Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 11/15/2016 9:57:00 PM

I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS FOUNDATION I HAVE VERY DRY SKIN WITH THIS I PUT AN $150 SERUM AND A DAB OF VASELINE . ZERO WRINKLES. USE A 56 SEPHORA BRUSH AND DAB WITH A BEAUTY BLENDER AND SET WITH MAC STDIO FIX LOOK THE BEST I HAVE IN YEARS DO NOT JUST USE A BEAUTY BLENDER . IT WILL SOAK UP PRODUCT AND LEAVE PATCHY.

on 6/26/2016 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the worst foundation I have ever used.

I've tried dozens of foundations in the past few years. I have normal to dry skin, but don't have dry patches, flakiness, or large pores. I never have issues with oiliness or foundation breaking up, so I very rarely use primer or powder. Honestly, my skin plays well with 99% of foundations, and the only thing I ever have to be concerned about is coverage for acne scars; texture, finish, lasting power, etc. are not factors I have to think about when buying foundations.

So you can imagine my surprise when I wore this for the first time. Using a beauty blender, it went on fine, had medium coverage that could be built up, and the one thing I could rave about for this foundation is the shade range. I got the shade N0, and it is one of the lightest foundations I've found. It was a perfect match for me, and I was so pleased that I didn't have to use a white mixer. As usual, I didn't use primer or powder.

When I got home from classes, it hadn't even been four hours and I was horrified to see that my face was literally the shiniest it had ever been in my life. It looked like I had dipped my face in oil. There wasn't a trace of foundation left on my skin, so all coverage had disappeared and my acne scars and redness were completely visible.

The next day, I applied it with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush as opposed to a sponge, wondering if it would help. The brush made it go on streaky and it took a while to get it to look okay. I also set it with powder. Nonetheless, the same thing happened that day; I came home to a horrendously greasy and obviously blemished face.

I'm really sad about this, because the shade was perfect. But overall, I would not recommend. I really can't imagine for whom this foundation would work. Maybe for those with extremely dry skin? I don't know. But this was a huge disappointment.

on 4/6/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite everyday foundation. I have dry skin with some patchiness and a lot of redness (possibly eczema, undiagnosed right now), and this covers like a dream. I only use a small to moderate amount and my redness is gone. It's easy to sheer out with moisturizer and plays well with all the primers I've tried. Even without primer it can last 6-8 hours on me. The P20 is the closest match I've found to my skin tone and the formula never irritates me. Love this stuff!

I got a sample of this from Sephora in the shade N10. At first I liked it. This provides a medium coverage and a matte finish on my dry skin. For the first couple hours it looks good and lasts well. However, after about 8 hours it started to seperate around my mouth. This very rarely happens to me. It also sunk into my smile lines and clung to my dry patches but I am used to this. I think this product may be breaking me out, but i'm not sure.

on 10/21/2015 9:26:00 AM

Love the packaging, but the love stops there. I expected this to be full coverage, it's not. (I consider Esste Lauder Double Wear to be full coverage, and holy grail.) I also expected a natural finish foundation to be okay for dry skin. It definitely grabbed at dry patches. I tried putting a drop of beauty oil in, but it didn't seem to help. I've tried with a brush and a beauty blender, I just can't make it work for my dry skin.

on 3/8/2014 1:05:00 PM

I have sampled this a couple of times as well as even tried buying it (only to return it). I really wanted to like it because it is a good company, has good coverage, and is good for the skin. However, I really couldn't like it. I tried it once over the summer, which in WI is quite humid, and thought I just looked greasy, so I returned it. This winter, though, has been so dry that I thought I would try again. The experience was a little better, but not good enough. The foundation goes on like a dream - a little goes a long way, but you need to set with a powder to keep it from transferring. Anything it touches it transfers onto! This is probably related to the way it feels on the skin: a little tacky. It almost feels wet, which is partially why it seems so hydrating, but it is a very different feeling from most long-wear foundations like Estee Lauder or MAC. But, within a couple hours I felt like the foundation oxidized on me and made my forehead look very oily. I have generally dry skin, so to look oily is a strange reaction to a foundation. I also have fair skin with neutral tones, so looking orange-ish also didn't suit me. I think this may work for some, but sadly, for me, it did not.

Pros:
Good company
Good ingredients for the skin
Potentially long-wearing and humidity proof

Cons:
Seems to oxidize
Transfers