OPI Suzi's Hungary Again!

OPI Suzi's Hungary Again!

3.9

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Suzi's Hungary Again is from the spring 2013 Euro Centrale collection, and I believe it is now part of the core collection. It is a medium pinky coral shade and in the bottle you can see a delicate shimmer, which is sadly invisible on the nail.

I had a mini bottle of this that I loved, so when someone borrowed it and didn't return it I bought a full-size one.
As much as I loved the colour, the formula has changed and is now a different story; I can't recommend this polish, unless you find it on clearance, and are prepared to work with it. The formula is thick, chalky, and prone to streaks. If you are careful with application and top it off with a good topcoat, then it is passable, though I dislike the thick feeling. At the end of the day it boils down to the fact that a "meh, I guess it's okay" formula isn't really acceptable for the price of OPI polishes - when buying a polish with a double figure RRP, I don't see why I should then be needing to buy a thinner to be able to use the polish.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I do really like this color. It's a very bright, summery coral-pink, and it dries quickly.

However, the formula is streaky and needs 3 thick coats to provide a uniform color. Even with 3 coats, I can see some unevenness in the color on close inspection. IMO not acceptable for such a strong color.

My brush also came detached from the cap and needed to be glued back on.

I'll finish the bottle, but I recommend finding a cheaper dupe.

on 6/28/2015 12:39:00 PM

I like the colour, it's coral pink. Great for summer.

Overall it's very good, but it needs 3 coats if your nail surface is not smooth (i.e.ridges). Also I put it on my toes for vocation and the colour has faded quite considerably due to heat.

on 4/8/2015 3:31:00 AM

I do love the colour pay off. I don't find the formula to be streaky or sheer. Although I do not recommend purchasing the OPI brand of this colour unless you truly love the brand. I found a dupe of this EXACT colour by NYC #142 "Preppy Pink" Long Lasting line. If your looking for a beautiful coral, but don't want to spend $9 a bottle check out your local Walmart!

on 7/2/2014 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

When I first purchased this polish last year, I wasn't too excited about it because when I applied it, it reminded me of the Cutex pinky-coral polishes I wore when I was (much!) younger. I pulled it out today because I needed a change for a pedi color. I really like it!!! It's a warm, medium pink with shimmer. It applied like a dream--smooth and even, and was opaque in two coats. The color is brighter than I remember and very summery. Going to try it for a mani next time!

on 8/21/2013 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The fact that I'm Hungarian is not the only reason I had to have this polish. I love bright coral colours for summer, and generally I really like OPI. I'm slightly disappointed in the formula of this polish - it's too streaky for anything less than three coats. However, the colour is very pretty and it wears well. I have a mini, but I'm considering buying a full size (mostly for the name :)

on 8/18/2013 10:37:00 PM

Like but do not think I love this color. Pretty bright pinkish coral color with a bit if shimmer. Was a bit streaky too me and maybe a hair too bright but it is pretty. Prefer Essie Guilty Pleasure which is very much alike but a bit more soft and applies way better IMO. Since I have and love the Essie version I will not buy this again. Love the name though! Update: 3-16-14 after wearing this again I do luv it and yup will buy again! Great on toes but have it on my nails now. Looks better after it dries and the color sets!

on 8/4/2013 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

nice color, nothing too special
needs 2-3 layers to look ok ( you can get away with 2 sometimes)
dries ok
so far hasn t bubblied
good formula

on 7/22/2013 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this shade of pink!!! It's perfect!! Absolutely beautiful and it goes on nicely too!!!

on 6/16/2013 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A really nice barbie pink. Has decent staying power and looks great for summer. Will get lots of wear out of this polish. A very nice addition to my polish collection.

Popular Polishes