beautyblender Solid Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 30-35

3.8

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut acid, Titanium Dioxide, Palmitic Acid, fragrance, Sodium Chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

It is just "fine". And for the price, I'd rather buy just baby shampoo to clean my beauty blender and brushes.

I just love this product. I used to wash my brushes with dish soap (like what some YouTube tutorials and Pinterest-ers do) but it doesn't completely wash the residue make up. Then my sister recommended this product and I just love it! It's kinda pricey but I think a little bit goes a long way. What I do is after I rinse the brush, I gently swish it on the soap and work it to a lather kinda like shampooing hair, and then rinse with lukewarm water. My brushes looked so clean like they're new and soft after. It definitely washes the yucky makeup residues off. Again, it is a little pricey for a small bar of soap, but it is definitely worth it esp if you use your brushes everyday.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely love this - I hate cleaning my brushes but this is so simple. I rinse my brushes under the tap, swirl on the cleanser block and rinse again - even with long lasting foundation and creme blush, it rinses clean. The little soap dish is great as it doesn't get sticky or discoloured. Would definitely repurchase

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

a round bar of soap with a case for $20. yep, I feel I got massively ripped off buying this. To me, it cleans just as well as a bar of soap. I bought this after hearing reviews that it would be gentler on the beautyblender than a regular soap, but it turns the water pink just as much.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite hobbies is researching product ingredients to find or create dupes of overpriced cosmetics. I tried this with the beautyblender solid cleanser, and what I discovered is that it is essentially shaving soap. You know, the kind fancy men and grandpas use with a brush. Here's an ingredient comparison:

Beautyblender solid, 1 oz, $16.50

Herban Cowboy Shave Soap, 2.9 oz, $3.80 on iherb.com:
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Rosmarinus Officinalis (rosemary) Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides.

I bought the Herban Cowboy shave soap, and it works fine. I actually store it in my beautyblender container, where it's easy to access and is able to air dry after use (I store the sponge elsewhere).

The Herban Cowboy soap does smell like a dude, that's the only downside. It's your typical cologne-y, after shave-y fragrance. Not bad, just masculine. Not the lavender of the BB Solid.

If you want a shave soap that has a lavender scent, check out Taylor of Old Bond Street Lavender Shaving Cream Bowl, 5.3 oz. for $15.95. About the same price as the beautyblender, but FIVE TIMES larger. I haven't purchased this one yet because the Herban was just too good a price to pass up and I don't expect to ever use it all up. I might order the Old Bond, though, just for the fragrance.

Here are its ingredients: Aqua, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Lavandul Angustifolia, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 17200, CI 42090

Not as similar to the BB as the Herban Cowboy, but it might work equally well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this with the Beautyblender Pure travel pack (really wanted that Air.port travel case) and I like it a lot more than the regular liquid cleanser. Its compact and doesn't take up much room and you can pack it in your carry on when you fly (a big reason it was made in the first place). It works just as well as the liquid cleanser but uses much less product.

Heres how i use it. I usually clean my beautyblenders when they are dry meaning I wash them right before use instead of after. The reason for this is when the sponge shrinks the makeup is pulled to the surface of the sponge and is easier to remove. I put a little water on the cleansing cake and rub the beauty blender all over it. I repeat this a couple of times until the sponge is covered and then rub the cleanser into the sponge. I then rinse it out and blot out the excess moisture.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools