Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl

3.8

As far as mascaras currently on the market, Diorshow Iconic Overcurl is tops. For reference, I have very short and sparse lashes that also have difficulty curling. For me, I use my Shiseido lash curler first, then 1-2 coats of Iconic Overcurl. One coat gives really pretty, fluttery fanned-out lashes and a good amount of lift and volume. Two coats gives more dramatic volume and length without any clumping. And best of all, the curl lasts all day. Nobody would ever mistaken me for wearing falsies, but then again, I started with nothing to begin with. ;)

My only complaints about this mascara are the price (as I am diligent about throwing out every 3 months), and that the pigment is not super, duper inky black (if that is important to you.)

Other high-end mascaras that are high on my list are Chanel Volume (more voluminous than the Dior, but has a tendency to get clumpy after a month), Chanel Inimitable Intense (darker black than the Dior, but has a tendency to dry out after a month), and YSL Baby Doll (very lifting and separating, but has a tendency to smudge by the end of the day.)

So, that is my take. Hope that helps!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

What is a 'Holy Grail' product? To me, a product has achieved HG status when it simply outperforms all other options, and when you no longer have the need to look for other, better options. And that pretty much sums up how I feel about this mascara.

My lashes are naturally short, brittle, and straight. Most mascaras leave them spidery, and clumpy. My oily eyelids also tend to break down mascara. This mascara significantly lengthens my lashes, but also makes them looks visibly thicker without clumping them. Rather than spidery, my lashes look whispy, fluttery, and just allround stunning. On top of that, it also provides me with a curl that holds.all.day.
But wait, there's more! The curved wand is shaped so cleverly, that I can easily use the point of the wand to provide some extra definition where needed.

All in all, this is a seriously stellar mascara, and nothing I've ever used comes even close to it's effect. I really hope they never discontinue this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I think of perfect mascara, perfect separation is a must. Then I just need it to add some volume, some length and keep it that way.

This mascara is not bad, but not great either. The most annoying thing is that on some days it performs perfect but then - nightmare.
The brush grabs to much product for my liking, so to get perfect, plush lashes I need to use paper towel to take the exces off. Moreover, if you put to much product on, the result is "artificial" and lashes could be easily glued together.
Staying power is ok, but the classic version is better.
For the price I don't like this additional hassle, to make it work.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara is great for curl and length (as it states) but not so much for volume. I thought I'd try this over my YSL but I'm undecided. It does however, give your lashes lasting length and curl all day long which I usually find hard to find in a mascara, so on that basis I would purchase again

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is currently my HG! I love its texture, i can put many coats on without any clump. I have thick and curly lashes already but this definitely pronounces my lashes, gives them length and colour and it looks really natural and you can capture your lower lashes well too. Basically this brush does all the work. It does not smudge (even during very hot weather) and lasts for a really long time.

This is close to becoming my HG mascara! I am so happy I have purchased this. This is the most budge-proof non-waterproof mascara that is so good. I used to love L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes So Couture but it's a pain to get off. This, however, is long-lasting but is easily removable with any micellar water or eye make-up remover.
It's beautifully rich black, very volumizing, applies evenly, doesn't clump, flake or budge throughout the day giving me any problems like racoon eyes (which almost ALL mascaras tend to do - even the most expensive ones).
I do notice the curling effect, however, I have naturally curly lashes so it isn't much of a concern. For those with super straight lashes - I honestly do think that this mascara would help only if you would curl your lashes prior with an eyelash curler. It's not a miracle product with a magic wand by any means. So gear up, ladies.
With that being said, I would totally repurchase this. Moreover, if I found this on sale, I would stock up and hoard this. Because this to me is as good as they come. I have alredy got my fellow makeup artist friend hooked on this, and this means a lot. YSL or Chanel are blown out of the water for me with this beauty for me.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

What an amazing mascara.. I could even say that is my HG. First of all I have very thin, long and straight eyelashes and this mascara adds the perfect volume, length and the most important thing for me, curl. Whatever mascara I've tried (and I tried a lot of them.. mainly high end ones) I always come back to this, almost from the moment I started wearing makeup. I know it's a little pricey but it is totally worth it.. You don't need other mascara for the evening or for a daytime look. you can do both with this. From a pretty subtle result to a dramatic one, it doesn't clump at all between layers. Lastly I will just say that.. All my friends that tried this mascara bought it themselves.

Best mascara i've ever had.

This mascara was a huge disappointment. I've tried it quite a few times now since for the price tag I was hoping the problems I've been having were user error. Unfortunately it seems to be the formula. Even my husband (who never notices anything makeup) noticed that my lashes looked and felt weird.

Pros:
Nice Packaging
Deep rich black color
Lengthening

Cons:
Straightens my lashes: I'll curl my lashes and this will make them sag down
Weird plastic-like texture: feels really odd on the eyes
Extremely clumpy: Made the tips of my lashes stick together like crazy
Not Volumizing: My lashes looked pretty sparse no matter how many coats I did
Hard to get off: I had to go through and separate each individual lash even after washing
Challenging to apply: To get any curl I had to hold the brush against my lashes for several minutes.

I tried this with a variety of coats, styles of application, curling first, not curling, wiggling the brush. Nothing made this work for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The very second after applying, i could notice some curl in my lashes (jihaa!). The volume however was poor, and when I coated 2 layers to build up some thickness, it started to clump and my lashes looked messy. After approx. 1 hour, also the curl was gone.
So no, this alone does not stand the test at all.

What does work however is the combination of Dior eye lash primer+Dior super curl+Dior IT
mascara+brush to erase the clumps. But this is mega expensive and cannot be the purpose.