Algenist Gentle Rejuvenating Cleanser

No Image

4.2

I had a horrible reaction to another skincare product (a lightening gel from another brand that sucked all moisture from my skin). In my attempt to get my skin back to normal I found this cleanser. It made a difference almost immediately. It is very creamy but with a little bit of a foamy feel. I use it with my Clarisonic in the morning and just with my hands at night. It leaves my skin very soft but also very clean. I have been using it for two weeks and I think I found my HG!

on 4/20/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cleanser is fantastic. I used it in the evening to remove all my make-up. I don't use foundation but it removes all my eye makeup like a champ. It floams beautifully and doesn't strip my skin. It's soft and cleansed... left glowing. I'm very happy with this and just repurchased.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have struggled with acne breakouts in the past from both hormones and working out, I do have it under control for the most part with retin-a but I do have to be very careful about what I put on my face. I feel like so many products break me out but this has kept my skin clear through it all. I was hesitant to try this product since I have very sensitive skin. I decided to try the cleanser. I highly recommend it, especially if you have sensitive skin like me!!!
It's non-drying, super creamy, and leaves the skin clean without the tightness of some cleansers. I use this at night with my clarisonic, and in the morning by itself! It has been a miracle worker for my combination skin! This actually really rocks with the clarisonic!!
This cleanser is thick - so you only use a small amount, goes on smooth and rinses away completely. The price isn't bad at all since it cuts out the added expense of needing a toner and that a little goes a long way with this. The lather created by this cleanser can only be described as luxurious!! My skin is left feeling fresh, clean and dewy - not stripped, dry or tight. This has a soapy smell to it which took me a couple days to get over, but when you see the results it's well worth it. The price isn't bad considering a lot goes a long way. My skin just seems more radiant to me. Love this stuff

What it is formulated to do:
This deep-acting daily facial wash gently cleanses the skin without irritation or dryness, removing impurities and makeup for revived, radiant, and younger-looking skin. Alguronic Acid, a microalgae-derived ingredient and antiaging powerhouse, provides unique and powerful regenerative skincare properties.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Triclosan

on 2/19/2014 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This along with my olay brush at night removes all my makeup and my skin feels amazing smooth and not stripped, you only need a little too so it's worth the cost for me. I'm very sensitive acne prone and most cleansers dry me out terribly , not this one.

on 9/17/2013 8:06:00 AM

I got this free as part of a promotion so can't comment on the price (but it is $25.00 for 4oz which seems to me to be very expensive for something that will be washed down the drain).

This is a rich, foaming cleanser which feels very nice on my skin, cleanses well and doesn't leave my face feeling stripped. I love how much this foams from just a small amount and it rinses without leaving a film behind. I can't say I have noticed a 'rejuvenating' effect but it does cleanse well so in that respect it does its job.

I wouldn't buy this again as there are so many gentle cleansers available that it doesn't make sense to pay so much for this when you can get much cheaper ones that are just as good.

Ingredients from the Sephora website: Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Hamamelis Virginiana Water (Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water), Algae Exopolysaccharides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract (Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract), Citrus Medica Limonum Fruit Extract (Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Fruit Extract (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract), Saccharum Officinarum Extract (Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract), Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract (Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract), Jojoba Alcohol, Potassium Jojobate, Glycerin, Lauryl Lactyl Lactate, Butylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin.

on 7/30/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Man my skin is crazy, at last found a cleanser that seems to work well for my normal, breakout prone skin. Takes off all my makeup, without overly drying out my skin. Follow up with a rich moisturizer.On my second tube, that's something in my book.. Even though I did stray on to other products, but learnt my lesson and came back to this product. For now it seems to work.
UPDATE**** 1 Just finished my 2'nd tube, that is something for me.
UPDATE**** 2 Finished my 3'rd tube.

on 5/13/2013 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I know it's an anti-aging product, so I don't know if it's fair to review this based on me, but I will for anyone out there who's similar to me. I had originally gone to Sephora to pick up a new cleanser since my old one ran out. I told the sales representative that I had sensitive (easily red), oily, acne-prone skin, and that I was looking for a cleanser to combat all of that. She immediately brought me over to the Algenist section, and told me even though these are anti-aging products, they fit perfectly for what I needed as well. According to her, it was a very gentle, non-abrasive, bacteria-killing wash. I guess it's a bit my fault, since I'm a sucker for new products. Anyway, I took the cleanser and the moisturizer home. The first time I used it, the chemical smell was overwhelming. It lathered up nicely, but I felt like my skin was dirty afterwards. My face was red and blotchy, and extremely dried out- something the moisturizer did nothing to help. I gave it one more try the next morning, but I couldn't stand the tight feeling. PLUS, it made me break out. I just gave it to my mom. What a waste of money.

on 4/7/2013 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have congested skin and this product along with the clarisonic mia is a God send. The creamy texture works well with the clarisonic and it gets rid of any makeup my Bioderma leaves behind. The outcome after using this product is glowing skin. Well worth it :)

on 4/5/2013 10:07:00 AM

Possibly my new HG. I have been using this in place of my regular cleanser for a couple of months, trying to decide if it was worth the price tag ($25 for 4oz) or if it's just a basic foaming cleanser. Because it really does seem very basic and straightforward, but over time I saw my skin was getting softer and brighter and smoother. Lathers up nicely, rinses off easily, and cleanses without drying. And there is an immediate brightening effect after rinsing too. It is very gentle. In fact, I think this is one of those products that would work well on most skin types. As for removing makeup, I only used this for makeup removal a couple of times, and I really don't think it's up for the job. Especially if you need to remove strong waterproof eye makeup, something different should be used for that. So I only use this as my "wake up" cleanser, and it's been great. I have been enjoying glowing, healthy, happy skin. I am so impressed with the improvement in my skin's overall appearance that I've decided to buy another tube. This one's a winner- recommended!

**09/29/13 EDIT*** Just ordered my 3rd tube of this cleanser, it is definitely my HG.