Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

2.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 12/31/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I genuinely do not understand the bad reviews this has. This is my new HG foundation. I have tried everything...Drugstore, Urban Decay, Sephora, Clinique, Too Faced, Mac, etc and I will not be buying a new foundation for a very long time. This does everything I could want foundation to do and looks flawless in doing so.

My skin... straight up normal, not oily or dry. I don't even find that I need concealer when I wear this. I still apply some under my eyes but not as much as I do with other foundations. I have shade G20, I typically wear Urban Decay 2.0 for reference.

This is full coverage without being cakey. I apply 2-3 layers of this stuff, set with a little powder and then use a finishing spray. You can leave this after 1 small layer and have a sheer to light coverage. I thought it was lying about that claim but you can truly go from light to full coverage with this product. Granted do I look like I'm wearing makeup? Absolutely, but in a you know her skin isn't that flawless kinda way. It still lets my freckles show through which I love but it covers if I'm getting a pimple one day. Granted, I don't have any real blemishes or scars so I can't speak for that.

It lasts throughout the day and does not oxidize!! It almost looks better at the end of the day.. I don't want to take it off! When taking your makeup off at night with this foundation you definitely have to work though. If there any is con, I'll say that is it. It doesn't clog my pores or break me out either.

Truly, 10/10. Try it.

EDIT- I've added two pictures, 1 of a close up around the mouth because foundation typically breaks up around here on me and shows lines and then 2, one of the side of my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First let's discuss my skin type. I have combination, acne prone skin. I get oily in the t-zone and around my nose, and very dry around my chin, eyes, and outer forehead. I have acne on my chin, scarring, and redness on my cheeks.

Coverage -
This foundation is very buildable. I would say it starts as a medium coverage and can easy be built up to full coverage without looking cakey. The first layer does not always cover my active acne, but if I apply a second layer to those areas it's nearly invisible. I don't feel the need to use concealer with this foundation. You need very little product to cover the entire face. I use my beauty blender to apply this and it blends without any effort.

Lasting Power -
I find this product lasts through out most of the day. It sometimes fades away on my chin area, but I touch that area of my face quite often (bad habit). It doesn't break up in my oily areas and I do not feel the need to powder or reapply throughout the day. I work 8 hours a day and this will last through my entire work shift.

Variety, Packaging and Price -
Packaging is ideal. There is no pump, and you don't have to dump it out of a glass bottle. All you have to do is squeeze the plastic tube it comes in. Very easy to use, and you can tell when you are running out. They have a million different shades and undertones of this foundation. I imagine anyone could find their color in this product. I am very fair with yellow/neutral undertones. I use the color G20. This foundation is about $38 so it's not cheap but it is by far worth the price. I've tried using cheaper drugstore foundations and while some of them are great, they do not compare. Worth every penny.

Final Thoughts -
This is my holy grail foundation. I was recommended this product by the wonderful ladies at my Sephora. I suggest going there and asking for a sample before you buy it. I imagine this product would work well on all skin types. As I said, I apply this using a beauty blender and have great results. It's the perfect consistency, not to thick or thin. I have also used the Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this and while it did take a little longer, the results were still flawless. Since using this I have seen a few gurus, including Jaclyn Hill talk about this product I cannot recommend this enough.

on 9/11/2016 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

Summary: Emollient foundation with flexible coverage made specifically for dry skin. When lightly set looks fantastic all day and smooths skin texture and discoloration. So hard to find a dry skin friendly foundation with coverage, this is it.

My skin: I have cool olive undertones and fluctuate between Nars stromboli and Nars Tahoe depth (nc30 - nd42). I'm reviewing the new shade G+50. Since the range change their color system there were no true options for those with olive green undertones. Everything was too satured. This is even more olive than Nars stromboli which looks a bit peachy in comparison. Same depth.

My skin texture is usually decent unless I'm having an eczema flare up, then it's quite flaky and sensitive. My skin is also dry (produces very little oil) except for on my nose. I'm a Canadian who deals with harsh dry winters most of the year. When I need a moisturizing foundation, I'm not kidding around.

Review:

This is a great highly emollient foundation. If you have oily skin RUN far away from this one. Cover fx explicitly states this is for normal to dry, and from a Canadian company you better believe it.

This is not a watery moisturizing foundation like healthy mix serum, it really is more of a cream and is purposfully designed to be blendable and sheer out or built until you set it so there's no need to hurry or blend in sections. You can take your time. The coverage is incredibly flexible. I can go sheer and almost to full with this. Anybody who wants to cover lots of redness/hyperpigmentation but wants a natural sheer finish on the rest of their face will love this.

You HAVE to set this. There is no other way it will look good all day. Even of its just a light dusting, you MUST or it will transfer and migrate and look like complete crap. I rarely set foundation. My skin is dry, and unless I'm smack dab in the middle of summer I just don't have to UNLESS I'm wearing this. Then it lasts all day, it really does, I've had it last through dripping humidity and a rosacea flare up. This is good stuff.

Use less than you think, set it lightly and enjoy the magic. A godsend for those of us with dry flaky skin. Just set it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

After reading the reviews I was skeptical about this foundation,,,but I noticed most of the reviews were by users with oily/combination skin. Cover FX recommends this for DRY skin...not oily. It does say oilfree but it is an emoilent satin finish foundation. It gives a wonderful non cakey full coverage finish. I use Paula's Choice Skin Recovery spf 30 moisturizer...no primer because I dislike the feel of primers and the spf moisturizer leaves my skin smooth and foundation ready.

I have rosacea and dry skin and this gives my a lovely smooth full coverage. I do not need to use any concealer at all, which is amazing for me...I have always had to use heavy concealer. Set with loose setting powder I get all day wear with only a slight touch up after 6 hours or so.

So if you have oily skin this is not for you but if you have dry skin that needs a bit of help give this a try.

on 6/3/2016 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is made out of vegetable oil. I am positive. This stuff is GREASY honey. I am so bummed because I love this line, the 'clean-ness' of it and how it's made for people with problem skin...But no. This was terrible on my combo skin. If you have really dry skin, then please get a sample of this. They stay power was there and the coverage is buildable... Just not for combo peeps.

on 5/28/2016 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

IF YOU HAVE OILY OR COMBO SKIN STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS FOUNDATION, the coverage is okay but it transfer badly, even with sitting powder on top and their is tooo much yellow on the colors. i really wanted to love it due to the fact that it doesn't have some bad chemicals in but really not my foundation. i have combo skin with dry patches on cheeks.

on 4/6/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite everyday foundation. I have dry skin with some patchiness and a lot of redness (possibly eczema, undiagnosed right now), and this covers like a dream. I only use a small to moderate amount and my redness is gone. It's easy to sheer out with moisturizer and plays well with all the primers I've tried. Even without primer it can last 6-8 hours on me. The P20 is the closest match I've found to my skin tone and the formula never irritates me. Love this stuff!

The only pro of this foundation is that the coverage is decent--it hides a lot of acne scarring with no need for concealer. Otherwise, this is a disaster. Transfers onto everything, even with primer, setting powder, and setting spray! Settles into every invisible fine line and crease despite buffing and sponging. I've even gone over problem areas with a cotton swab to remove foundation, only to go back later and find more settled in the crease! The formula is thick, clammy, and difficult to blend or apply lightly. Mixing with moisturizer only makes the transfer and settling problems worse. This is not for anyone with even a hint of a wrinkle.

on 8/15/2016 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation for daytime only it leaves me looking younger fresher and feels moisturizing. I'm combo and acne prone (this didn't cause any breakouts) skin oily tzone, I need to blot after few hours but will deal with it because I love the finish so much, looks natural in daylight. If say this is medium coverage, for night time I prefer something fuller coverage.

on 7/22/2016 10:08:00 PM

This product is great for sensitive and dry skin. It will not break you out or cause any irritation. The only issue is the foundation is so hydrating and dewy that it doesn't set. So if you touch your face you are screwed. It does last all day.