beautyblender Solid Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

4.8

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut acid, Titanium Dioxide, Palmitic Acid, fragrance, Sodium Chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

It is just "fine". And for the price, I'd rather buy just baby shampoo to clean my beauty blender and brushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The beauty blender solid cleaner is awesome. Cleans the sponge as well as brushes incredibly well. For long wearing foundation I have to lather twice but all the product will come out. I do not believe it when people say their BB is stained...it is just still dirty, it can come out with diligent cleansing. I've had a white BB for a year that is still spotless. I've tried similar makeup cleansing bars and the BB one is far superior. The portability of the cleanser and the little container with drainer is great as well. Here comes the BUT....ordinary bar soap works exactly the same at a fraction of the price which is why I will not repurchase, try it!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I practically have nothing but love for this product. Here comes a list of why you need it in your life:

+ Tackles practically every product I've tried, on every sponge or brush I own. If you won't get it all out by just swishing the brush around in the palm of your hand (or on your rubber glove thingy if you use one), then try to add a little water to a cup and swish the brush covered in cleanser around in the water to get /everything/ out, even what's buried deep inside the brush.
+ Lathers well.
+ Smells nice. It has a discreet lavender smell.
+ No parabens or sulfates. You don't want to get that all over your brushes, especially if you're actively avoiding it in your makeup!
+ Lasts a long, long time. For maybe three or four months I've been using it for all my brushes at least once a week, and after every use of my beautyblender, and I have more than three quarters left still!
+ Convenient packaging. Easy to travel with, and takes up very little space on a shelf.

- The price. Still...

Well worth the money spent! I haven't tried the liquid version, but I have a feeling you'll waste a lot less product this way, when you're just dabbing the brush/sponge in this rather than squeezing out liquid. Will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The only thing I will use now to clean not only my beautyblender but also my brushes. It's so quick and easy and leaves my tools squeaky clean.

I just love this product. I used to wash my brushes with dish soap (like what some YouTube tutorials and Pinterest-ers do) but it doesn't completely wash the residue make up. Then my sister recommended this product and I just love it! It's kinda pricey but I think a little bit goes a long way. What I do is after I rinse the brush, I gently swish it on the soap and work it to a lather kinda like shampooing hair, and then rinse with lukewarm water. My brushes looked so clean like they're new and soft after. It definitely washes the yucky makeup residues off. Again, it is a little pricey for a small bar of soap, but it is definitely worth it esp if you use your brushes everyday.

This is the only soap that was able to cleanse my beautyblender, so bravo!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wish there was a "maybe repurchase" button.

This solid cleanser does a great job on cleaning my beautyblender, but also cleans my makeup brushes. I love the set up, with the grate dish to use on my brushes. I just find the price steep.

I have use Philosophy Purity to clean my brushes and sponges in the past, with solid works faster.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you have a beautyblender you must get it! I haven't tried their liquid cleanser but this solid one beats any of the cleansers I have tried so far on my beautyblender. Even if I am lazy and don't wash it for a couple of days (using my EL double-wear light, which is hard to wash out) it's a matter of 1 minute to make my beautyblender look brand new (okay, nearly brand new but without stains). People who don't like lavender will definitely dislike the scent but I love it, so no problem there! It's going to last a very long time, so I can't complain about the price either. Will absolutely buy it again!

I held off on buying the official beauty blender cleaner for a long time because I was convinced I could find something else that would keep my sponge clean for cheaper. After trying a bunch of different things (regular soap, face wash, baby shampoo, brush cleaner, etc), I broke down and bought the cleanser. I was looking for the liquid cleanser, but this is the only one they had at my sephora, so I decided to give it a shot. I actually can't believe how well it works ... the foundation stains on my sponge pretty much disappeared after one use, and it actually felt clean

Pros:
- lathers nicely
- very travel friendly
- does an amazing job at cleaning the beauty blender
- quick, easy, and mess free to use

Cons:
- expensive for a simple cleanser
- first few times you use it, also see some of the pink colouring from the sponge wash out in the dirty water

Overall, I would recommend this in a heartbeat. It makes my sponge look and feel cleaner than any other cleanser i've tried, and it's gentle on the sponge.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools