Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First let's discuss my skin type. I have combination, acne prone skin. I get oily in the t-zone and around my nose, and very dry around my chin, eyes, and outer forehead. I have acne on my chin, scarring, and redness on my cheeks.

Coverage -
This foundation is very buildable. I would say it starts as a medium coverage and can easy be built up to full coverage without looking cakey. The first layer does not always cover my active acne, but if I apply a second layer to those areas it's nearly invisible. I don't feel the need to use concealer with this foundation. You need very little product to cover the entire face. I use my beauty blender to apply this and it blends without any effort.

Lasting Power -
I find this product lasts through out most of the day. It sometimes fades away on my chin area, but I touch that area of my face quite often (bad habit). It doesn't break up in my oily areas and I do not feel the need to powder or reapply throughout the day. I work 8 hours a day and this will last through my entire work shift.

Variety, Packaging and Price -
Packaging is ideal. There is no pump, and you don't have to dump it out of a glass bottle. All you have to do is squeeze the plastic tube it comes in. Very easy to use, and you can tell when you are running out. They have a million different shades and undertones of this foundation. I imagine anyone could find their color in this product. I am very fair with yellow/neutral undertones. I use the color G20. This foundation is about $38 so it's not cheap but it is by far worth the price. I've tried using cheaper drugstore foundations and while some of them are great, they do not compare. Worth every penny.

Final Thoughts -
This is my holy grail foundation. I was recommended this product by the wonderful ladies at my Sephora. I suggest going there and asking for a sample before you buy it. I imagine this product would work well on all skin types. As I said, I apply this using a beauty blender and have great results. It's the perfect consistency, not to thick or thin. I have also used the Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this and while it did take a little longer, the results were still flawless. Since using this I have seen a few gurus, including Jaclyn Hill talk about this product I cannot recommend this enough.

on 9/11/2016 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

Summary: Emollient foundation with flexible coverage made specifically for dry skin. When lightly set looks fantastic all day and smooths skin texture and discoloration. So hard to find a dry skin friendly foundation with coverage, this is it.

My skin: I have cool olive undertones and fluctuate between Nars stromboli and Nars Tahoe depth (nc30 - nd42). I'm reviewing the new shade G+50. Since the range change their color system there were no true options for those with olive green undertones. Everything was too satured. This is even more olive than Nars stromboli which looks a bit peachy in comparison. Same depth.

My skin texture is usually decent unless I'm having an eczema flare up, then it's quite flaky and sensitive. My skin is also dry (produces very little oil) except for on my nose. I'm a Canadian who deals with harsh dry winters most of the year. When I need a moisturizing foundation, I'm not kidding around.

Review:

This is a great highly emollient foundation. If you have oily skin RUN far away from this one. Cover fx explicitly states this is for normal to dry, and from a Canadian company you better believe it.

This is not a watery moisturizing foundation like healthy mix serum, it really is more of a cream and is purposfully designed to be blendable and sheer out or built until you set it so there's no need to hurry or blend in sections. You can take your time. The coverage is incredibly flexible. I can go sheer and almost to full with this. Anybody who wants to cover lots of redness/hyperpigmentation but wants a natural sheer finish on the rest of their face will love this.

You HAVE to set this. There is no other way it will look good all day. Even of its just a light dusting, you MUST or it will transfer and migrate and look like complete crap. I rarely set foundation. My skin is dry, and unless I'm smack dab in the middle of summer I just don't have to UNLESS I'm wearing this. Then it lasts all day, it really does, I've had it last through dripping humidity and a rosacea flare up. This is good stuff.

Use less than you think, set it lightly and enjoy the magic. A godsend for those of us with dry flaky skin. Just set it!

on 8/15/2016 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation for daytime only it leaves me looking younger fresher and feels moisturizing. I'm combo and acne prone (this didn't cause any breakouts) skin oily tzone, I need to blot after few hours but will deal with it because I love the finish so much, looks natural in daylight. If say this is medium coverage, for night time I prefer something fuller coverage.

on 6/3/2016 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is made out of vegetable oil. I am positive. This stuff is GREASY honey. I am so bummed because I love this line, the 'clean-ness' of it and how it's made for people with problem skin...But no. This was terrible on my combo skin. If you have really dry skin, then please get a sample of this. They stay power was there and the coverage is buildable... Just not for combo peeps.

on 5/28/2016 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

IF YOU HAVE OILY OR COMBO SKIN STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS FOUNDATION, the coverage is okay but it transfer badly, even with sitting powder on top and their is tooo much yellow on the colors. i really wanted to love it due to the fact that it doesn't have some bad chemicals in but really not my foundation. i have combo skin with dry patches on cheeks.

on 7/10/2015 11:15:00 PM

first application covers well until after a couple hrs it starts to melt off. Would not buy again

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Greaseball!
I was recommended this product my a sephora beauty consultant after asking for a lightweight, breathable, medium coverage foundation. She suggested Becca or Cover FX but told me she recommended Cover FX natural finish foundation, so she matched me and I didn't really see a wow factor to this but I figured maybe i would like it. The next day i decided to try it out, when I applied it it was extremely blendable and my skin looked really soft, but 20 minutes later it oxidized badly! My fave looked orange! And I would say I didn't even get a medium coverage until I packed on multiple layers. I went on with my day to see how it wears with my oily skin. One hour later, I looked in the mirror and it was awful! I have never had such a bad experience. So greasy, and orange! I hate this foundation! Oily skin girls beware!
PS : I have some acne so maybe thats why I didn't like the coverage

This does have good coverage but can start to cake up so I don't recommend this for people who have heavy blemishes. It does have a natural finish if applied with one layer. However, it creases like crazy! It creases on the lines by my mouth and also my under eyes! It also transfers so easily even if you set it with powder! It has no spf either so this is most definitely not for day time use. Though, I must say it looks good if you're going out to dinner or taking pictures at night and wouldn't mind doing touch ups on your face. Overall it would have been a good product since it doesn't make me break out but it's just too much work to maintain and the price is just outrageous for a foundation that requires so much work.

on 3/27/2014 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

**This only gets 3 stars because the color matched me decently, not because the product is any good.

Skin type: moderate acne (6-10+ active spots), oily all over, dry around certain acne spots, uneven skin tone due to acne scars (not deep/pits, just miscolored surface level spots), lots of redness in my skin due to sensitivity, and fair with yellow undertones. Basically, my skin is every girls worst nightmare.

So I went to Sephora and let them test a few different foundations on me because I desperately wanted something to help combat the redness in my skin (which makes my face look in much worse condition than it truly is) and this is what we landed on that worked with my skin tone. They also used Tarte's Colored Clay CC Primer underneath this (that's another review). After about 2 hours of wear, I already regretted buying it.

Over the next few days I tried it with a beauty blender, a brush, my fingers, with moisturize, without it, with the Tarte CC primer, without it, with a press powder, with a translucent powder, blah blah, and NOTHING worked.

Literally, my skin never felt dry. It had that "if my face touches anything, all of this is rubbing off on it" feel. I always take two toilet paper sheets, fold them, and lightly dabbed my face after putting on foundation to pick up the excess so it doesn't make me exceedingly oily in that spot, and it literally took OFF the entire amount of make-up I had just put on. It looked good in the mirror from about 4 feet back. It did make my skin look decently evened out, but the wear-life was 2 hours max. It says it is oil free but there is just something in this make-up that did not agree with my skin seeing as how it didn't last for shiz.

I would say pass on this one if your skin can potentially become oily at any point during the day or if you don't want to look like garbage.

on 6/20/2013 5:49:00 PM

My everyday foundation. I don't love it but this doesn't make me breakout... I'm scared to try other foundations. Once I find what works for me I tend to just stick to that.
+Coverage is great. I usually use this when I need a lot of coverage during bad break out. I usually use a tinted moisturizer.
Even though wearing makeup will make your skin worse, this foundation DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT. It allows my skin to clear up while covering blemishes without making it worse.
The only thing I do not like about this foundation is that it feels heavy. I never use this foundation on it's own because it is too thick for me. For a more natural look,mix with moisturizer

It can feel heavy at times (esp when it's hot) but when I have a really good skin day and apply a thin layer (mixed with moisturizer) it's very natural and feels like nothing is on my face.