L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre

Filtered by hair type : Straight
L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre
Feria Wild OmbreOmbre Hair-L'Oreal Wild OmbreFeria Wild Ombre

3.0

Overall, this kit is not bad. It comes with everything you need to give your hair an ombre effect but I just do not like this color on myself. This kit did not damage my hair. The directions were very easy to follow. I do plan to dye my hair red. Check out my youtube video to see the before and after.

I brought this ombre kit because I was bored of my dark hair and I was feeling a little adventurous. I brought this for under $5 and I brought 040 for soft black hair. This kit is pretty much bleach in a box. It came with a plastic brush which you use to apply the bleach and you are not suppose to leave it on for more than 45 minutes. It was very easy to use. I mixed the bleach powder with the developer, shake it up and then used the brush to apply. There are no rules on how to apply, you apply to your liking. I applied on the top layers of my hair.

I don't like the orange tone in my hair but I should have known better after seeing the bleaching powder.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have short, dark black, and coarse hair strands. Personally, I found my experience with this product okay. Just a note though, that this was my first time dyeing my own hair. I would not advise anyone with short hair to ombre their hair themselves; it's really difficult! I bet dyeing a whole head of hair would be easier because you don't have to worry about gradation and length etc. For me, the colour did show up but just a warning that it can appear a bit brassy for those with black hair. It was a brown-orange shade. Copper tone?
I also realized that you have to apply the product fast. Don't take too long to apply the bleach on certain locks of hair. Otherwise, some locks will turn out a lot lighter than others. I had to do 2 applications to get it right. Overall, this is an okay product for more experienced dyers and those with longer hair. For short haired girls, I recommend going to a salon to get it done. :)

P.S. This product is not good to store. It ended up foaming and overflowing everywhere. I even stored half of it in an empty medicine container, and the whole thing expanded. I thought it was going to explode.

It worked, but there are better ways to do this. I wouldn't re-use this kit for a few specific reasons.

I believe the conditioner has toner in it because it's this honey-glazed color and once my hair was finally brightened from two kits, one after another, the toner did a good job of making it this strange, darker yellow tone. I have no clue why they wouldn't let you know that but I'd trash the conditioner, please don't make the mistake I did and end up wasting your time because of it. I had to spend another half an hour shampooing the toner out.

I needed to use two kits in order for my hair to be lightened enough(I used the medium-blond shade) and still wasn't too happy because it was an off-yellow, borderline "bad dye job." I've seen this work really well on some people and I thought my hair would take to it better since I haven't been dying it for years, but maybe you need 100% virgin hair for it to act properly. I was happy with it, but had to do way too much work to achieve it.

I had no red in my hair so I've no clue why it took to this yellowy, strange shade. I really recommend trying something with diluted bleach a few times until you get to the shade you're looking for because the ombre style itself isn't difficult to achieve and this kit will just hold your hair back from lightening with its weird, additional toner.

I'm not going to repurchase when I need to re-do my dye job next, which will be soon. I've had ombre hair from this kit for about 2 months but it has darkened considerably. Not a terrible product but makes an easy dye job contain too many steps with a weakened result and still a decent helping of to-be-expected after-damage.

on 10/29/2013 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really like dying the ends of my hair because if I don't like the color, I can just cut it off right away. I decided to try out the ombre look, but I didn't want to go to my hairstylist who charges $50, which is a lot of money to me. I got this product for dark hair. It was the first time I dyed my hair on my own, but the directions were pretty easy to follow. I found the combing method to work well, and it prevented that harsh line between your natural hair color and the dye color. Unfortunately, because my hair is black, the color didn't show up as vibrant as it did on the box. It was noticeable, but not like the cover picture, even when I left the dye on for the maximum time as stated by the instructions. The color has lasted months, which is nice.

For the price, this is a great bargain. It works well, and I'm sure it would work even better for those with lighter hair.

Well - this wasn't horrible, but yet, not fabulous. I have very forgiving hair when it comes to home coloring; I have successfully used a lot of the products out there, including Feria. I have also successfully highlighted my hair over my all-over color w/ no problems.

I purchased 070 (for dark blond to light brown hair.) For reference, I had just colored last week w/ Revlon Colorsilk Luxurious Butter so my hair was a light brown. I have one of those bobs, shorter in the back w/ angled longer layers towards the front - the longest being about an inch below my chin. I have a lot of hair but its fine, straight and limp w/out product.

As I said, my hair is usually very forgiving when it comes to color or highlighting application. Not so w/ this product. I could have sworn I had even application on both sides of my head = nope, one side is definitely lighter than the other. As far as application itself, not difficult IMHO, but the brush needs to be improved - the bristles are set too far apart - lots of product sinks down into the bottom of the brush and therefore doesn't get onto hair. If the bristles were more densely packed, the product would stay more on top = easier to actually get product onto hair.

The "conditioning shampoo" included SUCKED!! I normally LOVE the included conditioners (Revlon Colorsilk is my favorite -the smell is divine), but this stuff = I recommend using your own conditioner after or you may end up w/ extremely dry hair - there was nothing conditioning about it!

I found someone's review somewhere that said she applied to bottom-most part first, left on for 15 minutes, then applied a bit higher up to get that graduated effect. I don't have that long of hair, so I just did from the ear down in 1 fail swoop. The left side looks pretty good, but as I mentioned above, the right side has far less visible results. The color - I like how it turned out doesn't look orange or brassy, just a nice, neutral blonde.

Will I re-purchase? Yes, I will try 1 more time...and if those results end up less than stellar, then I will give up. However, going to wait until June to give my hair a break. :)

Popular Hair Color Products