L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre

3.5

on 7/21/2016 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm so so so sorry of reading all these bad reviews of this product! But I feel like giving my two cents about what could be the problem. Here in Italy, Wild Ombres are sold in the "Preference" section of L'oreal, which has always been, at least around here, the "classiest" version of their shades, with colours appropriate for mature women, nothing crazy or unusual, and good quality colours. They're also usually the most expensive hair dyes in the aisle everywhere (from 10 to 15 euros). But if I look for Wild ombres abroad, they're sold under the "Feria" section, which has disappeared in the last 10 years from Italian cosmetic aisles ( I've been a years long fan of the R57 shade as I succeeded in turning it in a bright fuxia - oh I was so young and punk) for no apparent reason. I should take a look at the Preferences formula and compare it to the Feria's formula, you never know.

Anyway, let's talk about my relation to this. I've been using it every month for the last two years, and it's primary for my signature hair look: brown base, ombre from eyes to ends (my hair are about 16 inches long). I never ever ever had a single problem with it: it delivers perfectly, creating a lovely ombre progression as they fade in blonde on the ends. I've always used the shade n. 02 (short bob-haired model on the box) and always succeeded to look like the picture on the box. The first times I dyed my husband did it for me, and he was quite good at it, until one day he started to feel like Pollock and did random strikes of bleach - justifying with something like "Hey but it looks more natural if it's random". AS IF!!!). So I brought the shame with me for a month and then, at the first sight of white hair, I started doing on my own with excellent results. Last time I did it (yesterday,hey hey!) I tried a balayage technique but I got bored after the first 2-3 locks.

It lasts the whole time you need between a dye and the next one. I usually do my brown base on full hair, and then follow the slightly lighter colour for granting continuity in my look. I never use the same brown base as it really just needs to provide contrast and it always fades and becomes dull, so I go for cheaper choices (apart from Frank Provost dye. It sucks sucks sucks SUCKS so hard it's unbelievable). This time it's more on a orange-ish side, nothing noticeable, but I'm 100% sure it's due to the base colour (yo Frank Provost, quit doing hair s**t and go feed cows and pigs). Next time will be perfect as usual.

on 1/30/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have dark brown hair but I used this in #80 because my trusty and adored Revlon Frost and Glow would only take me to the orange stage (20V apparently doesn't cut it anymore since I have layers and layers of brown dye, this kit comes with a 30v developer). The smell is pretty strong but it works and it works fast, like 10-20 minutes and I'm blonde, the shampoo is nice and creamy. I started with ombre but turned into a balyage when I was trying to fix the glowing orange that Revlon gave me. The brush is pretty genius, you can use it sideways or straight up for different effects and it works very well, I'm saving it for quick touch ups, will definitely buy this kit again when it's time to touch up my ombre/balyage. I toned it over the same day with Colorsilk because I don't like the color that hair has with straight up bleach.

on 10/19/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought a Blonde Ombre and the Red Ombre from CVS on a whim. I used the Blonde first because I thought that if I messed it up, I could just cover it with the Red. The main problem I came across with the Blonde is that I did NOT realize it was a bleaching kit, or I otherwise wouldn't have gotten it. Bleach fries my hair, and makes it tangled. I was a little let down by that, but I figured I had already spent the money, so I might as well continue. As I was putting the Bleach through my hair, it got gradually harder to run the precision comb through my hair, and it became nothing more than a tool to pull my hair out with each pass through my hair. At the end, I was left on the verge of tears and I really only finished my hair and got in the shower because my scalp was aching and I was becoming more and more frustrated. The Blonde came out yellow in some parts and bleach blonde in the others, and it really doesn't look very natural. Also, there's really no Ombre look, but more of a look of a poor attempt at a dip-dye. No gradiance, just a straight line of an uneven Blonde. I've dyed my hair before, and I think this is one of the worst dye jobs I've ever come out with.

Today, I dyed my hair with the Red Ombre because I'm tired of this hideous Blonde that I've had for about 2 days. On the box, it states that if you have previously dyed your hair, the red color may not be as vibrant as you'd like. I accepted that, but I did not think it would come out a Halloween orange, which it did. I think it has something to do with the shampoo they give you, because my hair WAS a darker shade of red until I washed it out with the shampoo. Ultimately, I'm not satisfied at all with either of these products, and I'm going to run to CVS sometime this week and buy a solid color to cover this mess up. It really looks horrible in my opinion, and its the last time I will attempt to do an Ombre look using these colors. I'm sure you could pull it off using another product that isn't meant for Ombre, but Loreal is really just selling a Bleaching kit with a tool that could yank some people's hair out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The Good: This product is easy to use. In order to get a natural look, I recommend pulling up the top layer of your hair. Once that is done, dye about 3/4 inch of the bottom layer of hair. Leave on for 5 minutes. Then continue move up higher little by little. This way you get a much more natural progression rather than a harsh line. I also added a streak in my bangs and a few peek-a-boo balayage highlights (see photo). I loved the way the color turned out.

The Bad: My tips are fried. I needed a hair cut anyway, but now I'm going to have to cut off a good inch more than I wanted :( Plus it means I'm cutting off all of the ombre!

Love the look, but beware the burn!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This overall is terrible for a DIY ombré hair as the formula itself does not lighten. However, one good thing came out of this: the brush. If you can use it correctly with your own store-bought bleach (I got some at Sally's) it is terrific and creates a beautiful blend and fade. I would assume you could use any brush with similar bristles but I since I bought it, I have this now!

on 4/8/2013 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I loved this. I'm extremely fair skinned with natural almost-black hair and i look awful blonde but this was life changing. I personally think that the ombre look is on its way out so instead i used this dye to create a reverse obmre (light on top, dark on bottom) and it turned out very well! I was skeptical because I usually prefer to mix my own dye with my favorite developer from sallys. I purchased the one made specifically for dark hair and prayed that it would turn out. I applied it, opting not to use the little black comb it comes with and let it sit for the appropriate amount of time. once it was washed out and my hair was dry I took the time to examine it and all I can say is that this product is the best. It turned out a perfect caramel color, with no brassy tones and my hair looks amazing and very trendy. I may not dislike box dyes as much as i thought I did, I may actually repurchase. Who knows if I'll go back to mixing my own color again.

Popular Hair Color Products