L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre
Feria Wild OmbreOmbre Hair-L'Oreal Wild OmbreFeria Wild Ombre

2.9

This is bad. I used this on my whole head for a bleached look, my hair was ash blonde btw, it turned out orange! Like strawberry blonde! I was extremely dissapointed, I had to dye my hair the next day :( I've seen some really nice outcomes with this but yeah not for my texture of hair

My hair - Long, dark brunette with natural gold warmth, naturally curly and VERY thick, has been dyed brown plenty of times - had semi permanent red in the past, and has been dyed ombre before, then covered again using permanent John Frieda Foam Precision.
I've been styling my hair for years, I used to let it dry naturally then straighten it, then I blow dried and straightened, no I use the Babyliss Hot Brush and it leave's me with smooth and shiny big curls which last until I wash it. So all in all - a really love/hate relationship!

So... I fancied a change and I knew I would regret cutting my hair short, dying my hair blonde is a no go - too much maintenence and it probably wouldn't suit me. So... I decided to do the ombre thing once more! I picked up the box which is for dark hair and I sectioned my hair in layers from bottom to top, applying it using the applicator brush until half of my hair was covered, then I left the gloves on and kept twisting the ends of my hair whilst the cream did it's work and I left it for the full 45 minutes.

Once washed, I worried my hair had gone ginger... and when it's wet it does look ginger. As soon as it was dry the contrast was quite shocking but luckily I had managed to avoid getting any blunt lines of colour (hurrah!). My housemate was sure it did not look ginger and that it looked really nice...

The next day I did some research and by the sounds of it it is inevitable that a brown to blonde at home colour job would risk 'brassy' tones especially when it has been dyed brown so many times in the past. I'm over a week into the new look now and I've really grown to love it, my hair is a nice caramel tone and there are a little strands coming up higher around my face which look really nice... It doesn't look natural.. cos how could it!? But it looks subtle compared to most other ombre looks I've seen on the street and it's a really nice change to my usual long brunette curls.

So, I had serious doubts about this bc box colors & I have a love/hate relationship. Lol. So I tried it anyways and have a mediumish brown color already. I just caked it on the ends first so it'd be light then brushed it up, like blended it all over and...THIS STUFF IS AWESOME! It turned out really cool and on my dark hair, gave me a light caramel ombré color! I would definitely use this again and the bleach didn't even fry my ends!

on 10/11/2013 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ooooook. Overall I liked this product. I've used it twice. The first time I used it was when I already had an ombre and used this product to brighten it up a bit without taking a crunch to my wallet. It turned out pretty nice: D
Unfortunately the damage from the first ombre ( which I got done at Aveda, which they did an awesome job) fried my ends so I got it chopped off and went to a darker color.
So after a year of being with dark color, I wanted to do something different with my hair. I got the wild ombre. HERE'S WHERE THE BAD COMES IN. The ombre itself looked good. Pretty good for me doing it myself and pretty quick. But...that harsh brush is not a good idea! Whoever invented it I just want to kick. That thing pulled my hair out. So now my hair is thinner and I'm taking biotin and wear hair extensions until I get my fullness back. Beware of that brush.

on 9/26/2013 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have really long brunette hair, i bought this when it came out in the uk about September time last year. Its easy to use and i have since used it a further two times and the colour is alot lighter now. I left the colour on for about an hour each time and wrapped the hair with the colour on in tinfoil so it reacted better. The first time you use it, it does only change the colour very suttle so you may need to use it more than once but not too ofen as the bleach will ruin your hair x

on 9/1/2013 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AWFUL PRODUCT.
This product ruined my hair! I have very long thick hair and dip dyed the ends hoping to achieve a nice ombre look! At first I loved it but 2 or 3 weeks later, my hair started falling out and it became insanely dry. Nothing would put the moisture back in my hair! I would strongly recommend to anyone NOT to use this product if you love your shiny soft hair unless your really desperate for the ombre look! However the packaging this product came in was very manageable and made it extremely easy to put onto my hair.

Well - this wasn't horrible, but yet, not fabulous. I have very forgiving hair when it comes to home coloring; I have successfully used a lot of the products out there, including Feria. I have also successfully highlighted my hair over my all-over color w/ no problems.

I purchased 070 (for dark blond to light brown hair.) For reference, I had just colored last week w/ Revlon Colorsilk Luxurious Butter so my hair was a light brown. I have one of those bobs, shorter in the back w/ angled longer layers towards the front - the longest being about an inch below my chin. I have a lot of hair but its fine, straight and limp w/out product.

As I said, my hair is usually very forgiving when it comes to color or highlighting application. Not so w/ this product. I could have sworn I had even application on both sides of my head = nope, one side is definitely lighter than the other. As far as application itself, not difficult IMHO, but the brush needs to be improved - the bristles are set too far apart - lots of product sinks down into the bottom of the brush and therefore doesn't get onto hair. If the bristles were more densely packed, the product would stay more on top = easier to actually get product onto hair.

The "conditioning shampoo" included SUCKED!! I normally LOVE the included conditioners (Revlon Colorsilk is my favorite -the smell is divine), but this stuff = I recommend using your own conditioner after or you may end up w/ extremely dry hair - there was nothing conditioning about it!

I found someone's review somewhere that said she applied to bottom-most part first, left on for 15 minutes, then applied a bit higher up to get that graduated effect. I don't have that long of hair, so I just did from the ear down in 1 fail swoop. The left side looks pretty good, but as I mentioned above, the right side has far less visible results. The color - I like how it turned out doesn't look orange or brassy, just a nice, neutral blonde.

Will I re-purchase? Yes, I will try 1 more time...and if those results end up less than stellar, then I will give up. However, going to wait until June to give my hair a break. :)