Pantene Ultimate 10 BB Creme

Pantene Ultimate 10 BB Creme

Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Stearyl Alcohol, Quaternium-18, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, PEG-2M, Panthenol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Oleyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glyceryl Stearate, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 60, EDTA, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 5.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I regularly use this product to smooth down my fly aways, and it seems to have worked pretty well. It's not too heavy to use close to my roots and has a pleasant smell that lasts. I used to use it as a leave in for my wet hair as well and that worked too. It's inexpensive and easy to find, it's nice to have on my vanity for various styling and quick fixes. I would definitely recommend picking it up to have around, I find myself reaching for it a few times a week, and I don't use a lot of hair products regularly.

I was looking for a product that would smooth fly aways, give volume, shine, and give my hair that little "oomph" that really gives us a good hair day and this product delivers! Worked it through hair after shampoo and conditioner and first thing I noticed is that it detangles long hair very nicely. The scent is nice and not overpowering which I really like since I am reactive to perfume and strong fragrances. When I blow dry my hair, I lean over and run fingers through hair to help with volume and waves and then finish with round brush for ends and around my face. Normally, my hair goes flat but with this BB creme the volume remained, yay! My hair felt very soft and it brought out my waves. Nice, light shine. I am very, very, pleased with this product and will re-purchase. On non-shampoo days I use a little bit on dampened hair and either let it air dry or blow dry slightly. Very reasonably priced. Am so glad I decided to try it and would recommend it.

To Read all 61 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/29/2016 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

WINTER REVIEW. My hair: Mid-back, thin, fine, dry, wavy-curly hair. Pros: I feel like it does all it says it states to do. My hair does become soft, smooth, shiny and hydrated. On top of that it is easier to manage + tames my fly aways. Since it's still a bit colder, my hair needs extra attention. I apply this after coconut oil when I'm finished with my shower and even just before I leave my house. I've noticed a difference when I ran out of this and stopped using it for a couple of weeks. My hair didn't feel as soft, or look as shiny anymore. I didn't try it as a heat protectant though. But I'll do an updated review once I do. Cons: The pump started to get a bit faulty and began to get stuck, but it was worth it for the price and the amount it has. I got it in April and only just finished the bottle in January (keep in mind I probably used it 5/7 days). So happy with this product! :)

on 10/18/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Before buying this product, I actually read reviews on it and most of them were positive so I decided to give this a try myself (also, Zoey Deschanel, I just LOVE her, was endorsing it and it just made her hair look so smooth and super cute in the commercial!).

First of all, the packaging is really cute (I'm a total sucker for things that look cute and kinda cylindrical and short). It comes in the form of a pump bottle, pretty hygienic. When you pump out the product, it is an opaque white colour, just like many of their shampoos and has that signature Pantene smell, which I think smells quite fragrant.

This product is a 10-in-1:

7) Frizz Control
8) Heat Protection
9) Manageability
10) Tamed Flyaways

What it does for my hair, #s: 3, 5, 7 and a big fat 9. The other purposes didn't concern me. With my hair, it's thick, coarse and unmanageable and this product really helped my hair not be so knotted up all the time and the 11th claim should be, it cuts down drying time 80% because when I apply this to my damp hair, my hair is air dried in 15-20 mins, compared to using a liquid detangler, which will only make my hair more wet and letting it take its course of 1 hr of air drying -.-'

When I bought this product, a week later, I went to buy a second bottle because it went on sale even more and I had a feeling this would change my hair in a more manageable way =D

The big FAT CON: NONE. One bottle can last up more than a year but my first times using it, I kinda wasted because I didn't know how much to use, 1 pump (medium length hair) is more than enough, 1-2 pumps for long hair is needed (I had both lengths during the use of this amazingness! Beginning, long hair; now, medium hair).

on 9/26/2015 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am on my third bottle of this stuff so I think I can write a good review now. I really love it. I have thick, wavy hair that is not color treated, but is about 50% gray so the texture is a mix of medium and coarse. If I do absolutely nothing to my hair right out of the shower except comb it, I look like Rosanna Rosannadanna(sp?). To make matters worse I live in a semi humid area- Maryland. All this makes for a very challenging hair situation.

I have tried other products to tame the frizz, but this is the one I like best. It does not feel like I have anything in my hair, smells nice and really performs. It is a key part of my hair routine.

After showering and towel drying my hair, I let my hair air dry for 20 minutes or so, I have thick hair so at this point it is still pretty damp. I put 2 pumps of product on and work it into the length of my hair. I blow dry till hair is 90% dry. Spray a little heat protector on. I use my John Frieda Hot Air brush (fantastic product!) to finish drying. A few drops of Garnier morroccan hair oil worked through and I am done.

I have done this same routine with different products and got unsatisfactory results, so I know the Pantene product makes a big difference.

EDIT- I have super hard water. Very tough on my hair also.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I thought this would be like a good finishing cream that would make my hair instantly smooth and shiny but it didnt work like that. It just kinda sits on my hair and leaves my hair looking slightly damp. I stopped using it for awhile. Feeling guilty that I wasted money, I decided to use it the days I didnt wash my hair. I put it on at night and brush it out. I woke up to my hair being a bit tamer then how it usually is. It smoothed down the bed hair that is usually there and made it shiny and fresh. Much better than how I've been tolerating my hair in the mornings. It smells pretty! Still unsure of any long term benefits.

Maybe Ill buy a more high end BB cream for my hair once this runs out. But I could see myself coming back to this.

on 6/17/2015 6:12:00 PM

I love this product, it has really helped to make my hair soft again. I have fine, color treated hair with little to no damage from heat styling, I only blow dry my hair bc I shower at night so it needs to dry before I go to sleep (Asians warn against sleeping with wet hair that will cause immense headaches in old age) and if you think about it it does make sense bc you lose the most heat from your head and trapping wet hair causes your head to absorb the cold from it. anyways, I have recently returned from traveling all over Asia and while staying in hotels, I realized not all of them provided conditioner, and I didn't pack it in to save suitcase space. so essentially I didn't have access to conditioned for a good 3 weeks and you could imagine how coarse my hair became :( so when I returned home I went to immediate damage control, giving myself a haircut to trim split ends and applying hair oils until I found this. since it is summer in the states, I've also started swimming and working out 2x a day, which doesn't give my hair a lot of time to recover, so I apply this after my morning showed and it really seems to help make my hair soft and smooth again. I use about 2 pumps throughout my hair and that is good enough for me, it may be a little heavy after applying but after combing through it and dries, my hair is smooth :)

I have thick frizzy hair. This product seemed to help with frizziness for people with fine hair. For me it did nothing for frizz. It tamed my frizz when I first put it on, but less than an hour later my hair was just as frizzy as before. I also do not think the price was reasonable. Other frizz products are around five dollars, this one was eight. The good things about the product are it's lightweight, non-greasy, the packaging and pump, and smells great. However, the entire reason I got it was for my frizzy/poofy hair, and it did nothing for it. I liked treseme frizz cream a lot better.

I bought it in a whim at the local cvs. I though it was a good deal with 50% off, even without it, price didn't hurt at all. I've read lot's of positive reviews on this one and, at first, wasn't disappointed while using it. It seemed to do the great job on detangling my super long and wavy hair, plus it made it look somewhat nice and shiny. I actually repurchased it to use as a cheap detangler. On the other hand. I absolutely can't stand the smell of it. And it feels like a pure silicone, it doesn't perform miracles on hair, just coats it with a very heavy, hard to get rid of, film. That how it feels. Made my hair feel constantly greasy. Noticed a product build up after using it for a while to detangle my hair. Washing with regular shampoo doesn't help, only cleansing one works. I'm using it's a 10 leave in after every wash, but noticed, after using pantene, my routine stopped having the same result and my hair got more coarse. Annoying.

I wold give it 3 stars, but giving 4, because it seems like it's not bad for the price and might be a good deal for someone with different hair type.

This is the one of the best leave-in conditioners I've ever used, hands down. Makes my hair soft, silky, and smooth. I've used this product for a couple of months and it hasn't dried my hair out like some people in the reviews claim it's done to their hair (everyone's hair is different). I will be writing to Pantene about this product to hopefully get some coupons for this so I can repurchase.

Popular Hair Treatments