Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.1

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First let's discuss my skin type. I have combination, acne prone skin. I get oily in the t-zone and around my nose, and very dry around my chin, eyes, and outer forehead. I have acne on my chin, scarring, and redness on my cheeks.

Coverage -
This foundation is very buildable. I would say it starts as a medium coverage and can easy be built up to full coverage without looking cakey. The first layer does not always cover my active acne, but if I apply a second layer to those areas it's nearly invisible. I don't feel the need to use concealer with this foundation. You need very little product to cover the entire face. I use my beauty blender to apply this and it blends without any effort.

Lasting Power -
I find this product lasts through out most of the day. It sometimes fades away on my chin area, but I touch that area of my face quite often (bad habit). It doesn't break up in my oily areas and I do not feel the need to powder or reapply throughout the day. I work 8 hours a day and this will last through my entire work shift.

Variety, Packaging and Price -
Packaging is ideal. There is no pump, and you don't have to dump it out of a glass bottle. All you have to do is squeeze the plastic tube it comes in. Very easy to use, and you can tell when you are running out. They have a million different shades and undertones of this foundation. I imagine anyone could find their color in this product. I am very fair with yellow/neutral undertones. I use the color G20. This foundation is about $38 so it's not cheap but it is by far worth the price. I've tried using cheaper drugstore foundations and while some of them are great, they do not compare. Worth every penny.

Final Thoughts -
This is my holy grail foundation. I was recommended this product by the wonderful ladies at my Sephora. I suggest going there and asking for a sample before you buy it. I imagine this product would work well on all skin types. As I said, I apply this using a beauty blender and have great results. It's the perfect consistency, not to thick or thin. I have also used the Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this and while it did take a little longer, the results were still flawless. Since using this I have seen a few gurus, including Jaclyn Hill talk about this product I cannot recommend this enough.

on 6/26/2016 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the worst foundation I have ever used.

I've tried dozens of foundations in the past few years. I have normal to dry skin, but don't have dry patches, flakiness, or large pores. I never have issues with oiliness or foundation breaking up, so I very rarely use primer or powder. Honestly, my skin plays well with 99% of foundations, and the only thing I ever have to be concerned about is coverage for acne scars; texture, finish, lasting power, etc. are not factors I have to think about when buying foundations.

So you can imagine my surprise when I wore this for the first time. Using a beauty blender, it went on fine, had medium coverage that could be built up, and the one thing I could rave about for this foundation is the shade range. I got the shade N0, and it is one of the lightest foundations I've found. It was a perfect match for me, and I was so pleased that I didn't have to use a white mixer. As usual, I didn't use primer or powder.

When I got home from classes, it hadn't even been four hours and I was horrified to see that my face was literally the shiniest it had ever been in my life. It looked like I had dipped my face in oil. There wasn't a trace of foundation left on my skin, so all coverage had disappeared and my acne scars and redness were completely visible.

The next day, I applied it with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush as opposed to a sponge, wondering if it would help. The brush made it go on streaky and it took a while to get it to look okay. I also set it with powder. Nonetheless, the same thing happened that day; I came home to a horrendously greasy and obviously blemished face.

I'm really sad about this, because the shade was perfect. But overall, I would not recommend. I really can't imagine for whom this foundation would work. Maybe for those with extremely dry skin? I don't know. But this was a huge disappointment.

on 5/28/2016 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

IF YOU HAVE OILY OR COMBO SKIN STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS FOUNDATION, the coverage is okay but it transfer badly, even with sitting powder on top and their is tooo much yellow on the colors. i really wanted to love it due to the fact that it doesn't have some bad chemicals in but really not my foundation. i have combo skin with dry patches on cheeks.

on 4/6/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite everyday foundation. I have dry skin with some patchiness and a lot of redness (possibly eczema, undiagnosed right now), and this covers like a dream. I only use a small to moderate amount and my redness is gone. It's easy to sheer out with moisturizer and plays well with all the primers I've tried. Even without primer it can last 6-8 hours on me. The P20 is the closest match I've found to my skin tone and the formula never irritates me. Love this stuff!

I got a sample of this from Sephora in the shade N10. At first I liked it. This provides a medium coverage and a matte finish on my dry skin. For the first couple hours it looks good and lasts well. However, after about 8 hours it started to seperate around my mouth. This very rarely happens to me. It also sunk into my smile lines and clung to my dry patches but I am used to this. I think this product may be breaking me out, but i'm not sure.

on 1/31/2016 9:42:00 PM

I would give this foundation zero lippies if I could.. At first, I thought this foundation would be very promising. I applied it and initially loved the finish.. It's a dewy finish, very radiant. I thought I may have found my new HG foundation. But after a few hours of wear, I noticed it started to accentuate my pores and the fine lines near my eyes. I wasn't too worried, nothing a quick touch up couldn't fix.. But within another hour or two, the foundation started to separate and slide off my face. I do not normally have oily skin but I seriously looked like a slicked up grease ball. It should be noted I used a primer, set my face with a setting powder and also setting spray. Highly disappointed and I will not be repurchasing.

on 10/21/2015 9:26:00 AM

Love the packaging, but the love stops there. I expected this to be full coverage, it's not. (I consider Esste Lauder Double Wear to be full coverage, and holy grail.) I also expected a natural finish foundation to be okay for dry skin. It definitely grabbed at dry patches. I tried putting a drop of beauty oil in, but it didn't seem to help. I've tried with a brush and a beauty blender, I just can't make it work for my dry skin.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got a sample of this product from Sephora and I LOVE IT. I am honestly surprised at the rating and comments of this product on MakeupAlley. Personally, I find that this foundation is versatile because I started trying this out as a concealer (using a brush or even my fingers to put it on blemishes and under my eyes) and it worked wonderfully. As a concealer, it covers my undereyes perfectly; it also provides a decent coverage for my blemishes. This foundation stays on my face for a long time and does not seem to "melt" off after hours. The longest that I've gone with this foundation was probably 5-6 hours so far, so I will continue to test this. It is fairly lightweight for a foundation of this formula/consistency.

Pros:
-Can be used as a concealer
-Great range of shades
-Good coverage
-Lasts for hours without making your face oily (but you have to powder)

Cons:
-Expensive

Great product. Blends really well. This was recommended to me by the cosmetician for my sensitive, oily skin (as well as for covering up acne) - which is nice that there's a foundation that covers all these bases (pun not intended). I don't have to use much product to get the desired result, so it lasts a long time before having to re-purchase.

Speaking of re-purchasing, I noticed they've upped the price (but that might depend on the store). I don't know if I would be willing to pay an even higher amount than when I first got this. That would depend on how effective other foundations are compared to this one.

I am really surprised by the mixed to poor reviews this product has. I bought it for the first time at Sephora last week and I have to say that I am absolutely in love. I have combination skin with an especially oily t-zone, but I don't have any issues with it rubbing off throughout the day like I almost always do with other products. It is a little heavy and a tad difficult to blend, but with a brush and some TLC my skin always looks even, clear and radiant. I was skeptical at first, especially after I had to throw down $40 for it which is kind of pricey, but I have to say that I am completely happy with the purchase and would definitely buy again.

I noticed some people mentioned it broke them out. I haven't had any issues whatsoever with break outs, but if I do I will come back and edit the review.