Embryolisse Secret de Maquilleurs BB Cream SPF 20

Embryolisse Secret de Maquilleurs BB Cream SPF 20

on 12/2/2015 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really enjoy this product with a key caveat -

Its a strange warm color (which European brands seem to love) that I don't believe will suit all skin tones. I am about an NW20-25 and couldn't wear this alone at least not in the wintertime when I'm closer to NW20. I do, however, very much like to use it to color correct my whitening high ZO% sunscreens. In that respect, it does the job beautifully as it brings my skin tone back to human levels. I can apply those with abandon & then apply this over in a light layer and its like I have nothing on my face, just glorious skin.

I never would use this for SPF alone, but I do very much enjoy its pore blurring, lightweight formula. Plus the slimline tube is awesome for travel (why can't more brands put their products into these types of tubes?) and doesn't take up a lot of precious counter space. Its not particularly dewy, gives more of a satin to matte finish which I don't mind as it means I don't have to use a powder to set.

As always with Embryolisse products, this is horredously marked up in the US. If you, however, are looking for a color corrector for your whitening SS, this is a good one to try.

Undiscovered holy grail for mature oily skin types. Covers effectively without feeling heavy or slick. Skin feels exceptionally soft. No gathering in creases, prolonged matt effect - so difficult to find without being cakey. I may be lucky in that my medium skin tone matches this one colour only product perfectly so I do not appear to be wearing makeup at all. Years of searching have brought me to this BB cream with the added benefit of SPF.
Only downer is the heavy price tag for a small size tube. I keep it for 'best'.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have Secret de Maquilleurs Voile Illuminateur de Teint, BB Cream with SPF 20.

The texture is thick and somewhat feels like applying on a facial mask. It goes on very nice when using my fingers. It doesn't feel heavy, but it cannot cover an angry red breakout. I don't think it made my skin look luminous, but it made my skin feel so soft like a new born baby.

The color is too dark for my skin type and this is where I am struggling to rave about this product. Clearly, the texture has the signature Embryolisse formulation that it is known for, but this product comes in only one color and it is not light enough and probably not good for dark olive skin and darker.

As for the SPF 20, I am disappointed that the sun protection coverage is not higher with no promise of both UVA & UVB protection, including the famous PA rating is not shown.

This does not clog your pores and I've discovered you can apply on more and there is bit more coverage without a buildup look and I think that is very impressive. The overall coverage does give an even look on your skin.

I may come back to update, because it isn't hot here yet, and I want to see how well this BB Cream will sit on my face on a very hot day.

on 4/5/2013 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Crème Embryolisse secret de maquilleurs sublime votre teint is a compact crème foundation. It is sheer but opaque. It applies smoothly over the godsend moisturiser by the same name..... I find it covers my (badly) sun-damaged capillaries very well without looking built up or cakey. Like most things, chuck out the sponge that comes with it - a foundation brush is MUCH better. I love the look this gives my skin - despite being quite matte, it appears glowy from within. RAVE product. It is SPF 20, which is a plus as well!