L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre

L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre
Feria Wild OmbreOmbre Hair-L'Oreal Wild OmbreFeria Wild Ombre

3.7

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have short, dark black, and coarse hair strands. Personally, I found my experience with this product okay. Just a note though, that this was my first time dyeing my own hair. I would not advise anyone with short hair to ombre their hair themselves; it's really difficult! I bet dyeing a whole head of hair would be easier because you don't have to worry about gradation and length etc. For me, the colour did show up but just a warning that it can appear a bit brassy for those with black hair. It was a brown-orange shade. Copper tone?
I also realized that you have to apply the product fast. Don't take too long to apply the bleach on certain locks of hair. Otherwise, some locks will turn out a lot lighter than others. I had to do 2 applications to get it right. Overall, this is an okay product for more experienced dyers and those with longer hair. For short haired girls, I recommend going to a salon to get it done. :)

P.S. This product is not good to store. It ended up foaming and overflowing everywhere. I even stored half of it in an empty medicine container, and the whole thing expanded. I thought it was going to explode.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The Good: This product is easy to use. In order to get a natural look, I recommend pulling up the top layer of your hair. Once that is done, dye about 3/4 inch of the bottom layer of hair. Leave on for 5 minutes. Then continue move up higher little by little. This way you get a much more natural progression rather than a harsh line. I also added a streak in my bangs and a few peek-a-boo balayage highlights (see photo). I loved the way the color turned out.

The Bad: My tips are fried. I needed a hair cut anyway, but now I'm going to have to cut off a good inch more than I wanted :( Plus it means I'm cutting off all of the ombre!

Love the look, but beware the burn!

I have medium brown hair, but because I've dyed it red toned in the past there are still hints of a red time in my hair.
Using this kit I expected it wouldn't go as blonde as I had had it dip dyed before (before I put red in it), and I was correct, the lighter "blonde" is somewhat copper toned on me. However I did buy a purple shampoo (Pro:Voke touch of silver) which will hopefully sort that out.
I used the kit how the video online explained, applying it to the ends first so they got the blondest then worked it up.. However that didn't really work for me, the colour is the same everywhere
I do really like it though, and for £6 it's really worth it. My ends don't feel dry or horrible, so I would recommend this to someone who wants a slightly lighter colour :)

So, I had serious doubts about this bc box colors & I have a love/hate relationship. Lol. So I tried it anyways and have a mediumish brown color already. I just caked it on the ends first so it'd be light then brushed it up, like blended it all over and...THIS STUFF IS AWESOME! It turned out really cool and on my dark hair, gave me a light caramel ombré color! I would definitely use this again and the bleach didn't even fry my ends!

on 9/24/2013 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have dark brown hair... I left it in for over an hour at the tips, 35 minutes further up... and barely a difference!! I have medium-long hair and had a bit left over, so maybe I should have drenched the tips a bit more or left them in for longer... Since it was my first time working with DIY bleach, I was maybe a bit too cautious. It's a very subtle change, which I guess is fine for $10. Maybe I'll do it again in a few weeks like another reviewer suggested.

on 4/16/2013 9:03:00 PM

I bought the one for dark brown hair and it worked out really nicely. I applied it to the very bottoms quite thickly and then lightly blended it upwards. I have extremely long hair and I had quite a bit left. Unfortunately I have very red undertones to my hair so it went pretty brassy, but I used L'oreal brass banisher and that solved that.

I would repurchase it again, but I don't think I'll really need to - by time this grows out the ombre trend will likely be gone haha. But its a really nice look for summer, lightens your hair without damaging all of it (I'll probably just cut the ends right off in the fall, so wasn't too worried about damage. As I said, my hair is super long).

only con: the little brush applicator didn't apply it very evenly, I actually just used my gloves after a bit. Also it does not come with a conditioner - it comes with shampoo. I found that incredibly odd. luckily I have a good conditioner so It didn't dry my hair out too badly.

Popular Hair Color Products