L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre

L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre
Feria Wild OmbreOmbre Hair-L'Oreal Wild OmbreFeria Wild Ombre

2.2

on 4/16/2016 11:14:00 AM

Awful. Just plain awful. I had used this 3 years ago or whenever it first came out and it worked GREAT! They must have changed the formula or something though because...I Just decided to try it again yesterday because my hair is now back to the length and color where an ombre would look nice. Followed all the directions and my hair came out orange/red and I look like a clown. It looks hideous and whats worse is that the ends are dry, brittle, crunchy, and hard to get a comb through. I just had to make an appointment with my hair salon and the earliest I can get in there is next week so I have to live with this disaster on my head in the meantime just wear my hair up and do intense masks for the damaged ends I guess. My advice is not to try this product...it does NOT work as advertised and if you can afford to go to a salon and get an ombre done do that instead because this SUCKS. Thanks for ruining my hair :(

I purchased this in the box that was targeted to people with dark brown to soft black hair.My intention was to use this kit to add subtle highlights to my dark, virgin hair.

I followed all the directions, sectioned my hair and left it in for 45 mins (the maximum time). I probably added 20-25 half-inch highlights throughout my hair. Once I washed the product out I realized that my hair did not get lighter at all. Overall, my hair is now EXTREMELY dry, brittle and damaged in the sections that I did apply this too. I don't recommend this product for people with dark hair even though that is the target audience that this is marketed to. I have the damage of bleached hair without the color change. Thanks L'Oreal!

I have medium brown hair, but because I've dyed it red toned in the past there are still hints of a red time in my hair.
Using this kit I expected it wouldn't go as blonde as I had had it dip dyed before (before I put red in it), and I was correct, the lighter "blonde" is somewhat copper toned on me. However I did buy a purple shampoo (Pro:Voke touch of silver) which will hopefully sort that out.
I used the kit how the video online explained, applying it to the ends first so they got the blondest then worked it up.. However that didn't really work for me, the colour is the same everywhere
I do really like it though, and for 6 it's really worth it. My ends don't feel dry or horrible, so I would recommend this to someone who wants a slightly lighter colour :)

I have long, light to medium brown hair and I thought I'd give the ombre look a try because I absolutely loved the idea of changing things up for summer. After choosing the correct shade and applying as the instructions said, I would NOT recommend using this product. Yes, the ombre effect was great and it was an easy dye to use but I could tell shortly after applying a small bit that the product was completely burning my hair to a crisp. I chose to use the black comb that was provided and I believe it had a lot to do with my hair resulting in the worst split ends. This product burnt my hair and left it very stringy and stretchy. My hair now has major breakage and I have spent so much money just to start a new protein and moisture routine. I've also had to have more of my hair cut off that I wish I would've been able to keep and I know that there is more to be cut off in the future just to get my hair back into the healthy shape it was before use of this product.

on 4/16/2013 9:03:00 PM

I bought the one for dark brown hair and it worked out really nicely. I applied it to the very bottoms quite thickly and then lightly blended it upwards. I have extremely long hair and I had quite a bit left. Unfortunately I have very red undertones to my hair so it went pretty brassy, but I used L'oreal brass banisher and that solved that.

I would repurchase it again, but I don't think I'll really need to - by time this grows out the ombre trend will likely be gone haha. But its a really nice look for summer, lightens your hair without damaging all of it (I'll probably just cut the ends right off in the fall, so wasn't too worried about damage. As I said, my hair is super long).

only con: the little brush applicator didn't apply it very evenly, I actually just used my gloves after a bit. Also it does not come with a conditioner - it comes with shampoo. I found that incredibly odd. luckily I have a good conditioner so It didn't dry my hair out too badly.

Video Reviews & Tutorials