Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

2.8

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This has got to be one of the most annoying foundation I have used to date. When I saw that this foundation was oil-free, I took it to mean that it was suitable for oily skin. Not by a long shot. For one, it will slip and slide all over your face like it is doing the electric slide. The primer I used initially with this foundation was the Cover FX Calming primer since I have sensitive, acne-prone skin that is also oily to boot. The primer is actually soothing and didn't contribute to any new breakout. But this foundation refuses to "sit still" for anything. I tried the Wayne Goss method in applying foundation for oily skin and that was a bust. What remotely worked for me was using NYX Angel Veil and then using Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder. It didn't slide as much, but it still didn't hold up like I wanted to. And I really like the shades that it offered and so far didn't break me out. It is hard to find a foundation that matches my neutral dark complexion and doesn't break me out. The shade I can wear is N100 and N110. Like the majority of foundations on the market, it oxidized on me hence I can get away with wearing the N100 or even N90 if I am feeling ballsy. The only foundation that doesn't slip and slide all over the place is Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and my shade is 6N2 if anyone cares. But I have to make sure I wear a primer with ELDW and at least double clean. Hence, I only wear it for special occasions. The search continues.

The only pro of this foundation is that the coverage is decent--it hides a lot of acne scarring with no need for concealer. Otherwise, this is a disaster. Transfers onto everything, even with primer, setting powder, and setting spray! Settles into every invisible fine line and crease despite buffing and sponging. I've even gone over problem areas with a cotton swab to remove foundation, only to go back later and find more settled in the crease! The formula is thick, clammy, and difficult to blend or apply lightly. Mixing with moisturizer only makes the transfer and settling problems worse. This is not for anyone with even a hint of a wrinkle.

on 11/15/2016 9:57:00 PM

I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS FOUNDATION I HAVE VERY DRY SKIN WITH THIS I PUT AN $150 SERUM AND A DAB OF VASELINE . ZERO WRINKLES. USE A 56 SEPHORA BRUSH AND DAB WITH A BEAUTY BLENDER AND SET WITH MAC STDIO FIX LOOK THE BEST I HAVE IN YEARS DO NOT JUST USE A BEAUTY BLENDER . IT WILL SOAK UP PRODUCT AND LEAVE PATCHY.

on 8/15/2016 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation for daytime only it leaves me looking younger fresher and feels moisturizing. I'm combo and acne prone (this didn't cause any breakouts) skin oily tzone, I need to blot after few hours but will deal with it because I love the finish so much, looks natural in daylight. If say this is medium coverage, for night time I prefer something fuller coverage.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love trying new foundations, saw few reviews on this foundation and had high hopes. I like the color selection and color match. I tried two colors G30 and N30 which matches me better.I like the packaging, blends well, medium to full coverage and decently priced. I followed my usual routine, moisturize, mattifying primer on the t-zone, smoothing primer all over, foundation, setting powder and finish with the setting spray. After two hours, my face turned into oily mess. Since I'm pretty good about using mattifying foundations for my oily skin, I haven't seen my face this oily in a longtime, especially after such short period of time after application. Blotting seem to help but noticed it accentuated the dry patches. It wasn't long lasting, probably lasted less than 8 hours and wore off around my nose, chin and cheeks. I'll try to mix in cover fx custom drops and see if it makes any difference.

on 6/11/2015 8:39:00 AM

I really like this foundation. I have sun spots and uneven tone and it does a great job evening everything out. I feel you can also build up the coverage that you want and a little product goes a long way. This is a definite buy again. I also used Sephora's color match to find the right color for my skin. 😊

I wanted something dewy and lightweight for the summer and got matched to G70. For reference I am about NC43/ Bobbi Brown Golden. When you put in on, color seemed a great match and it has a nice dewy finish. You don't even need highlighter. It catches light perfectly. BUT the pores! I am a person who barely has any pores and dry skin. This thing accentuated my almost non existent pores and looked horrible after about half hour. And the feel! Hated it. It felt like glue on my face. It never completely dried down and I could feel it sitting on my skin the whole day. And I am a person who is very ok, with something moderately heavy on my face as I use oils on my face, under my moisturizer. Have to say I have never hated a foundation this much.

on 4/1/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I was in Sephora last weekend and was just browsing. I wasn't looking for anything in particular. I noticed the new Cover FX I've wanted to try this for awhile. My Color IQ match in the foundation was WAY too dark. But a very nice and helpful SA color matched me to N20. I thought this would be way too light. But it was absolutely perfect. I couldn't believe it. It's literally the best color match I've EVER had with a liquid foundation. I was also amazed at the covered. It covers the redness and smooths out the bumps on my face. It looks and feels like you aren't wearing anything at all. At $40, the price is so so. A little bit of this foundation goes a long way. My small sample tub lasted me 5 days. Usually, I'm lucky if I can get two days worth out if it. I did purchase a full-sized bottle, but I think I'm going to return.

There is one major drawback to this foundation. The staying power. Even with my trusty Becca primer, it STILL doesn't stay on my face very long. It starts disappearing after less than 3 hours. It also never really dries on my skin. It feels almost greasy, and transfers something awful. I love that this is all natural, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. By the 8 hour mark, there are huge patches of redness showing through on my cheeks and nose. I would not recommend this foundation to someone with oily or combination/oil (which is what I am) I was so disappointed by this because I love everything else about this foundation. But I'm not going to spend $40 on a foundation when I get more staying power with a drugstore foundation.

Nice from far, awful up close. Not good for all day wear, it starts to break down after a couple hours and gets oily in the Tzone. I don't have oily skin. It makes pores appear larger. It is not full coverage enough for dark marks like melasma. If you build it up it is obvious and looks terrible in the daylight... It just looks awful in the daylight regardless. Indoors not so bad. It cakes up in any creases like expression lines in the forehead and by the mouth. Don't use this if you wear glasses, it globs up on the bridge of the nose where your glasses rest. It makes my skin look tired and old. There is no way i would consider adding powder to my face after a few hours as it starts to look splotchy. After 7 hrs my skin felt pasty. Putting it on was a bit thicker than lotion. Definitely use a kabuki brush. I am going back for a refund. I don't care if it's fancy packaging. I only care that a product works as it says it does.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am a nc30 and the g40 is a great match. As soon As i put the foundation on, my pores looked really large. My complexion looked horrible. This is the worst foundation I ever tried!!! It is so sad.