Batiste Dry Shampoo - Deep & Dark Brown

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Deep & Dark Brown

3.7

Wow- I only wish I had given this brand a shot years ago. HG hair product.
This stuff has taken me from a daily wet washer to a 2 to 3x a week latherer
and not only that, my hair actually looks better on the second and third day.
I have oily roots and I never would have imagined going not only one day
without regular shampoo, but two, and actually loving the way my hair looks.
I have longish, thick hair and using this product in the "dark and deep" has
actually allowed me to protect my dark auburn dye job. Amazing! Like other
users, I have noticed the brown does get on my forehead and hands while
styling, but comes right off with a quick wipe or two and a good hand scrub.
IMO it's a small price to pay for the benefits- no daily hassle with blow drying,
not having to watch my hair color literally go down the drain, actually liking
the texture/ look of my 2nd and 3rd day hair... and I happen to LOVE the way
this one smells! Someone said it smells like chocolate and I agree. Yum!
My tips are- use sparingly, you can always add more product if need be, but
I've found "less is more". Spray roots only, let it sit for a few minutes, then
rub with fingers. Follow with vigorous brushing and style as usual. I've tried
many other dry shampoos and I can honestly say Batiste blows them out
of the water, all the fragrances seem to work equally well... just a great
product! If you're an oily gal who's on the fence, try it!

on 4/3/2017 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this and love the smell! It works exactly like it's supposed to and it's one of my favorite dry shampoos.

on 4/2/2017 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I really like this one... And I have had very little trouble with the brown stain getting on places I dont want it to be. Yes, it gets on my hands at first, but its super light and easy as pie to just rinse my hands off. But if it does get on some of my stuff, its no big deal to me. Its never yet been enough of a thing that its a deal-breaker.

It gives me three whole extra days of no-poo which is phenomenal. I used to wash every day!

I also benefit greatly from the volume boost... My hair is straight and has a tendency to really just hang heavy and close to my head. Wonderful to have body in it, finally, thanks to this stuff.

The smell, to my nose, is mild... fruity and floral. Its a very happy scent, and not at all too strong. I have no complaints about the scent whatsoever, and actually, I enjoy it. Its heads above all the scents of all the other dry shampoos I've tried. Bad smells are deal breakers for me, but this one is good.

I have one complaint: I am surprised no one has mentioned this here in the reviews... As much as I like this I am concerned about the drying effects it has on my hair. This feels more drying than others I've tried. Keeping my hair healthy and elastic is definitely important to me. I am going to try using less from now on and see if that factor can be reduced.

Otherwise, this is a great purchase and a really cute canister to boot.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this product, It smells like chocolate gives my roots volume and my hair appears thicker because of the color plus im able to shampoo my hair once a week by using this product I highly recommend because I follow Kim Kardashians beauty routine

on 3/2/2017 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Batiste is by far the best dry shampoo brand I've tried. I usually wash my hair every two-three days. By day two, my roots are already getting a little greasy so that's when I use this stuff in the morning before styling. If I ever have day three hair, it isn't absorbent enough to handle that much grease so day three is usually hat day. I was so glad when I discovered batiste made dry shampoo for darker hair since the white stuff makes my roots look light ashy grey; this stuff matches my hair color perfectly.
Downsides:
- Sometimes, by the end of day two, my roots are looking a little greasy again.
- The product does build up a little near the spray hole but a dab with a q-tip cleans it up.
- When you massage it into your roots, your finger tips will start turning dark brown but a little warm water solves that.
- I find bastiste's products run out very quickly. I honestly don't use that much at a time but it feels like I always need to buy more, which is too bad.
Still, despite the downsides, I'm so glad dry shampoo is now a thing, I'm so glad batiste makes overall good quality dry shampoos, and I'm so glad they make it in dark brown for brunettes.

on 2/26/2017 2:59:00 AM

I was kinda disappointed by the product. It smelled nice but it left my hair dull (with an ashy finish) and really didn't absorb the oil well.

My previous dry shampoo, Garrnier was actually much better in performance.

Will not be buying Batiste Dark Dry Shampoo again. Complete waste of money.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was really excited to finally find a dry shampoo for dark hair. However, my hair is black. And this product is designed for brown hair. I still bought It because I was sure it would be much better than regular dry shampoo which usually turns my hair grey. I was wrong.

This product left yellow patches in my hair so noticeably that somebody I work with asked me if I tried to bleach my hair.
Then today I wanted to try it again and see if maybe it was due to user-error. One wrong move and while attempting to spray the back of my head I sprayed half of my face and looked like I had just rubbed dirt all over my face. I had to wash my face and re-do my makeup which caused me to be late for work.

Maybe one day somebody will come out with a dry shampoo that actually works for dark hair. :(

on 11/22/2016 2:29:00 PM

I have brown hair but I already have bit of a white streak in front that's why it was great to find this dry shampoo with a slight brown tint. Due to some hot water (or lackthereof) issues, I had to use dry shampoo a few days in a row and I was surprised that it actually worked. My hair tends to be greasy so it was a pleasant surprise to manage to stay 4-5 days without washing my hair.
What I didn't expect - the scent! It's discreet and pleasant and it lasts for a few hours. It gave me the illusion I just had my hair done.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This was my first dry shampoo, I have finished this, and I am very happy about it. I am on my second batiste though it is the other type.
My area is very hot and humid, and I mostly travel with motorcycle so I use helmet. That makes my head sweat and easily become greasy in no time. That is very sad.
Before this, I washed my hair everyday, and I decided to use this as a training tool for my head. In terms of taming my oil glands, this product works wonder! With this I can wash my hair once every 2 or 3 days, which was very convenient since I had long hair back then. The training has a great result. Now even after 2 days my head will not wildly producing oil like a factory trying to keep up with peaking market demand.
The great thing is the colour!
I do not have to worry about having white powdery matter on my black hair that could lead to a very discomforting misunderstanding. Dandruff.
The drawback is the colour!
Yes, since it comes with the convenience of brown powder, you also have to deal with the inconvenience of the brown powder. Make sure you don't get it on your face. Also try not to touch your hair directly to even out the powder, you better use a comb or your hand will turn brownish.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I have tried many dry shampoos, they were nothing compared to this one. I have dark brown hair. It is fine & thin & generally a disappointment. Freshly washed hair on me is fluffy & fly away like cotton candy. Day 2 hair would be better, but it's too flat at the root....HELLO BATISTE DEEP & DARK BROWN! Okay, I can go 4 days without washing my hair (yeah, that's gross but it looks good) if I use a little of this on each non-wash day. My hair looks it's best on day 3...WUT?! I save time not having to wash/blow dry/style my hair, I'm also spared having to deal with the state of what is my hair.

I make parts around my hair, spraying a little on each section at the root as I go. I let it sit for a few minutes, then I whisk my fingers through the roots of my hair, style it, & it is excellent. It not only takes away all oiliness, it gives me body I have not managed with any other product (including at least a dozen root lifters I've tried).

I would like to specifically suggest dark haired women with fine &/or thinning hair try this. You can pretty much always find it at Marshalls/TJMaxx/Winners

Video Reviews & Tutorials