beautyblender Solid Cleanser

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.8

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut acid, Titanium Dioxide, Palmitic Acid, fragrance, Sodium Chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Oh my gosh, this reeks of lavender--not my favorite scent because it gives me awful headaches, but I tried the product out anyway. It made absolutely no difference in the way my brushes felt after cleansing (although it rinses easily--I tend to use too much soap when washing them), except for that persistent smell. The price is outrageous, and bar soaps (which is what this is) are prone to bacterial growth (especially when they remain damp in a container), so that's the third strike. I've been cleaning makeup brushes for more than three decades now with most of the recommended or popular cleansers, and have come to the conclusion that as long as you wash and rinse thoroughly and air-dry the brushes fully, it doesn't much matter what you use. Cheap or expensive, natural- or synthetic-fiber brushes--clean is clean. I use clear dishwashing soap on brushes I use with liquid products (it gets every trace of even long-wearing foundation out) and unscented hand soap (Seventh Generation) on all the others. They come out great. If a brush feels rough after several washings, I massage a drop of hair conditioner (I've used many and find that it doesn't matter which as long as you use just a little) through it after washing and rinse thoroughly. Voila! The brush is like new. Please forgive my rant, but I hate to see companies rip off consumers with products like this. BTW, I clean my BeautyBlender with dishwashing soap and it comes out clean and soft. I suppose you've guessed, if you've read all this (and thank you for sticking it out), that I won't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Omg. Looks like I have a new beauty blender. Gets the bb really clean. Definitely a must have if you hate dirty looking bb's.

it cleans all the gunk that other cleansers were not able to. the downside is the price! expensive for a small product. what i would keep is the packaging (it has the 'scrubber') so that i can get a dupe to be placed in it. makes cleaning easier for my brushes. thanks to the review below mine for the dupe suggestion!

I liked this product very much. It is scentless and cleans my BB very well. At first I was worried cuz it took a lot of pink color out of the blender when I was rinsing it, but I think is normal, now my BB looks brand new again. I have used other kind of soaps, solids and liquids and I think this solid blender cleanser is the one that works better. Even if it is a bit pricey I would buy it again, you need a small amount of product and that's it.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I almost hate to write this review because this product is simply great, but the price is simply ridiculous for what it is and it is the only thing that keeps me from purchasing it. I rec'd this as a 100pt Sephora perk. It gets my sponges and brushes cleaner faster than Dawn. I don't have to spend a ridiculous amount of time rinsing out the soap like I do when I use Dawn ( I use barely a 1/2 drop) in the palm of my hand. Now when I say cleaner...I mean like new spotless. I did 2 sponges and 4 or five brushes in less than five minutes, I kid you not. But really....$16.00 for a bar of soap for my makeup sponges/brushes is irritating to me. 10/13/2015 EDIT: Siiigh, so I did end up buying this on sale. It's just so freakin' good. At the moment I'm using it ONLY on my BB, and using Shea Moisture African soap (which quite honestly doesn't as good a job as quickly) on my brushes until I use it up. Once that is gone I'll make a decision as to whether the BB soap will be my go-to cleanser for everything or not.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I bought this solid cleanser based on the reviews here. I can't for the life of me get my BB completely clean - there's always a circle of foundation left on the fat end of my sponge no matter what cleanser I use. I was hoping this cleanser would solve my problem but it didn't. I followed the instructions and used more product but the only thing that came out of my BB was pink dye, so I'm back to using Dr. Bronner's peppermint liquid soap. It doesn't get my BB completely clean either, but I only paid $10 for the huge bottle at Costco.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought the solid cleanser during a recent VIB sale at Sephora. Previously, I'd use the Pink Soap Artist brush cleanser to wash my brushes and a Sonia Kashuk sponge spray to clean my sponges, but after using this cleaner tonight, I doubt I'll be going back to those. Just one swirl of my brushes and they get thoroughly cleaned, and my BeautyBlender and Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge look good as new. I'll definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Does this work? Yes. Is it worth the money? No. I have found that Dr. Bronner's works just as well at the fraction of the price.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools