beautyblender Solid Cleanser

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.9

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut acid, Titanium Dioxide, Palmitic Acid, fragrance, Sodium Chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

I have used the solid cleanser, the liquid cleanser, Zote soap, and regular bar soap to clean my BB. I used to think this was the greatest thing ever, but now...it's just overpriced lavender-scented soap. Zote soap and mini hotel soaps do just as good of a job of cleaning my BB, if not better. The price point is quite high...at $16. Youtubers rave about this soap, but it doesn't get everything out. For that price, I want it to be amazing. I am just going to use regular bar soap from now on. Another thing I hate is how the packaging requires you to sort of air dry the soap before closing. If you don't and the soap is wet, then it will be gross and slick. I think they should make the packaging slightly bigger and put holes in the casing for air-drying and easier on-the-go usage.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I decided to treat myself to one of these, and in all honesty, I should have stuck with what I had been using. With this, I find I have to swirl my beauty blender (the original $20.00 one) over-and-over-and-over again, and it still does not seem to get the beauty blender as clean as some other cleansers do. To me, a basic bar of Ivory soap works as well as this, if not better. But all in all I will stick with Ivory soap and/or other cleansers.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a fair-sized sample of this with a recent Sephora order, so I figured I'd use it to clean my orange Ulta knockoff of the Beautyblender. I will say that it cleaned the sponge just fine...which is what soap should do! I think it has a nice scent, lavender mixed with a bit of aloe vera, but it might be too strong for some. I wouldn't pay full price for this, but I'm happy to use up the sample. Shrug.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This does a good job of removing makeup from sponge blenders. I've tried it with my makeup brushes and it wasn't as effective as baby shampoo and olive oil. After I've tried this, I also tried to wash my blenders with regular glycerin soap and it was just as good if not better. The packaging is cute though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product does a great job of getting your makeup brushes clean. And when it comes time to rinse, this does not bleed suds forever like baby shampoo does. But the price is.....ridiculous. But i went to Michael's and discovered The Master's Brush Cleaner and Preserver.......it works just as well as this beautyblender solid. The same effective cleansing and easy rinsing. But The Master's smells better, and 2.5 oz retails for about $10. So no i would not repurchase this product having discovered a better, cheaper dupe!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This soap does clean out the BB really well and leaves it squeaky clean. The downside is that it's super drying and my hands were covered in little eczema patches after using this for 3 days. Yes, 8 moisturised, and no, it didn't get appreciably better until I stopped using this.

It's also horribly overpriced. If you have a look at the ingredients in this soap, it's basically plain old vegetable soap. The free hotel soap I got from Novotel in New Zealand has almost the exact same ingredients, with the difference being in the last few ingredients, which, as everyone knows, are usually present in such tiny amounts that it has little impact on the effect of the product. Just google "vegetable soap" and compare the ingredients of that to this Solid Cleanser, you'll see what I mean.

I also find that regular bar soap works just as well in cleaning out the BB- I wash it after every use and it's still spotless.

Would definitely not repurchase!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I got this for free while purchasing my original beauty blender on a cruise to stockholm last year. Still lasts me and probably until 6 month from now. Quite durable and stronger than normal soaps. The soap bar alone costs 16e on land, not sure if I want to spend that much even if this cleans beauty blender really well everyday. And make up brushes but I'd rather be using make up shampoo by kicks.

I bought the Dr bronner's soap just in case this runs out as a replacement. Been hearing raves of the dupe. Let's see if it's all that worth it. Its just a little cheaper in finland afterall.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The beauty blender solid cleaner is awesome. Cleans the sponge as well as brushes incredibly well. For long wearing foundation I have to lather twice but all the product will come out. I do not believe it when people say their BB is stained...it is just still dirty, it can come out with diligent cleansing. I've had a white BB for a year that is still spotless. I've tried similar makeup cleansing bars and the BB one is far superior. The portability of the cleanser and the little container with drainer is great as well. Here comes the BUT....ordinary bar soap works exactly the same at a fraction of the price which is why I will not repurchase, try it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The only thing I will use now to clean not only my beautyblender but also my brushes. It's so quick and easy and leaves my tools squeaky clean.

This is the only soap that was able to cleanse my beautyblender, so bravo!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools