Batiste Dry Shampoo - Deep & Dark Brown

3.7

on 9/13/2017 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this on my second day hair whenever my roots start looking limp and oily. I don't know what to day about this product, as it doesn't excite me. It does the job it's supposed to, and that's why I've given it 4 stars.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Don't know why I didn't try this sooner. It is a little pricey ($7/can at Target) but sooo much easier to use if you have dark hair. I don't know of a cheaper dry shampoo for brunettes so this is as good as it gets!

I would just make sure to wear a bathrobe or cape over my clothes before using this, and don't use it near anything you don't want to get dirty. The pigment can cause some discoloration.

on 4/2/2017 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I really like this one... And I have had very little trouble with the brown stain getting on places I dont want it to be. Yes, it gets on my hands at first, but its super light and easy as pie to just rinse my hands off. But if it does get on some of my stuff, its no big deal to me. Its never yet been enough of a thing that its a deal-breaker.

It gives me three whole extra days of no-poo which is phenomenal. I used to wash every day!

I also benefit greatly from the volume boost... My hair is straight and has a tendency to really just hang heavy and close to my head. Wonderful to have body in it, finally, thanks to this stuff.

The smell, to my nose, is mild... fruity and floral. Its a very happy scent, and not at all too strong. I have no complaints about the scent whatsoever, and actually, I enjoy it. Its heads above all the scents of all the other dry shampoos I've tried. Bad smells are deal breakers for me, but this one is good.

I have one complaint: I am surprised no one has mentioned this here in the reviews... As much as I like this I am concerned about the drying effects it has on my hair. This feels more drying than others I've tried. Keeping my hair healthy and elastic is definitely important to me. I am going to try using less from now on and see if that factor can be reduced.

Otherwise, this is a great purchase and a really cute canister to boot.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this product, It smells like chocolate gives my roots volume and my hair appears thicker because of the color plus im able to shampoo my hair once a week by using this product I highly recommend because I follow Kim Kardashians beauty routine

on 4/3/2017 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this and love the smell! It works exactly like it's supposed to and it's one of my favorite dry shampoos.

Wow- I only wish I had given this brand a shot years ago. HG hair product.
This stuff has taken me from a daily wet washer to a 2 to 3x a week latherer
and not only that, my hair actually looks better on the second and third day.
I have oily roots and I never would have imagined going not only one day
without regular shampoo, but two, and actually loving the way my hair looks.
I have longish, thick hair and using this product in the "dark and deep" has
actually allowed me to protect my dark auburn dye job. Amazing! Like other
users, I have noticed the brown does get on my forehead and hands while
styling, but comes right off with a quick wipe or two and a good hand scrub.
IMO it's a small price to pay for the benefits- no daily hassle with blow drying,
not having to watch my hair color literally go down the drain, actually liking
the texture/ look of my 2nd and 3rd day hair... and I happen to LOVE the way
this one smells! Someone said it smells like chocolate and I agree. Yum!
My tips are- use sparingly, you can always add more product if need be, but
I've found "less is more". Spray roots only, let it sit for a few minutes, then
rub with fingers. Follow with vigorous brushing and style as usual. I've tried
many other dry shampoos and I can honestly say Batiste blows them out
of the water, all the fragrances seem to work equally well... just a great
product! If you're an oily gal who's on the fence, try it!

on 2/26/2017 2:59:00 AM

I was kinda disappointed by the product. It smelled nice but it left my hair dull (with an ashy finish) and really didn't absorb the oil well.

My previous dry shampoo, Garrnier was actually much better in performance.

Will not be buying Batiste Dark Dry Shampoo again. Complete waste of money.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was really excited to finally find a dry shampoo for dark hair. However, my hair is black. And this product is designed for brown hair. I still bought It because I was sure it would be much better than regular dry shampoo which usually turns my hair grey. I was wrong.

This product left yellow patches in my hair so noticeably that somebody I work with asked me if I tried to bleach my hair.
Then today I wanted to try it again and see if maybe it was due to user-error. One wrong move and while attempting to spray the back of my head I sprayed half of my face and looked like I had just rubbed dirt all over my face. I had to wash my face and re-do my makeup which caused me to be late for work.

Maybe one day somebody will come out with a dry shampoo that actually works for dark hair. :(

on 3/2/2017 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Batiste is by far the best dry shampoo brand I've tried. I usually wash my hair every two-three days. By day two, my roots are already getting a little greasy so that's when I use this stuff in the morning before styling. If I ever have day three hair, it isn't absorbent enough to handle that much grease so day three is usually hat day. I was so glad when I discovered batiste made dry shampoo for darker hair since the white stuff makes my roots look light ashy grey; this stuff matches my hair color perfectly.
Downsides:
- Sometimes, by the end of day two, my roots are looking a little greasy again.
- The product does build up a little near the spray hole but a dab with a q-tip cleans it up.
- When you massage it into your roots, your finger tips will start turning dark brown but a little warm water solves that.
- I find bastiste's products run out very quickly. I honestly don't use that much at a time but it feels like I always need to buy more, which is too bad.
Still, despite the downsides, I'm so glad dry shampoo is now a thing, I'm so glad batiste makes overall good quality dry shampoos, and I'm so glad they make it in dark brown for brunettes.

on 11/22/2016 2:29:00 PM

I have brown hair but I already have bit of a white streak in front that's why it was great to find this dry shampoo with a slight brown tint. Due to some hot water (or lackthereof) issues, I had to use dry shampoo a few days in a row and I was surprised that it actually worked. My hair tends to be greasy so it was a pleasant surprise to manage to stay 4-5 days without washing my hair.
What I didn't expect - the scent! It's discreet and pleasant and it lasts for a few hours. It gave me the illusion I just had my hair done.

Video Reviews & Tutorials