Batiste Dry Shampoo - Deep & Dark Brown

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Deep & Dark Brown

3.6

Not really enthusiastic about this. I have brown hair so I figured this dry shampoo would take less time to work into my hair (as by regular dry shampoos I always need to spend some time rubbing trough my hair to remove the white/greyish shine it gives me otherwise) and it did but every time I runned my hands trough it or scratched my hair it left dark powder residue on my hands and I really didn't like that.

Finally! A dry shampoo that works, doesn't leave my hair with a white cast, and isn't too perfumed.

My long search is over. I tried a homemade blend of cornstarch, rice flour and cocoa and got tired of uneven application but it was effective and I loved the smell. I was going to try Dove and a few other types but I am not a fan of aluminium in my products. I tried pantene and it smelled aggressively of hair care and got a clogged bottle. I tried Batiste XXL and it left my hair with so much volume that if a gentle breeze went by my hair would retain its windswept shape and get frizzy. Finally, I found this stuff!

I find I don't need much of this stuff to get a good effect. Initiall, it leaves a bit of paler colour on my very dark hair but once it's worked in (vigorously!) there is no colour cast.

It also doesn't leave my hair super obscenely volumized like the Batiste XXL does to my hair. I can style it after dry shampooing and not worry about it later.

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

I love everything about this product except for the powdery feel it leaves on my hands after I touch my hair. Doesn't show up white on my hair and smells fresh. I am looking for something that I LOVE but until I find it, this will do.

on 2/18/2016 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have Coarse curly brown hair. I wash my hair twice a week but sometimes when I blow my hair out & flat iron it, after a couple of days it can get very oily. I use this in the morning before I hop in the shower massage it through my hair with the pads of my fingers, NOT nails because it will look like you have dirt under your nails. Then I style as needed. This dry shampoo doesnt leave my hair feeling sticky, greasy, or with a white cast. And it smells so good! Needless to say I have repurchased this product more than once. It can be a little difficult to find though, but I do have the best luck finding it at Ulta.

on 9/3/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've heard great reviews from youtubers about this dry shampoo so I had high hopes for this product. I've been looking for a dry shampoo since I have oily hair and I have to wash my hair everyday to be presentable. I got this so that I could wash my hair every other day and save time in the morning. I have dark hair so I opted for the dark brown colored one.

I was very disappointed in the results since nothing about this dry shampoo worked for me. First off, it made my hair look and feel dirtier than before by making it clumpy and sticky! Quite the opposite of the effect I was looking for... I tried rubbing it into my hair, brushing it out, spraying more product... I feel like I tried everything to make this work but nothing made it better. I suppose it was volumizing but only because it made my hair a clumpy mess? I did not care for the scent either, but I think it is more of a preference. It wasn't terrible, just not my thing. The product also transferred onto my hands every time i touched it so I do not recommend this color. I could not leave the house like this so I had to wash it out anyway and be late to class. I did give it a second try but no luck. I ended up throwing it out after this second use.

I understand that one of the reasons people like this dry shampoo is for the price. Honestly, after I used it twice, I feel like the bottle was 1/2-2/3 full, meaning you'd only get like 5 uses out of this one can? I use the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo now (powder, not aerosol) and I think it's much more cost effective since I get much more use out of it than dry shampoos in aerosol spray cans. Anyways point being, I will not purchase any batiste dry shampoo ever again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this product after realizing I was in need of an affordable dry shampoo that wouldn't leave a whitish cast. Unfortunately, it was a bit messy and left staining. I also did not like the scent at all. The scent never dissipated and I smelled like a sickly sweet bouquet of flowers. I returned and I will not repurchase.

on 6/19/2015 1:51:00 AM

Thanks to MUBer I tried this after multiple previous attempts at dry shampoo. I have fine slightly thin hair with an oily scalp and dark auburn color. My hair gets greasy and shows grease almost immediately. Other dry shampoos made me look like I had gray roots and it still felt weirdly sticky and limp. This one gave me 3 DAYS and that never happens. I even wore it down on day 2. No roots. No fall out. No staining.

on 5/14/2015 7:25:00 PM

I actually use this to cover my hot roots which are lighter than my colored dark brown hair and sometimes have a slight bit of gray! So, I just spray wherever my part is and let it dry, then brush it a little. I can see if I used this all over my head, it would be messy but I don't, just at the part and it works perfectly. Give me darker roots and a little bit of lift. For me, it is excellent.

on 4/28/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Alright call me nuts but I didn't get it. This is a huge seller in my store so after working there for 6 months, I got curious and asked everyone who bought it if they had tried it before and liked it. Most people raved about it so I got this one, since I have purple hair with natural dark brown roots. I thought it was great that they offered a variety of colors and scents like that, but when it came time to try it, I reaaaallllly didn't see a difference. The scent was nice...but it didn't last so long on my hair. I'm about a weekly, or twice weeky washer, but sometimes I would feel a lot of build up on my scalp and wanted to see if this would help with that without having to overwash my dry hair (and have the color fade even faster). But I didn't notice a difference. I also heard people say that it added volume even though they didn't notice a cleansing difference. But the volume it gave me lasted only a little while. I tried it multiple times and even though I got a great deal, it just didn't seem to fit into my routine to add anything I needed. I think it would be good for the average person who washes every other day or so, but for people like me with course, thick, wavy or curly hair that only wash once or twice a week, it may not change it enough.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I only wash my hair every other day or every few days if I feel like it out of laziness and it's not good to wash your hair everyday anyways so I figure no harm done. My holy grail Oscar Blondi Pronto Dry Shampoo in the powder form has been getting me by for as long as I've been infrequently washing my hair but my mother who believes in scrubbing your hair super clean everyday started getting on me for my "lack of cleanliness" and the white cast that she said made my hair look super dirty. I finally caved and tried this dry shampoo after an ulta opened up in my area & now I can go as long as I feel like without washing my hair & mother doesn't even notice a thing! After reading a lot of reviews I was initially scared that this dry shampoo would be a complete mess & look terrible on my brunette hair leaving chunks of brown paint on my forehead & face but I just applied it the way I would normal dry shampoo; a quick burst wherever I'm oily & the only mess I was left with was dirty hands that was easily helped by washing with hand soap.