beautyblender Solid Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.1

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut acid, Titanium Dioxide, Palmitic Acid, fragrance, Sodium Chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a fair-sized sample of this with a recent Sephora order, so I figured I'd use it to clean my orange Ulta knockoff of the Beautyblender. I will say that it cleaned the sponge just fine...which is what soap should do! I think it has a nice scent, lavender mixed with a bit of aloe vera, but it might be too strong for some. I wouldn't pay full price for this, but I'm happy to use up the sample. Shrug.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product works. It got rid of the built up foundation - I'm guilty of not washing my brushes/sponge every week. It cleaned out all my heavy foundation build up really nicely.

The only con is the price - but I would definitely buy it again since it works way better than any alternative I've tried so far and still seems cost efficient.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I'm a real stickler when it comes to cleaning my brushes. I like them CLEAN. When I got the small solid that came with my beauty blender I ignored it for a few weeks because I thought my previous methods were fine. Well I ran out of what I was using so I whipped this puppy out and cleaned away. Not only was I amazed at how much product came off the brushes I had been using, I was appalled by what had come off the brushes I hadn't even used since washing them last! Also it removed all foundation stains from my beauty blenders new and old. I love this thing and bought the full size immediately.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is incredible for cleansing the beautyblender sponge. I tried the liquid beauty blender cleanser, and not only did it smell awful, it didn't thoroughly clean my sponge. I tried hand soap and other brush cleaners, but they all left behind foundation stains as well, even after lengthy cleansing which took forever to rinse out. I don't know what it is about this formulation, but it WORKS, and fast. Just wet your beauty blender, rub the areas with stains into the solid cleanser, squeeze the sponge to create a lather and rinse. Best of all, this rinses clean quickly (you won't be rinsing suds forever like if you had used hand soap). I will always have this on hand, and will try it on my brushes as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do own a beautyblender so my original intention was to use it solely for the beautyblender. When I was checking out, the sales associate as Sephora also told me that she uses it for her brushes and it works amazingly as well, so I decided to try that as well.

As far as it goes for cleaning the beautyblender, I thought it did much better than traditional soap or a traditional brush cleaner. Keep in mind that I don't own the liquid version of this soap so it is in no way a comparison. The first time I used it, I have to admit it was slightly difficult since there are no real instructions and I didn't want to go through it so quickly. It does clean the foundation off very well. It doesn't clean off the stains but I wasn't too worried with that.

As it goes for brushes, I thought it cleaned them very well. I thought it cleaned it very thoroughly. I don't use it for all my brushes, just foundation brushes and ones that are slightly harder to clean. I think it cleans them fairly well but I don't know how quickly it ends up using the soap as I've only done it a few times.

All in all, I do like it. I usually don't like to purchase specific cleaners but I thought that the solid soap was worth the price.

I used to love another brush shampoo until I tried this one on a brush that just wouldn't get clean. This stuff is amazing, and worth every penny. I'll continue to use this for my brushes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thanks to ToSirWithLove for putting me onto Herban Cowboy Shave Soap ($4/2.9 oz @iHerb.com) Same ingredients but has a patchouli/sandalwood scent! The scent isnt bad and it fades after a while. HC cleans my sponges and brushes (natural hair and synthetic) perfectly! Lathers nicely and rinses squeaky clean. I store it in a little Tupperware thingie to keep it dry.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite hobbies is researching product ingredients to find or create dupes of overpriced cosmetics. I tried this with the beautyblender solid cleanser, and what I discovered is that it is essentially shaving soap. You know, the kind fancy men and grandpas use with a brush. Here's an ingredient comparison:

Beautyblender solid, 1 oz, $16.50

Herban Cowboy Shave Soap, 2.9 oz, $3.80 on iherb.com:
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Rosmarinus Officinalis (rosemary) Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides.

I bought the Herban Cowboy shave soap, and it works fine. I actually store it in my beautyblender container, where it's easy to access and is able to air dry after use (I store the sponge elsewhere).

The Herban Cowboy soap does smell like a dude, that's the only downside. It's your typical cologne-y, after shave-y fragrance. Not bad, just masculine. Not the lavender of the BB Solid.

If you want a shave soap that has a lavender scent, check out Taylor of Old Bond Street Lavender Shaving Cream Bowl, 5.3 oz. for $15.95. About the same price as the beautyblender, but FIVE TIMES larger. I haven't purchased this one yet because the Herban was just too good a price to pass up and I don't expect to ever use it all up. I might order the Old Bond, though, just for the fragrance.

Here are its ingredients: Aqua, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Lavandul Angustifolia, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 17200, CI 42090

Not as similar to the BB as the Herban Cowboy, but it might work equally well.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools