Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

2.7

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 9/11/2016 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

Summary: Emollient foundation with flexible coverage made specifically for dry skin. When lightly set looks fantastic all day and smooths skin texture and discoloration. So hard to find a dry skin friendly foundation with coverage, this is it.

My skin: I have cool olive undertones and fluctuate between Nars stromboli and Nars Tahoe depth (nc30 - nd42). I'm reviewing the new shade G+50. Since the range change their color system there were no true options for those with olive green undertones. Everything was too satured. This is even more olive than Nars stromboli which looks a bit peachy in comparison. Same depth.

My skin texture is usually decent unless I'm having an eczema flare up, then it's quite flaky and sensitive. My skin is also dry (produces very little oil) except for on my nose. I'm a Canadian who deals with harsh dry winters most of the year. When I need a moisturizing foundation, I'm not kidding around.

Review:

This is a great highly emollient foundation. If you have oily skin RUN far away from this one. Cover fx explicitly states this is for normal to dry, and from a Canadian company you better believe it.

This is not a watery moisturizing foundation like healthy mix serum, it really is more of a cream and is purposfully designed to be blendable and sheer out or built until you set it so there's no need to hurry or blend in sections. You can take your time. The coverage is incredibly flexible. I can go sheer and almost to full with this. Anybody who wants to cover lots of redness/hyperpigmentation but wants a natural sheer finish on the rest of their face will love this.

You HAVE to set this. There is no other way it will look good all day. Even of its just a light dusting, you MUST or it will transfer and migrate and look like complete crap. I rarely set foundation. My skin is dry, and unless I'm smack dab in the middle of summer I just don't have to UNLESS I'm wearing this. Then it lasts all day, it really does, I've had it last through dripping humidity and a rosacea flare up. This is good stuff.

Use less than you think, set it lightly and enjoy the magic. A godsend for those of us with dry flaky skin. Just set it!

on 7/22/2016 10:08:00 PM

This product is great for sensitive and dry skin. It will not break you out or cause any irritation. The only issue is the foundation is so hydrating and dewy that it doesn't set. So if you touch your face you are screwed. It does last all day.

on 6/3/2016 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is made out of vegetable oil. I am positive. This stuff is GREASY honey. I am so bummed because I love this line, the 'clean-ness' of it and how it's made for people with problem skin...But no. This was terrible on my combo skin. If you have really dry skin, then please get a sample of this. They stay power was there and the coverage is buildable... Just not for combo peeps.

on 12/31/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I genuinely do not understand the bad reviews this has. This is my new HG foundation. I have tried everything...Drugstore, Urban Decay, Sephora, Clinique, Too Faced, Mac, etc and I will not be buying a new foundation for a very long time. This does everything I could want foundation to do and looks flawless in doing so.

My skin... straight up normal, not oily or dry. I don't even find that I need concealer when I wear this. I still apply some under my eyes but not as much as I do with other foundations. I have shade G20, I typically wear Urban Decay 2.0 for reference.

This is full coverage without being cakey. I apply 2-3 layers of this stuff, set with a little powder and then use a finishing spray. You can leave this after 1 small layer and have a sheer to light coverage. I thought it was lying about that claim but you can truly go from light to full coverage with this product. Granted do I look like I'm wearing makeup? Absolutely, but in a you know her skin isn't that flawless kinda way. It still lets my freckles show through which I love but it covers if I'm getting a pimple one day. Granted, I don't have any real blemishes or scars so I can't speak for that.

It lasts throughout the day and does not oxidize!! It almost looks better at the end of the day.. I don't want to take it off! When taking your makeup off at night with this foundation you definitely have to work though. If there any is con, I'll say that is it. It doesn't clog my pores or break me out either.

Truly, 10/10. Try it.

EDIT- I've added two pictures, 1 of a close up around the mouth because foundation typically breaks up around here on me and shows lines and then 2, one of the side of my face.

I have very sensitive combination skin. I bought this foundation in hopes of it giving long lasting coverage that looks good and natural without breaking me out. It did the opposite. I could feel it heavy on my face all day and it never set for long. I would use primer, setting spray, setting powder, no-transfer spray, and it would only look set and matte and not oily for an hour.by hr 3-4 it would start fading away. Transfers very easily. Not to mention it broke me out something serious, I had never in my life broke out on my forehead and it did this. It would sting when I applied it and it made my skin peel. Maybe it was my skins reaction to an ingredient idk. I just purchased Clinique even better for $27 and it lasted me all day! It doesn't feel heavy on my face at all and stayed matte all day when I used setting powder. Cover fx is not worth the price and NOT for sensitive acne prone skin. My pores felt suffocated.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

After having a bad reaction to another foundation, I was left at a crossroads where I was afraid to wear makeup but really needed coverage. This foundation has pretty much saved my self-esteem and made it possible for me to regain some normalcy after looking straight up awful from the reaction.

I had tried a sample of this and was happy with the coverage I got, but it did initially feel heavy on the skin when I applied it with my fingers or used a sponge. I have found this foundation works much better and feels nicer on the skin applied with a flat top synthetic brush. The coverage is excellent and can cover just about everything and right now I've needed really heavy coverage. More importantly, despite having really sensitive and healing skin, it has not broken me out at all. The coverage lasts a lot longer when set with a powder and miraculously holds up even during the super humid and often makeup destroying summers we have here in Atlanta.

I also appreciate that this comes in a wide variety of colors and undertones, when foundations jilt people who aren't "beige" I get pretty annoyed. The packaging is just a simple grey tube with a small window on the bottom, so it's hygienic but nothing fancy.

The only downside is the price, but it is priced on par with other mid to high end brands (Makeup Forever, Kat von D)and offers the same amount of product those do. I also like that this brand is very committed to making vegan cosmetics.

I think formula wise this foundation would work for most people - I'd especially recommend this foundation for anyone who is dealing with a major skin crisis and needs coverage without it causing further problems or just really sensitive skin. Since mine is so prone to reactions, this is what I'll be sticking with for now while my face continues to heal.

on 3/26/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried a sample at SDM then bought the tube. It felt ok at first, but was so irritating/drying after a few hours, I couldn't wait to wash it off. I returned this the same day. It also turned orange.

on 3/8/2014 1:05:00 PM

I have sampled this a couple of times as well as even tried buying it (only to return it). I really wanted to like it because it is a good company, has good coverage, and is good for the skin. However, I really couldn't like it. I tried it once over the summer, which in WI is quite humid, and thought I just looked greasy, so I returned it. This winter, though, has been so dry that I thought I would try again. The experience was a little better, but not good enough. The foundation goes on like a dream - a little goes a long way, but you need to set with a powder to keep it from transferring. Anything it touches it transfers onto! This is probably related to the way it feels on the skin: a little tacky. It almost feels wet, which is partially why it seems so hydrating, but it is a very different feeling from most long-wear foundations like Estee Lauder or MAC. But, within a couple hours I felt like the foundation oxidized on me and made my forehead look very oily. I have generally dry skin, so to look oily is a strange reaction to a foundation. I also have fair skin with neutral tones, so looking orange-ish also didn't suit me. I think this may work for some, but sadly, for me, it did not.

Pros:
Good company
Good ingredients for the skin
Potentially long-wearing and humidity proof

Cons:
Seems to oxidize
Transfers
Expensive
Can make you look oily

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

At first this foundation was amazing! It made my skin look flawless and it didn't feel like I was wearing makeup at all. I was using this foundation consistently for 2-3 months. It does seem to emphasize dry skin, or any flaky bits, so I would suggest exfoliating before use.

However, I don't wear foundation everyday (especially in the summer) and keep it stored away from light to extend the life of the product. I opened it a few months later and globs of oil came out and the foundation smelled putrid! I don't know if the product was old at Sephora when I originally bought it, there was no expiration date, but I returned it. It's sad because I loved how it looked but at a $40 price tag, I can't justify a product going bad at 7 months. I switched to Nars sheer glow, so far so good!

This makeup made my face look awful. It made it look really oily and separated on my face. Looks super cakey and by the end of the day all I wanted to do was run home and wash my face. It made my face break out like crazy. It does match my golden skin tone perfectly which is hard to match, but that's the only good thing. Was not worth the money at all. I recently switched to Estée Lauder double wear foundation and my skin is clearing up. It matches my golden tone perfectly too. And it stays so Matte all day and looks perfect. I love it so much more. I still use the pressed mineral powder by cover fx. It is alright. Again I like the colour as it matches my skin.