issues.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wanted to find something that was medium to full coverage that I could sheer out, depending on what I felt like. I also wanted something that was more of a color match. I had started using Revlon Colorstay again, but they never seem to be golden enough for my skin (I'm half Filipino). I am about an NC30, and G40 was perfect. The finish is nice. I was afraid it would dry me out, but it hasn't (plus I use a heavy moisturizer and soap-free face wash, so...). As others have said, the foundation also functions as a light concealer. You can build coverage, but do so in thin layers to avoid looking cakey. I use very little product for medium coverage. Very pleased. Would purchase again.

Edit 9/9/13 I had to stop using this stuff as it ended up drying me out slowly but surely. Would be better for people with normal-oily skin!