Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This has got to be one of the most annoying foundation I have used to date. When I saw that this foundation was oil-free, I took it to mean that it was suitable for oily skin. Not by a long shot. For one, it will slip and slide all over your face like it is doing the electric slide. The primer I used initially with this foundation was the Cover FX Calming primer since I have sensitive, acne-prone skin that is also oily to boot. The primer is actually soothing and didn't contribute to any new breakout. But this foundation refuses to "sit still" for anything. I tried the Wayne Goss method in applying foundation for oily skin and that was a bust. What remotely worked for me was using NYX Angel Veil and then using Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder. It didn't slide as much, but it still didn't hold up like I wanted to. And I really like the shades that it offered and so far didn't break me out. It is hard to find a foundation that matches my neutral dark complexion and doesn't break me out. The shade I can wear is N100 and N110. Like the majority of foundations on the market, it oxidized on me hence I can get away with wearing the N100 or even N90 if I am feeling ballsy. The only foundation that doesn't slip and slide all over the place is Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and my shade is 6N2 if anyone cares. But I have to make sure I wear a primer with ELDW and at least double clean. Hence, I only wear it for special occasions. The search continues.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am very hard to please with foundation. I have very fair, very dry skin with rosacea. Am using P20 which is a great match. Use primer. Long lasting, stays fresh looking, doesn’t settle into dry patches. Package is great for travel and it is cruelty free!

on 7/24/2017 3:37:00 PM

I really want to like this foundation because it gives beautiful coverages/finish...but there is a huge problem is that it never dries down even after applying my usual powder to set......when i lightly touch my face......it transfers like crazzy.....i duno if it's because it was sample so it's been touched and stuffs....i have also find some irritations on my face after using for few days.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this once about 2 years ago because I was looking for a natural-looking foundation. I have oily but dehydrated/sensitive skin and a very flaky nose. Though it did look very natural and the color was a great match, something just didn't look right. I went on to Estee Lauder Double Wear for a while but ultimately, that was just too much coverage for me. Tried this again about 3 months ago and now I have finally figured out what I didn't like about this foundation. It literally doesn't sit right on my skin. No matter how much I blend, it just seems to sit on top of my skin. No primer, sunscreen or bare-face makes a difference. It just doesn't blend well at all.

Now I know and I won't be buying this again.

The only pro of this foundation is that the coverage is decent--it hides a lot of acne scarring with no need for concealer. Otherwise, this is a disaster. Transfers onto everything, even with primer, setting powder, and setting spray! Settles into every invisible fine line and crease despite buffing and sponging. I've even gone over problem areas with a cotton swab to remove foundation, only to go back later and find more settled in the crease! The formula is thick, clammy, and difficult to blend or apply lightly. Mixing with moisturizer only makes the transfer and settling problems worse. This is not for anyone with even a hint of a wrinkle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First let's discuss my skin type. I have combination, acne prone skin. I get oily in the t-zone and around my nose, and very dry around my chin, eyes, and outer forehead. I have acne on my chin, scarring, and redness on my cheeks.

Coverage -
This foundation is very buildable. I would say it starts as a medium coverage and can easy be built up to full coverage without looking cakey. The first layer does not always cover my active acne, but if I apply a second layer to those areas it's nearly invisible. I don't feel the need to use concealer with this foundation. You need very little product to cover the entire face. I use my beauty blender to apply this and it blends without any effort.

Lasting Power -
I find this product lasts through out most of the day. It sometimes fades away on my chin area, but I touch that area of my face quite often (bad habit). It doesn't break up in my oily areas and I do not feel the need to powder or reapply throughout the day. I work 8 hours a day and this will last through my entire work shift.

Variety, Packaging and Price -
Packaging is ideal. There is no pump, and you don't have to dump it out of a glass bottle. All you have to do is squeeze the plastic tube it comes in. Very easy to use, and you can tell when you are running out. They have a million different shades and undertones of this foundation. I imagine anyone could find their color in this product. I am very fair with yellow/neutral undertones. I use the color G20. This foundation is about $38 so it's not cheap but it is by far worth the price. I've tried using cheaper drugstore foundations and while some of them are great, they do not compare. Worth every penny.

Final Thoughts -
This is my holy grail foundation. I was recommended this product by the wonderful ladies at my Sephora. I suggest going there and asking for a sample before you buy it. I imagine this product would work well on all skin types. As I said, I apply this using a beauty blender and have great results. It's the perfect consistency, not to thick or thin. I have also used the Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this and while it did take a little longer, the results were still flawless. Since using this I have seen a few gurus, including Jaclyn Hill talk about this product I cannot recommend this enough.

on 8/15/2016 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation for daytime only it leaves me looking younger fresher and feels moisturizing. I'm combo and acne prone (this didn't cause any breakouts) skin oily tzone, I need to blot after few hours but will deal with it because I love the finish so much, looks natural in daylight. If say this is medium coverage, for night time I prefer something fuller coverage.

on 9/11/2016 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

Summary: Emollient foundation with flexible coverage made specifically for dry skin. When lightly set looks fantastic all day and smooths skin texture and discoloration. So hard to find a dry skin friendly foundation with coverage, this is it.

My skin: I have cool olive undertones and fluctuate between Nars stromboli and Nars Tahoe depth (nc30 - nd42). I'm reviewing the new shade G+50. Since the range change their color system there were no true options for those with olive green undertones. Everything was too satured. This is even more olive than Nars stromboli which looks a bit peachy in comparison. Same depth.

My skin texture is usually decent unless I'm having an eczema flare up, then it's quite flaky and sensitive. My skin is also dry (produces very little oil) except for on my nose. I'm a Canadian who deals with harsh dry winters most of the year. When I need a moisturizing foundation, I'm not kidding around.

Review:

This is a great highly emollient foundation. If you have oily skin RUN far away from this one. Cover fx explicitly states this is for normal to dry, and from a Canadian company you better believe it.

This is not a watery moisturizing foundation like healthy mix serum, it really is more of a cream and is purposfully designed to be blendable and sheer out or built until you set it so there's no need to hurry or blend in sections. You can take your time. The coverage is incredibly flexible. I can go sheer and almost to full with this. Anybody who wants to cover lots of redness/hyperpigmentation but wants a natural sheer finish on the rest of their face will love this.

You HAVE to set this. There is no other way it will look good all day. Even of its just a light dusting, you MUST or it will transfer and migrate and look like complete crap. I rarely set foundation. My skin is dry, and unless I'm smack dab in the middle of summer I just don't have to UNLESS I'm wearing this. Then it lasts all day, it really does, I've had it last through dripping humidity and a rosacea flare up. This is good stuff.

Use less than you think, set it lightly and enjoy the magic. A godsend for those of us with dry flaky skin. Just set it!

on 11/15/2016 9:57:00 PM

I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS FOUNDATION I HAVE VERY DRY SKIN WITH THIS I PUT AN $150 SERUM AND A DAB OF VASELINE . ZERO WRINKLES. USE A 56 SEPHORA BRUSH AND DAB WITH A BEAUTY BLENDER AND SET WITH MAC STDIO FIX LOOK THE BEST I HAVE IN YEARS DO NOT JUST USE A BEAUTY BLENDER . IT WILL SOAK UP PRODUCT AND LEAVE PATCHY.

on 12/24/2016 2:11:00 AM

UPDATE: a no- go for me. I've had this for almost a year and have used 2/3 of the tube( enough to write a review right?). It has a very lovely natural finish, one of the rare foundations that dont sink into my large pores and acne scars. BUT, it makes me look oil after 6 hour, transfers, comes off in patches ( I dont have oily skin). Now I remember why I put it away for the past few months, first day after using it again, I got a pimple, after second day, I got multiple whiteheads. I put it away again.