Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl

3.7

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

What an amazing mascara.. I could even say that is my HG. First of all I have very thin, long and straight eyelashes and this mascara adds the perfect volume, length and the most important thing for me, curl. Whatever mascara I've tried (and I tried a lot of them.. mainly high end ones) I always come back to this, almost from the moment I started wearing makeup. I know it's a little pricey but it is totally worth it.. You don't need other mascara for the evening or for a daytime look. you can do both with this. From a pretty subtle result to a dramatic one, it doesn't clump at all between layers. Lastly I will just say that.. All my friends that tried this mascara bought it themselves.

Best mascara i've ever had.

To Read all 76 Reviews, Login or Join

This mascara was a huge disappointment. I've tried it quite a few times now since for the price tag I was hoping the problems I've been having were user error. Unfortunately it seems to be the formula. Even my husband (who never notices anything makeup) noticed that my lashes looked and felt weird.

Pros:
Nice Packaging
Deep rich black color
Lengthening

Cons:
Straightens my lashes: I'll curl my lashes and this will make them sag down
Weird plastic-like texture: feels really odd on the eyes
Extremely clumpy: Made the tips of my lashes stick together like crazy
Not Volumizing: My lashes looked pretty sparse no matter how many coats I did
Hard to get off: I had to go through and separate each individual lash even after washing
Challenging to apply: To get any curl I had to hold the brush against my lashes for several minutes.

I tried this with a variety of coats, styles of application, curling first, not curling, wiggling the brush. Nothing made this work for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The very second after applying, i could notice some curl in my lashes (jihaa!). The volume however was poor, and when I coated 2 layers to build up some thickness, it started to clump and my lashes looked messy. After approx. 1 hour, also the curl was gone.
So no, this alone does not stand the test at all.

What does work however is the combination of Dior eye lash primer+Dior super curl+Dior IT
mascara+brush to erase the clumps. But this is mega expensive and cannot be the purpose.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Expensive, but totally worth every penny! This is my favourite mascara, and I tried a lot of mascaras! But this one totally beats it and I keep coming back to it. I dont need the eyelash curler anymore, it does all the work itself!

Pros:
- long lasting
- doesn't flake or smudge (even after a gym-session!)
- makes eyelashes really thick
- beautiful packaging
- lasts me 4-5 months!
- doesn't dry out quick

Cons:
- so far none for me, but I will try the waterproof version later to see if it works even better

This is my new HG mascara. I have nothing lashes. Short, sparse and straight. This gives me amazing length, volume and curl, and holds all day. No need to layer with other products.

It doesn't flake or smudge once it dries. I have had a little clumping upon application, but it's nothing that a little combing out can't deal with. It's easy to go overboard with this stuff, so a couple of swipes is all I really need.

It's has a wet formula, but over time has dried out a little and is amazeballs. I will repurchase this over and over. Hopefully it will never be discontinued!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm a cover girl lash blast fan always and forever. I received a sample of the dior mascara and fell in love!! My lashes look so unreal! It really makes your eyes stand out.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have Diore Iconic Overcurl Spectacular Volume and Curl Mascara ( non waterproof) chestut. I have hooded eyes and short sparse very pale lashes. So they are difficult to work with. I used plain Diore Iconic for years as it doesn't clump or irritate my eyes or smudge. I got this on this time. My lashes are hard to curl as they aren't long enough for the culer to bend, just lift up. I don't like waterproof, as it is too much rubbing to take off. My eyes water like crazy in the wind and this never smudges or runs. It lifts and adds thickness and length and doesn't clump. It feels natural and doesn't look over done.. That is all I want in a mascara.

These have a bent wand that that is small enough that I can really get in there and do the back and forth bottom part thing without getting mascara all over my hooded lids. Without any curing of my lashes stand up nicely. They fan out and look noticably thicker and longer. This is with 2 coats. I have had many wands this shape but I find this one easier work with and it does't hurt if your eyes blink on it. I think you could build to more dramatic. This is super easy to use.

I really, really wanted to like this, but I was disappointed. This was my first expensive mascara purchase - I'm normally a drugstore girl - and perhaps my expectation were too high. The color on this is nice, velvety and black, but the formula clumped for me, and I got no additional curl I could detect. Thickening was okay, lengthening was moderate, but I won't buy this again due to the clumping, and price.

This dries quickly and gets a little clumpy/sticky if you don't tip of the excess off, otherwise pretty easy to use! Some people say it doesn't volumise their eyelashes well so I guess it's made for certain kinds of lashes (I have medium lashes but theyre so straight they hit my glasses)

It's also extremely easy to remove and doesn't leave me panda eyes. And like I said before, it gets sticky so the wiggling technique is pretty helpful. The little curve on the wand makes it even easier to apply on corners and bottom lashes. If you want a thick look I suggest put the coats on quickly because it dries fast (at least mine, does)

The biggest con is the price since it's from a luxury brand, but still good. I got an eye makeup remover with it and a cute cosmetic bag so the price wasn't too offputting.