beautyblender Solid Cleanser

Filtered by age: 25-29

4.3

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut acid, Titanium Dioxide, Palmitic Acid, fragrance, Sodium Chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This soap does clean out the BB really well and leaves it squeaky clean. The downside is that it's super drying and my hands were covered in little eczema patches after using this for 3 days. Yes, 8 moisturised, and no, it didn't get appreciably better until I stopped using this.

It's also horribly overpriced. If you have a look at the ingredients in this soap, it's basically plain old vegetable soap. The free hotel soap I got from Novotel in New Zealand has almost the exact same ingredients, with the difference being in the last few ingredients, which, as everyone knows, are usually present in such tiny amounts that it has little impact on the effect of the product. Just google "vegetable soap" and compare the ingredients of that to this Solid Cleanser, you'll see what I mean.

I also find that regular bar soap works just as well in cleaning out the BB- I wash it after every use and it's still spotless.

Would definitely not repurchase!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I don't have a beauty blender or sponges, but thought having this on my vanity would make me more inclined to clean my makeup brushes regularly. I don't like it at all. It's messy and doesn't get the makeup out of my brushes well at all. I'm returning to my tried and true DIY brush cleaner (dish soap + olive oil) and threw this away.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I got this for free while purchasing my original beauty blender on a cruise to stockholm last year. Still lasts me and probably until 6 month from now. Quite durable and stronger than normal soaps. The soap bar alone costs 16e on land, not sure if I want to spend that much even if this cleans beauty blender really well everyday. And make up brushes but I'd rather be using make up shampoo by kicks.

I bought the Dr bronner's soap just in case this runs out as a replacement. Been hearing raves of the dupe. Let's see if it's all that worth it. Its just a little cheaper in finland afterall.

it cleans all the gunk that other cleansers were not able to. the downside is the price! expensive for a small product. what i would keep is the packaging (it has the 'scrubber') so that i can get a dupe to be placed in it. makes cleaning easier for my brushes. thanks to the review below mine for the dupe suggestion!

It's a great product, gets sponge very clean - however it is a very small bar for the price. At first I tried other commercial bar soaps and they didn't seem to work. Then I looked in the ingredients and realise that it contains glycerin. I believe that is the ingredient that allows this soap to get the bb very clean. Commercial bar soaps usually have the glycerin extracted in the soap making process. However bar soaps made using cold process would still retain its glycerin. So if you are looking for a cheaper dupe, look for soaps with glycerin in the ingredients. Bar soaps sold at health food stores tend to not have had the glycerin removed and would work just as well. Some baby soap products also have glycerin added. So save some $$ and choose a dupe instead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The only thing I will use now to clean not only my beautyblender but also my brushes. It's so quick and easy and leaves my tools squeaky clean.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product works. It got rid of the built up foundation - I'm guilty of not washing my brushes/sponge every week. It cleaned out all my heavy foundation build up really nicely.

The only con is the price - but I would definitely buy it again since it works way better than any alternative I've tried so far and still seems cost efficient.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this -- only taking off a lippie cos for not so much product, you're paying a pretty penny.
That being said, brushes are an investment and anything that alleviates some of the anxiety of cleaning a pile of them is worth it!

-pleasant smell
(some may not even notice it - I noticed that it didn't have an obnoxious, migraine-inducing chemical smell that I've experienced with another brush cleaner)
-makes QUICK work of cleaning HOT MESS brushes
(the beautyblender you've waited a week to wash after applying Kardashian amounts of concealer.. or that bronzer brush in the back of the drawer that you justify doesn't need to be washed often 'cos it's only touching your neck and collarbone..)
-removes the "big production" out of the cleaning process
(this one is kinda priceless if you're like me and associate dread with cleaning face brushes)

*Cleaning out under the sink one day, I found a LUSH shampoo bar that I'd been given and never used. The container reminded me of the BB Solid one so I got a wild hair up my you-know-what and decided to see if I could clean some brushes with it. It worked great but I will say that the BB cleanser did the job more quickly and I venture to bet would do the job much more efficiently for heavily soiled brushes. But for brushes that just need a light cleaning, the LUSH bar is another great option.

This is the only soap that was able to cleanse my beautyblender, so bravo!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff, everything others have said and more. I own 3 beautyblenders for personal use and just bought a micromini too. I'm able to easily clean all of them in under 5 minutes, which helps me avoid procrastinating.

I used my sponges to apply self tanner to my face and the self tanner stained them, which is when I bought this. It does take some of it off but also removes some of the color, leading to a weathered look.

One caveat that I do have is that the formula is so deep cleansing that it dries out my hands even more than dish soap. I feel like I need to put moisture gloves and a hand mask on afterwards every single time.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools