Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Waterproof

Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Waterproof
image 1image 2image 3

on 4/30/2016 11:52:00 AM

I love this mascara on my short and straight Asian eyelashes! I'm not really seeking volume because I find that the more volumized my eyelashes are the less lengthy it looks. (The Colossal Volumizing Waterproof mascara is really good with volume but I don't like it because it make my eyelashes look fat and short.) So, this mascara is perfect for what I want because it emphasizes my eyelash length with no volume. Basically, those seeking volume should not aim for this mascara. Other than that, it also defines my eyelashes and keeps it curled for the longest and I just love it! It looks so natural! Along with that, it doesn't smear even though I have the oiliest and most watery eyes. Yay! I'm definitely buying this again once I run out. It's officially my holy grail!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm not unhappy with this mascara but I guess I'm not super thrilled with it either. I have shorter lashes and I'm always looking for a product that creates length and volume. This works nicely as an everyday mascara, the formula goes on great with no clumping and great definition, just not the volume I was looking for.
The brush is curved which was kind of annoying but it lasts all day with no flaking. Overall I'll keep using this but only until I find something better.

To Read all 54 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/24/2016 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Overall I have positive feelings toward this mascara. I was disappointed that it did not really add volume, which is what I was hoping for, but it did define them very nicely. The applicator is in a strange, curled shape, which I found to be annoying for applying. I have to curl my lashes and this formula holds the curl very well. It has excellent staying power, as evidenced from minimal flaking during sleep and surviving tears, which is a bonus when you have watery eyes like I do. It is also a fairly cheap mascara (drugstore variety) so it will not break the bank.

on 3/20/2016 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I find that this mascara tends to define rather than create volume. With short thin lashes, I need a little more drama. The formulation is too wet for my liking, if I blink my eyes while it's drying it'll stick to my eyelids and create a mess. Oily eye lids + wet formula = not good. For now I've been layering another mascara with a drier consistency to prevent it from smudging.

I did not know what to expect with this mascara . I have already tried a few Maybelline mascaras and I have not been disappointed so when I saw this on sale at ULTA buy two get one free I thought I would give it a try. I do love this mascara. It is great for getting ready in the morning when I don't have a lot of time. I love the packaging. I purchased it in glam black in waterproof. It doesn't flake, it doesn't irritate my eyes and a little goes a long way. I like to curl my eyelashes and use the trick I learned from a youtube guru by starting at the ends then the middle then the roots. It gives good length, holds a curl and although it does not give a lot of volume it gives enough for me to love it.You can pair this mascara with Maybelline the falsies flared or the colossal chaotic for extra volume but I think it is fine on it's own. I also think you have to be careful on layering on a few coats the formula is wet and although it is not clumpy it is a wet formula and if you apply a few coats it can transfer on your upper eyelid. It does last all day and I would give it try. The best part it comes off easily and it doesn't feel heavy on your eye lashes . It also has a scoop curved brush great to get every lash. I would definitely give this a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love the formula and the wand/brush on this one. I'm a Maybelline mascara addict but this is easily one of the best.

on 12/24/2015 2:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Good mascara for the price. The curved (sorry, "claw") brush curls and coats each lash and it seems to wear well without flaking. I would probably go for a volume-boosting mascara formula next time as this gives my lashes length, curl and definition but not much volume. I love the packaging as I'm a sucker for anything cat-themed, but I don't care for the fat, round cap. It would be easier to open and hold if it was flattened or textured.

on 12/23/2015 12:27:00 AM

I love using this! I pair it with my best in faux from tarte and my lashes look amazing I like it a lot better then tarte one that comes with the fibers I've repurchased many times

By far the worst mascara I've ever used. It's a shame I say that because I normally like Maybelline mascaras, but when I think of my worst mascara experiences, this one is the first that springs to mind. I shelled out $7 or so for this, which I consider on the more expensive side for a drugstore mascara, and I was so excited to try a cupped brush for the first time.

Boy, did I regret it.

When applying this, the brush was just so awkward (and I used another scoopy brush right at the same time as this then with no issue), I have no idea why this thing was so brutal to work with. Then, as it poked my face so frequently and left smudges everywhere, the formula dried almost instantly, so I had to really work to get these big black smears off! I appreciate a quick drying formula, just not when it gets everywhere. The result wasn't fabulous enough to make me want to put myself through such hassle. It stayed on my lashes well, but it was such a pain that after a month I chucked it.

Hands down the only mascara I will use. I'm asian so my lashes are self explanatory, I normally can't get them to hold a curl no matter what, but this mascara dries quickly and I don't have to curl them again after applying. Also the brush is absolutely perfect for bottom lashes: super thin and firm so it doesn't get everywhere. It also doesn't smudge! Definitely recommend if you weren't blessed with long or many lashes.