L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre

L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre
Feria Wild OmbreOmbre Hair-L'Oreal Wild OmbreFeria Wild Ombre

2.2

on 1/14/2016 11:27:00 AM

I used Loreal Feria Wild Ombre 070 Dark Blonde on my dyed, dark blonde hair.
It is bad, really bad. I left on for about 35 minutes and it barely lightened my hair. Then, because I really wanted some change, I applied it again for another 25 minutes...still, you can barely see the difference between the rest of my hair and the ¨ombre¨bit. Not to mention that the ombre turned out way more reddish that blonde, anyway. Really disappointed with this product, no way I´ll ever buy it again or recommend it to anyone.
Quick mention, it didn´t lighten my hair but it did turn it very dry.

Overall, this kit is not bad. It comes with everything you need to give your hair an ombre effect but I just do not like this color on myself. This kit did not damage my hair. The directions were very easy to follow. I do plan to dye my hair red. Check out my youtube video to see the before and after.

I brought this ombre kit because I was bored of my dark hair and I was feeling a little adventurous. I brought this for under $5 and I brought 040 for soft black hair. This kit is pretty much bleach in a box. It came with a plastic brush which you use to apply the bleach and you are not suppose to leave it on for more than 45 minutes. It was very easy to use. I mixed the bleach powder with the developer, shake it up and then used the brush to apply. There are no rules on how to apply, you apply to your liking. I applied on the top layers of my hair.

I don't like the orange tone in my hair but I should have known better after seeing the bleaching powder.

on 10/19/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought a Blonde Ombre and the Red Ombre from CVS on a whim. I used the Blonde first because I thought that if I messed it up, I could just cover it with the Red. The main problem I came across with the Blonde is that I did NOT realize it was a bleaching kit, or I otherwise wouldn't have gotten it. Bleach fries my hair, and makes it tangled. I was a little let down by that, but I figured I had already spent the money, so I might as well continue. As I was putting the Bleach through my hair, it got gradually harder to run the precision comb through my hair, and it became nothing more than a tool to pull my hair out with each pass through my hair. At the end, I was left on the verge of tears and I really only finished my hair and got in the shower because my scalp was aching and I was becoming more and more frustrated. The Blonde came out yellow in some parts and bleach blonde in the others, and it really doesn't look very natural. Also, there's really no Ombre look, but more of a look of a poor attempt at a dip-dye. No gradiance, just a straight line of an uneven Blonde. I've dyed my hair before, and I think this is one of the worst dye jobs I've ever come out with.

Today, I dyed my hair with the Red Ombre because I'm tired of this hideous Blonde that I've had for about 2 days. On the box, it states that if you have previously dyed your hair, the red color may not be as vibrant as you'd like. I accepted that, but I did not think it would come out a Halloween orange, which it did. I think it has something to do with the shampoo they give you, because my hair WAS a darker shade of red until I washed it out with the shampoo. Ultimately, I'm not satisfied at all with either of these products, and I'm going to run to CVS sometime this week and buy a solid color to cover this mess up. It really looks horrible in my opinion, and its the last time I will attempt to do an Ombre look using these colors. I'm sure you could pull it off using another product that isn't meant for Ombre, but Loreal is really just selling a Bleaching kit with a tool that could yank some people's hair out.

So. first things first i have pretty virgin hair, ive only died it redish blackish before, and was so sick of my boring light brown hair, so picked this up and did it myself, although i liked the comb i found it was hard to get all of the product on your hair as i had a lot of bleach left in the comb! i also did not section my hair as i was being a bit lazy! it turned out really nice and looks great, it is a bit orange and not completely even, but i will be buying the lightest one soon before school and just making the ends a little more blonde. all in all i really liked this product. easy to use. and good price. next time i will try sectioning and see if it works better!

on 7/13/2014 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have natural uncoloured dark sandy blonde hair and had never coloured my own hair, thought I'd be brave and give it a try. Bought the lighter of the colour options and then watched quite a few tutorials on utube. Main thing I was really worried about that some people had mentioned was - making sure I didn't create a block colour line, not fry my hair and I didn't want brassy orange hair.
Packaging and instructions are good and easy to follow - I still recommend watching some videos. I was really worried about damaging my hair so from the very first moment I started putting it on I timed till 30 min and took it off, washed and dried hair. I really don't think I left it on long enough, obviously the first bits of hair I did were the lightest but it wasn't as light or noticeable as I wanted ( I staggered putting the dye on to try make more gradual) . Also was a bit coppery gold.
So I prob did a bit a bit of a no no and went again ( like I said I'm a novice at this but I remembered in one video she said if not as light as wanted to go again- so I did).
Thankfully I didn't damage my hair, I did put a nourishing mask on after though. I left it for 30 min again but for all the hair this time.
The result is ok, I'm going to have to def buy a toner tomorrow though just to soften ( I prefer things to look more on natural side) strange that it's still goldy and a little brassy even though I was already medium dark blonde.
So all in all- use the brush vertically to help with blending, put a treatment in after, you will probably need to use a toner.
I'm reasonably happy with it.

I have medium brown hair, but because I've dyed it red toned in the past there are still hints of a red time in my hair.
Using this kit I expected it wouldn't go as blonde as I had had it dip dyed before (before I put red in it), and I was correct, the lighter "blonde" is somewhat copper toned on me. However I did buy a purple shampoo (Pro:Voke touch of silver) which will hopefully sort that out.
I used the kit how the video online explained, applying it to the ends first so they got the blondest then worked it up.. However that didn't really work for me, the colour is the same everywhere
I do really like it though, and for 6 it's really worth it. My ends don't feel dry or horrible, so I would recommend this to someone who wants a slightly lighter colour :)

on 10/29/2013 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really like dying the ends of my hair because if I don't like the color, I can just cut it off right away. I decided to try out the ombre look, but I didn't want to go to my hairstylist who charges $50, which is a lot of money to me. I got this product for dark hair. It was the first time I dyed my hair on my own, but the directions were pretty easy to follow. I found the combing method to work well, and it prevented that harsh line between your natural hair color and the dye color. Unfortunately, because my hair is black, the color didn't show up as vibrant as it did on the box. It was noticeable, but not like the cover picture, even when I left the dye on for the maximum time as stated by the instructions. The color has lasted months, which is nice.

For the price, this is a great bargain. It works well, and I'm sure it would work even better for those with lighter hair.

on 10/11/2013 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ooooook. Overall I liked this product. I've used it twice. The first time I used it was when I already had an ombre and used this product to brighten it up a bit without taking a crunch to my wallet. It turned out pretty nice: D
Unfortunately the damage from the first ombre ( which I got done at Aveda, which they did an awesome job) fried my ends so I got it chopped off and went to a darker color.
So after a year of being with dark color, I wanted to do something different with my hair. I got the wild ombre. HERE'S WHERE THE BAD COMES IN. The ombre itself looked good. Pretty good for me doing it myself and pretty quick. But...that harsh brush is not a good idea! Whoever invented it I just want to kick. That thing pulled my hair out. So now my hair is thinner and I'm taking biotin and wear hair extensions until I get my fullness back. Beware of that brush.

on 9/1/2013 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AWFUL PRODUCT.
This product ruined my hair! I have very long thick hair and dip dyed the ends hoping to achieve a nice ombre look! At first I loved it but 2 or 3 weeks later, my hair started falling out and it became insanely dry. Nothing would put the moisture back in my hair! I would strongly recommend to anyone NOT to use this product if you love your shiny soft hair unless your really desperate for the ombre look! However the packaging this product came in was very manageable and made it extremely easy to put onto my hair.

I have long, light to medium brown hair and I thought I'd give the ombre look a try because I absolutely loved the idea of changing things up for summer. After choosing the correct shade and applying as the instructions said, I would NOT recommend using this product. Yes, the ombre effect was great and it was an easy dye to use but I could tell shortly after applying a small bit that the product was completely burning my hair to a crisp. I chose to use the black comb that was provided and I believe it had a lot to do with my hair resulting in the worst split ends. This product burnt my hair and left it very stringy and stretchy. My hair now has major breakage and I have spent so much money just to start a new protein and moisture routine. I've also had to have more of my hair cut off that I wish I would've been able to keep and I know that there is more to be cut off in the future just to get my hair back into the healthy shape it was before use of this product.

Popular Hair Color Products