Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 6/6/2018 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So I like the coverage of this foundation, but initially the color was too light for me. Looks like one thing in the bottle but oxidized to a ashy light color. The girl at Sephora states this was my color and after a lot of experiences with foundation ending up being too light for me after a Sephora suggestion I felt a little forced at the time not to take the darker shade. So I had to basically wait for cooler months for this shade currently to match. The bottle material is good quality but standard look, the texture is creamy and spreadable especially with a beauty blender that is not too damp. Gives me nearly full coverage. Going to try it during the summer months now and see how it holds up.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am very hard to please with foundation. I have very fair, very dry skin with rosacea. Am using P20 which is a great match. Use primer. Long lasting, stays fresh looking, doesn’t settle into dry patches. Package is great for travel and it is cruelty free!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First let's discuss my skin type. I have combination, acne prone skin. I get oily in the t-zone and around my nose, and very dry around my chin, eyes, and outer forehead. I have acne on my chin, scarring, and redness on my cheeks.

Coverage -
This foundation is very buildable. I would say it starts as a medium coverage and can easy be built up to full coverage without looking cakey. The first layer does not always cover my active acne, but if I apply a second layer to those areas it's nearly invisible. I don't feel the need to use concealer with this foundation. You need very little product to cover the entire face. I use my beauty blender to apply this and it blends without any effort.

Lasting Power -
I find this product lasts through out most of the day. It sometimes fades away on my chin area, but I touch that area of my face quite often (bad habit). It doesn't break up in my oily areas and I do not feel the need to powder or reapply throughout the day. I work 8 hours a day and this will last through my entire work shift.

Variety, Packaging and Price -
Packaging is ideal. There is no pump, and you don't have to dump it out of a glass bottle. All you have to do is squeeze the plastic tube it comes in. Very easy to use, and you can tell when you are running out. They have a million different shades and undertones of this foundation. I imagine anyone could find their color in this product. I am very fair with yellow/neutral undertones. I use the color G20. This foundation is about $38 so it's not cheap but it is by far worth the price. I've tried using cheaper drugstore foundations and while some of them are great, they do not compare. Worth every penny.

Final Thoughts -
This is my holy grail foundation. I was recommended this product by the wonderful ladies at my Sephora. I suggest going there and asking for a sample before you buy it. I imagine this product would work well on all skin types. As I said, I apply this using a beauty blender and have great results. It's the perfect consistency, not to thick or thin. I have also used the Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this and while it did take a little longer, the results were still flawless. Since using this I have seen a few gurus, including Jaclyn Hill talk about this product I cannot recommend this enough.

on 11/15/2016 9:57:00 PM

I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS FOUNDATION I HAVE VERY DRY SKIN WITH THIS I PUT AN $150 SERUM AND A DAB OF VASELINE . ZERO WRINKLES. USE A 56 SEPHORA BRUSH AND DAB WITH A BEAUTY BLENDER AND SET WITH MAC STDIO FIX LOOK THE BEST I HAVE IN YEARS DO NOT JUST USE A BEAUTY BLENDER . IT WILL SOAK UP PRODUCT AND LEAVE PATCHY.

on 8/15/2016 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation for daytime only it leaves me looking younger fresher and feels moisturizing. I'm combo and acne prone (this didn't cause any breakouts) skin oily tzone, I need to blot after few hours but will deal with it because I love the finish so much, looks natural in daylight. If say this is medium coverage, for night time I prefer something fuller coverage.

on 4/6/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite everyday foundation. I have dry skin with some patchiness and a lot of redness (possibly eczema, undiagnosed right now), and this covers like a dream. I only use a small to moderate amount and my redness is gone. It's easy to sheer out with moisturizer and plays well with all the primers I've tried. Even without primer it can last 6-8 hours on me. The P20 is the closest match I've found to my skin tone and the formula never irritates me. Love this stuff!

on 2/7/2016 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I use this with the Cover FX Illuminating Primer and I love it! It seems this is a foundation you love or hate - no in-between! I've received many compliments on my skin since I started wearing this. It evens outs my complexion nicely and gives me medium coverage. I use a moisturizer with SPF under the primer.

on 12/31/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I genuinely do not understand the bad reviews this has. This is my new HG foundation. I have tried everything...Drugstore, Urban Decay, Sephora, Clinique, Too Faced, Mac, etc and I will not be buying a new foundation for a very long time. This does everything I could want foundation to do and looks flawless in doing so.

My skin... straight up normal, not oily or dry. I don't even find that I need concealer when I wear this. I still apply some under my eyes but not as much as I do with other foundations. I have shade G20, I typically wear Urban Decay 2.0 for reference.

This is full coverage without being cakey. I apply 2-3 layers of this stuff, set with a little powder and then use a finishing spray. You can leave this after 1 small layer and have a sheer to light coverage. I thought it was lying about that claim but you can truly go from light to full coverage with this product. Granted do I look like I'm wearing makeup? Absolutely, but in a you know her skin isn't that flawless kinda way. It still lets my freckles show through which I love but it covers if I'm getting a pimple one day. Granted, I don't have any real blemishes or scars so I can't speak for that.

It lasts throughout the day and does not oxidize!! It almost looks better at the end of the day.. I don't want to take it off! When taking your makeup off at night with this foundation you definitely have to work though. If there any is con, I'll say that is it. It doesn't clog my pores or break me out either.

Truly, 10/10. Try it.

EDIT- I've added two pictures, 1 of a close up around the mouth because foundation typically breaks up around here on me and shows lines and then 2, one of the side of my face.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got a sample of this product from Sephora and I LOVE IT. I am honestly surprised at the rating and comments of this product on MakeupAlley. Personally, I find that this foundation is versatile because I started trying this out as a concealer (using a brush or even my fingers to put it on blemishes and under my eyes) and it worked wonderfully. As a concealer, it covers my undereyes perfectly; it also provides a decent coverage for my blemishes. This foundation stays on my face for a long time and does not seem to "melt" off after hours. The longest that I've gone with this foundation was probably 5-6 hours so far, so I will continue to test this. It is fairly lightweight for a foundation of this formula/consistency.

Pros:
-Can be used as a concealer
-Great range of shades
-Good coverage
-Lasts for hours without making your face oily (but you have to powder)

Cons:
-Expensive

on 6/11/2015 8:39:00 AM

I really like this foundation. I have sun spots and uneven tone and it does a great job evening everything out. I feel you can also build up the coverage that you want and a little product goes a long way. This is a definite buy again. I also used Sephora's color match to find the right color for my skin. 😊