beautyblender Solid Cleanser

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 30-35

3.8

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut acid, Titanium Dioxide, Palmitic Acid, fragrance, Sodium Chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

This soap is amazing! I travel on business a lot and sometimes have very little time to spare for my make up brushes and wow this soap does the job quickly and easily! My brushes get cleaned fast and I think it does much better job than baby shampoo or liquid cleanser. Packaging is also great, the soap is sealed into a plastic container that you can carry with you where ever you go. I am now planning to buy one for travelling and one to keep at home. Highly recommend!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is incredible for cleansing the beautyblender sponge. I tried the liquid beauty blender cleanser, and not only did it smell awful, it didn't thoroughly clean my sponge. I tried hand soap and other brush cleaners, but they all left behind foundation stains as well, even after lengthy cleansing which took forever to rinse out. I don't know what it is about this formulation, but it WORKS, and fast. Just wet your beauty blender, rub the areas with stains into the solid cleanser, squeeze the sponge to create a lather and rinse. Best of all, this rinses clean quickly (you won't be rinsing suds forever like if you had used hand soap). I will always have this on hand, and will try it on my brushes as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

a round bar of soap with a case for $20. yep, I feel I got massively ripped off buying this. To me, it cleans just as well as a bar of soap. I bought this after hearing reviews that it would be gentler on the beautyblender than a regular soap, but it turns the water pink just as much.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite hobbies is researching product ingredients to find or create dupes of overpriced cosmetics. I tried this with the beautyblender solid cleanser, and what I discovered is that it is essentially shaving soap. You know, the kind fancy men and grandpas use with a brush. Here's an ingredient comparison:

Beautyblender solid, 1 oz, $16.50

Herban Cowboy Shave Soap, 2.9 oz, $3.80 on iherb.com:
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Rosmarinus Officinalis (rosemary) Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides.

I bought the Herban Cowboy shave soap, and it works fine. I actually store it in my beautyblender container, where it's easy to access and is able to air dry after use (I store the sponge elsewhere).

The Herban Cowboy soap does smell like a dude, that's the only downside. It's your typical cologne-y, after shave-y fragrance. Not bad, just masculine. Not the lavender of the BB Solid.

If you want a shave soap that has a lavender scent, check out Taylor of Old Bond Street Lavender Shaving Cream Bowl, 5.3 oz. for $15.95. About the same price as the beautyblender, but FIVE TIMES larger. I haven't purchased this one yet because the Herban was just too good a price to pass up and I don't expect to ever use it all up. I might order the Old Bond, though, just for the fragrance.

Here are its ingredients: Aqua, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Lavandul Angustifolia, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 17200, CI 42090

Not as similar to the BB as the Herban Cowboy, but it might work equally well.

I bought Beauty Blender Pure Kit that includes white Beauty Blender for sensitive skin, Blender cleanser solid and the Air.Port Mesh bag. Money wise is to buy all these products as a kit rather than separately, it becomes a bit cheaper.
As for a Blender Cleanser solid, it cleans very well, but not 100% perfect. I even left the sponge for some time with the cleanser’s lather on, hoping it will absorb it better...but no, it worked the same, my sponge still had foundation stains on one side. Probably I should try to wash it with a normal gentle soap and compare the results. If they are the same, I would never spend 17 euro for a tiny piece of solid cleanser again.
They say it has a soothing lavender fragrance... the first time I smelled it I could not stop sneezing. I was really afraid that I might be allergic to it. But thankfully, I did not have any allergy. The scent reminds me more of a white Marseille soap, rather than anything of lavender.
But what I like about this cleanser is the cute and hygienic packaging, it is very well-thought of. And secondly, I have to admit it is really a good choice for travelling, solid and compact.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools