Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.3

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

I bought this foundation after a horrid experience with oil cleansing. After 3 months of trying some popular paleo and more natural remedies, I finally saw my dermatologist and he started me on retin a micro to help clear up the horrible mess of closed comedones and clogged pores I inflicted upon myself. I knew from reviews that the initial breakout on this stuff would be extremely difficult to deal with considering that I work reception in the diagnostic imaging department at an extremely busy hospital and see upwards of 100 patients+ per day.
The packaging of this product is great. Looks modern, neat and innovative. I also love that the product is more natural and does not use harsh chemicals/parabens as I suffer from occasional flare ups of perioral dermatitis and find cosmetic products to contribute significantly. This foundation has never flared up my dermatitis and has high coverage but that's about it for positives. It never ever sets fully. It looks great as soon as its applied, but is already shiny shortly after I get to work. It feels heavy on my skin and that never goes away no matter what I use to set it. It also starts to look more and more orange by the end of the day which actually seems to highlight the breakouts I am getting from retin a. I will continue to use only until my new foundation comes in the mail, and certainly will not be recommending this to any friends. If you have combination or oily skin stay far away from this stuff.

on 1/26/2018 7:52:00 AM

I'm surprised by the negative reviews. I've always loved this foundation and found it very natural and skin like. Love the shade range, the formula (dewy but wears well) and I love the fact that it isn't heavy. Great foundation and will continue to repurchase.

on 11/21/2017 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This was difficult to work with - surprisingly thick and hard to blend. It also seemed to be a shade or two lighter on me than it looked fresh from the tube. As others have said, it remains tacky and doesn't fully dry down or melt into the skin. Coverage is medium and it didn't seem to exacerbate dry patches or fine lines. It lasts okay but nothing notable. This isn't the worst foundation I've tried, but you could find something better at the drugstore, so it's certainly not worth the $40 price.

on 11/19/2017 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This foundation is what I would consider "tacky". Like others have said, it doesn't really dry down all the way, even after using plenty of powder. What's worse is that when you apply the power, the foundation is so damp underneath still that the powder has an effect of making the foundation beneath it move around if you touch your face at all to apply blush or anything. It seriously just pushes the foundation of your face. Also left me looking a little cakey.

It's unfortunate because this foundation is almost really great. It looks very nice from a small distance but not so much closer up.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am very hard to please with foundation. I have very fair, very dry skin with rosacea. Am using P20 which is a great match. Use primer. Long lasting, stays fresh looking, doesn’t settle into dry patches. Package is great for travel and it is cruelty free!

The only pro of this foundation is that the coverage is decent--it hides a lot of acne scarring with no need for concealer. Otherwise, this is a disaster. Transfers onto everything, even with primer, setting powder, and setting spray! Settles into every invisible fine line and crease despite buffing and sponging. I've even gone over problem areas with a cotton swab to remove foundation, only to go back later and find more settled in the crease! The formula is thick, clammy, and difficult to blend or apply lightly. Mixing with moisturizer only makes the transfer and settling problems worse. This is not for anyone with even a hint of a wrinkle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First let's discuss my skin type. I have combination, acne prone skin. I get oily in the t-zone and around my nose, and very dry around my chin, eyes, and outer forehead. I have acne on my chin, scarring, and redness on my cheeks.

Coverage -
This foundation is very buildable. I would say it starts as a medium coverage and can easy be built up to full coverage without looking cakey. The first layer does not always cover my active acne, but if I apply a second layer to those areas it's nearly invisible. I don't feel the need to use concealer with this foundation. You need very little product to cover the entire face. I use my beauty blender to apply this and it blends without any effort.

Lasting Power -
I find this product lasts through out most of the day. It sometimes fades away on my chin area, but I touch that area of my face quite often (bad habit). It doesn't break up in my oily areas and I do not feel the need to powder or reapply throughout the day. I work 8 hours a day and this will last through my entire work shift.

Variety, Packaging and Price -
Packaging is ideal. There is no pump, and you don't have to dump it out of a glass bottle. All you have to do is squeeze the plastic tube it comes in. Very easy to use, and you can tell when you are running out. They have a million different shades and undertones of this foundation. I imagine anyone could find their color in this product. I am very fair with yellow/neutral undertones. I use the color G20. This foundation is about $38 so it's not cheap but it is by far worth the price. I've tried using cheaper drugstore foundations and while some of them are great, they do not compare. Worth every penny.

Final Thoughts -
This is my holy grail foundation. I was recommended this product by the wonderful ladies at my Sephora. I suggest going there and asking for a sample before you buy it. I imagine this product would work well on all skin types. As I said, I apply this using a beauty blender and have great results. It's the perfect consistency, not to thick or thin. I have also used the Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this and while it did take a little longer, the results were still flawless. Since using this I have seen a few gurus, including Jaclyn Hill talk about this product I cannot recommend this enough.

on 7/22/2016 10:08:00 PM

This product is great for sensitive and dry skin. It will not break you out or cause any irritation. The only issue is the foundation is so hydrating and dewy that it doesn't set. So if you touch your face you are screwed. It does last all day.

on 6/26/2016 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the worst foundation I have ever used.

I've tried dozens of foundations in the past few years. I have normal to dry skin, but don't have dry patches, flakiness, or large pores. I never have issues with oiliness or foundation breaking up, so I very rarely use primer or powder. Honestly, my skin plays well with 99% of foundations, and the only thing I ever have to be concerned about is coverage for acne scars; texture, finish, lasting power, etc. are not factors I have to think about when buying foundations.

So you can imagine my surprise when I wore this for the first time. Using a beauty blender, it went on fine, had medium coverage that could be built up, and the one thing I could rave about for this foundation is the shade range. I got the shade N0, and it is one of the lightest foundations I've found. It was a perfect match for me, and I was so pleased that I didn't have to use a white mixer. As usual, I didn't use primer or powder.

When I got home from classes, it hadn't even been four hours and I was horrified to see that my face was literally the shiniest it had ever been in my life. It looked like I had dipped my face in oil. There wasn't a trace of foundation left on my skin, so all coverage had disappeared and my acne scars and redness were completely visible.

The next day, I applied it with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush as opposed to a sponge, wondering if it would help. The brush made it go on streaky and it took a while to get it to look okay. I also set it with powder. Nonetheless, the same thing happened that day; I came home to a horrendously greasy and obviously blemished face.

I'm really sad about this, because the shade was perfect. But overall, I would not recommend. I really can't imagine for whom this foundation would work. Maybe for those with extremely dry skin? I don't know. But this was a huge disappointment.

on 4/6/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite everyday foundation. I have dry skin with some patchiness and a lot of redness (possibly eczema, undiagnosed right now), and this covers like a dream. I only use a small to moderate amount and my redness is gone. It's easy to sheer out with moisturizer and plays well with all the primers I've tried. Even without primer it can last 6-8 hours on me. The P20 is the closest match I've found to my skin tone and the formula never irritates me. Love this stuff!