Batiste Dry Shampoo - Deep & Dark Brown

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Deep & Dark Brown

3.6

on 2/26/2017 2:59:00 AM

I was kinda disappointed by the product. It smelled nice but it left my hair dull (with an ashy finish) and really didn't absorb the oil well.

My previous dry shampoo, Garrnier was actually much better in performance.

Will not be buying Batiste Dark Dry Shampoo again. Complete waste of money.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was really excited to finally find a dry shampoo for dark hair. However, my hair is black. And this product is designed for brown hair. I still bought It because I was sure it would be much better than regular dry shampoo which usually turns my hair grey. I was wrong.

This product left yellow patches in my hair so noticeably that somebody I work with asked me if I tried to bleach my hair.
Then today I wanted to try it again and see if maybe it was due to user-error. One wrong move and while attempting to spray the back of my head I sprayed half of my face and looked like I had just rubbed dirt all over my face. I had to wash my face and re-do my makeup which caused me to be late for work.

Maybe one day somebody will come out with a dry shampoo that actually works for dark hair. :(

on 11/22/2016 2:29:00 PM

I have brown hair but I already have bit of a white streak in front that's why it was great to find this dry shampoo with a slight brown tint. Due to some hot water (or lackthereof) issues, I had to use dry shampoo a few days in a row and I was surprised that it actually worked. My hair tends to be greasy so it was a pleasant surprise to manage to stay 4-5 days without washing my hair.
What I didn't expect - the scent! It's discreet and pleasant and it lasts for a few hours. It gave me the illusion I just had my hair done.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This was my first dry shampoo, I have finished this, and I am very happy about it. I am on my second batiste though it is the other type.
My area is very hot and humid, and I mostly travel with motorcycle so I use helmet. That makes my head sweat and easily become greasy in no time. That is very sad.
Before this, I washed my hair everyday, and I decided to use this as a training tool for my head. In terms of taming my oil glands, this product works wonder! With this I can wash my hair once every 2 or 3 days, which was very convenient since I had long hair back then. The training has a great result. Now even after 2 days my head will not wildly producing oil like a factory trying to keep up with peaking market demand.
The great thing is the colour!
I do not have to worry about having white powdery matter on my black hair that could lead to a very discomforting misunderstanding. Dandruff.
The drawback is the colour!
Yes, since it comes with the convenience of brown powder, you also have to deal with the inconvenience of the brown powder. Make sure you don't get it on your face. Also try not to touch your hair directly to even out the powder, you better use a comb or your hand will turn brownish.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I have tried many dry shampoos, they were nothing compared to this one. I have dark brown hair. It is fine & thin & generally a disappointment. Freshly washed hair on me is fluffy & fly away like cotton candy. Day 2 hair would be better, but it's too flat at the root....HELLO BATISTE DEEP & DARK BROWN! Okay, I can go 4 days without washing my hair (yeah, that's gross but it looks good) if I use a little of this on each non-wash day. My hair looks it's best on day 3...WUT?! I save time not having to wash/blow dry/style my hair, I'm also spared having to deal with the state of what is my hair.

I make parts around my hair, spraying a little on each section at the root as I go. I let it sit for a few minutes, then I whisk my fingers through the roots of my hair, style it, & it is excellent. It not only takes away all oiliness, it gives me body I have not managed with any other product (including at least a dozen root lifters I've tried).

I would like to specifically suggest dark haired women with fine &/or thinning hair try this. You can pretty much always find it at Marshalls/TJMaxx/Winners

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was excited about a dry shampoo for dark hair so I would not have to spend so much time removing that white overcast; however, this was a disappointment since it still leaves dark hair with a white overcast that needs to be brushed out vicariously.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm not a fan of the original Batiste Dry Shampoo, which does nothing for me; the main appeal of this one is the dark brown tint which doesn't require thorough brushing out.

I use this when I'm in a hurry to run out of the house but my hair is greasy and I don't have time to wait for a normal dry shampoo to act and brush out.

Honestly, it does the job, but only for a quick booster. It doesn't actually replace a wash, like some very good dry shampoos can. You can prolong the time before you have to wash your hair, but only by a couple of days. You have to reapply every day, and it will do nothing for you if your hair is especially greasy.

On the plus side, it does add quite a lot of volume - I like wearing this on clean (well, day old) hair if I want a dramatic volume boost. It's also great for terrifying shower buddies, because it washes out a dark grey, like ink.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like the Batiste Dry Shampoo in the original formula so I was excited to try the one for dark hair!!

Pros:
-Big can
-pleasant scent
-Blends easier than original on normal hair
-Gives you a few extra days between washing and looks great.

Cons:
-Feels a bit more powdery than the original formula? It didn't seem to come off on my fingers tho.
-I thought it would maybe cover greys, but maybe my hair is too dark. Didn't cover my greys like the L'oreal Root Cover Up does.

Not really enthusiastic about this. I have brown hair so I figured this dry shampoo would take less time to work into my hair (as by regular dry shampoos I always need to spend some time rubbing trough my hair to remove the white/greyish shine it gives me otherwise) and it did but every time I runned my hands trough it or scratched my hair it left dark powder residue on my hands and I really didn't like that.

Finally! A dry shampoo that works, doesn't leave my hair with a white cast, and isn't too perfumed.

My long search is over. I tried a homemade blend of cornstarch, rice flour and cocoa and got tired of uneven application but it was effective and I loved the smell. I was going to try Dove and a few other types but I am not a fan of aluminium in my products. I tried pantene and it smelled aggressively of hair care and got a clogged bottle. I tried Batiste XXL and it left my hair with so much volume that if a gentle breeze went by my hair would retain its windswept shape and get frizzy. Finally, I found this stuff!

I find I don't need much of this stuff to get a good effect. Initiall, it leaves a bit of paler colour on my very dark hair but once it's worked in (vigorously!) there is no colour cast.

It also doesn't leave my hair super obscenely volumized like the Batiste XXL does to my hair. I can style it after dry shampooing and not worry about it later.