beautyblender Solid Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.9

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut acid, Titanium Dioxide, Palmitic Acid, fragrance, Sodium Chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I decided to treat myself to one of these, and in all honesty, I should have stuck with what I had been using. With this, I find I have to swirl my beauty blender (the original $20.00 one) over-and-over-and-over again, and it still does not seem to get the beauty blender as clean as some other cleansers do. To me, a basic bar of Ivory soap works as well as this, if not better. But all in all I will stick with Ivory soap and/or other cleansers.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a fair-sized sample of this with a recent Sephora order, so I figured I'd use it to clean my orange Ulta knockoff of the Beautyblender. I will say that it cleaned the sponge just fine...which is what soap should do! I think it has a nice scent, lavender mixed with a bit of aloe vera, but it might be too strong for some. I wouldn't pay full price for this, but I'm happy to use up the sample. Shrug.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Oh my gosh, this reeks of lavender--not my favorite scent because it gives me awful headaches, but I tried the product out anyway. It made absolutely no difference in the way my brushes felt after cleansing (although it rinses easily--I tend to use too much soap when washing them), except for that persistent smell. The price is outrageous, and bar soaps (which is what this is) are prone to bacterial growth (especially when they remain damp in a container), so that's the third strike. I've been cleaning makeup brushes for more than three decades now with most of the recommended or popular cleansers, and have come to the conclusion that as long as you wash and rinse thoroughly and air-dry the brushes fully, it doesn't much matter what you use. Cheap or expensive, natural- or synthetic-fiber brushes--clean is clean. I use clear dishwashing soap on brushes I use with liquid products (it gets every trace of even long-wearing foundation out) and unscented hand soap (Seventh Generation) on all the others. They come out great. If a brush feels rough after several washings, I massage a drop of hair conditioner (I've used many and find that it doesn't matter which as long as you use just a little) through it after washing and rinse thoroughly. Voila! The brush is like new. Please forgive my rant, but I hate to see companies rip off consumers with products like this. BTW, I clean my BeautyBlender with dishwashing soap and it comes out clean and soft. I suppose you've guessed, if you've read all this (and thank you for sticking it out), that I won't repurchase.

It is just "fine". And for the price, I'd rather buy just baby shampoo to clean my beauty blender and brushes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product does a great job of getting your makeup brushes clean. And when it comes time to rinse, this does not bleed suds forever like baby shampoo does. But the price is.....ridiculous. But i went to Michael's and discovered The Master's Brush Cleaner and Preserver.......it works just as well as this beautyblender solid. The same effective cleansing and easy rinsing. But The Master's smells better, and 2.5 oz retails for about $10. So no i would not repurchase this product having discovered a better, cheaper dupe!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this but it's overpriced for what it is. It's a round bar of soap inside a plastic container with a little mini soap dish. It's "just okay." It does cleanse the Beauty Blender and other similar sponges just fine. It's not fabulous or miraculous, it's just okay. It's very expensive and not worth the money. For $5, I would repurchase. It's not worth much more than that. Gentle hand soap or baby shampoo would do the same thing for way less money.

Chalk me up to the enthusiastic group. This stuff leaves my BB sponge and my brushes squeaky clean. Honestly, I tried everything else, including dish washer liquid, and nothing worked as well as this cleanser. I've had my sponge for years (I really should get a new one). In spite of my cleaning it after every use, it became a bit stained. This stuff left it looking new.

Pricey, yes. But I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This works well but does not last long, for the price it is not worth it. I recently bought a couple of Dr. bronner's Magic Soaps in eucalyptus, peppermint, and lavender and let me tell you that these soaps do the same thing as the solid cleanser yet they are only $3.99 and made with organic oils! Honestly save your money and buy the Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap it does wonders. I haven't tried cleaning my brushes with it but it's amazing for the beautyblender!

I got a sample of the solid cleanser in my BirchBox. In comparison to the liquid, I was really impressed. It got all of the product out of my beautyblender as well as any staining, it was also easier to lather.

My only complaint would be that it seems to take a bit of product to work, you also need to keep adding more if you have a lot of build up in your BB. I could see it running out really quick, I don't know if I can spend that much on what is essentially a bar of soap. I might try a bar of dove and see how it works!

I also wish there was a "Maybe" option beside the if you ran out question, lol

I just love this product. I used to wash my brushes with dish soap (like what some YouTube tutorials and Pinterest-ers do) but it doesn't completely wash the residue make up. Then my sister recommended this product and I just love it! It's kinda pricey but I think a little bit goes a long way. What I do is after I rinse the brush, I gently swish it on the soap and work it to a lather kinda like shampooing hair, and then rinse with lukewarm water. My brushes looked so clean like they're new and soft after. It definitely washes the yucky makeup residues off. Again, it is a little pricey for a small bar of soap, but it is definitely worth it esp if you use your brushes everyday.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools