L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre

Filtered by skin type : Combination
L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre
Feria Wild OmbreOmbre Hair-L'Oreal Wild OmbreFeria Wild Ombre

2.2

I purchased this in the box that was targeted to people with dark brown to soft black hair.My intention was to use this kit to add subtle highlights to my dark, virgin hair.

I followed all the directions, sectioned my hair and left it in for 45 mins (the maximum time). I probably added 20-25 half-inch highlights throughout my hair. Once I washed the product out I realized that my hair did not get lighter at all. Overall, my hair is now EXTREMELY dry, brittle and damaged in the sections that I did apply this too. I don't recommend this product for people with dark hair even though that is the target audience that this is marketed to. I have the damage of bleached hair without the color change. Thanks L'Oreal!

on 1/14/2016 11:27:00 AM

I used Loreal Feria Wild Ombre 070 Dark Blonde on my dyed, dark blonde hair.
It is bad, really bad. I left on for about 35 minutes and it barely lightened my hair. Then, because I really wanted some change, I applied it again for another 25 minutes...still, you can barely see the difference between the rest of my hair and the ¨ombre¨bit. Not to mention that the ombre turned out way more reddish that blonde, anyway. Really disappointed with this product, no way I´ll ever buy it again or recommend it to anyone.
Quick mention, it didn´t lighten my hair but it did turn it very dry.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Used this for my soft black, kinky-curly, 3c/4a hair and it looks pretty good! Since my hair had never been dyed before it didn't turn the ends into a blonde or anything like that, it lightened to about a reddish-brown color that looks pretty nice. It is a bit brassy but not enough for me to to tone it, so I'm fairly happy with the results.

However 1 word of advice: work fast! Since it is bleach, once you put it on your hair the lightening process will immediately start, and if you don't work quickly you'll end up with some parts lighter than others. I didn't realize that, and since I have thick hair I spent too long on the back sections and therefore it looks lighter than the front. Since my hair's longer in the back it doesn't look too bad, but I will touch up the front of my hair in a few weeks so my ombre looks a bit more even. So just keep that in mind. Plus the mixture stinks lol, so make sure you're in a well ventilated area.

But for a first timer, my results look good! So yes, I would recommend.

Overall, this kit is not bad. It comes with everything you need to give your hair an ombre effect but I just do not like this color on myself. This kit did not damage my hair. The directions were very easy to follow. I do plan to dye my hair red. Check out my youtube video to see the before and after.

I brought this ombre kit because I was bored of my dark hair and I was feeling a little adventurous. I brought this for under $5 and I brought 040 for soft black hair. This kit is pretty much bleach in a box. It came with a plastic brush which you use to apply the bleach and you are not suppose to leave it on for more than 45 minutes. It was very easy to use. I mixed the bleach powder with the developer, shake it up and then used the brush to apply. There are no rules on how to apply, you apply to your liking. I applied on the top layers of my hair.

I don't like the orange tone in my hair but I should have known better after seeing the bleaching powder.

This is bad. I used this on my whole head for a bleached look, my hair was ash blonde btw, it turned out orange! Like strawberry blonde! I was extremely dissapointed, I had to dye my hair the next day :( I've seen some really nice outcomes with this but yeah not for my texture of hair

It worked, but there are better ways to do this. I wouldn't re-use this kit for a few specific reasons.

I believe the conditioner has toner in it because it's this honey-glazed color and once my hair was finally brightened from two kits, one after another, the toner did a good job of making it this strange, darker yellow tone. I have no clue why they wouldn't let you know that but I'd trash the conditioner, please don't make the mistake I did and end up wasting your time because of it. I had to spend another half an hour shampooing the toner out.

I needed to use two kits in order for my hair to be lightened enough(I used the medium-blond shade) and still wasn't too happy because it was an off-yellow, borderline "bad dye job." I've seen this work really well on some people and I thought my hair would take to it better since I haven't been dying it for years, but maybe you need 100% virgin hair for it to act properly. I was happy with it, but had to do way too much work to achieve it.

I had no red in my hair so I've no clue why it took to this yellowy, strange shade. I really recommend trying something with diluted bleach a few times until you get to the shade you're looking for because the ombre style itself isn't difficult to achieve and this kit will just hold your hair back from lightening with its weird, additional toner.

I'm not going to repurchase when I need to re-do my dye job next, which will be soon. I've had ombre hair from this kit for about 2 months but it has darkened considerably. Not a terrible product but makes an easy dye job contain too many steps with a weakened result and still a decent helping of to-be-expected after-damage.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This overall is terrible for a DIY ombré hair as the formula itself does not lighten. However, one good thing came out of this: the brush. If you can use it correctly with your own store-bought bleach (I got some at Sally's) it is terrific and creates a beautiful blend and fade. I would assume you could use any brush with similar bristles but I since I bought it, I have this now!

on 7/17/2013 12:13:00 PM

I did get a nice ombre after applying TWICE. I have thick hair and left it on for 40 minutes the first time and there was hardly any difference. The second time I left it on for an hour and now my hair looks great! My hair was damaged (super stretchy when wet), but I got it cut and have been using deep conditioner and my hair is back to great condition again! I want to use this again once my hair grows out. Easy way to lighten hair at home. I had dyed dark brown hair that has been lightened to light brown/dark blond. Very happy with the look, just leave it on a bit longer than 40 minutes.

I have long, light to medium brown hair and I thought I'd give the ombre look a try because I absolutely loved the idea of changing things up for summer. After choosing the correct shade and applying as the instructions said, I would NOT recommend using this product. Yes, the ombre effect was great and it was an easy dye to use but I could tell shortly after applying a small bit that the product was completely burning my hair to a crisp. I chose to use the black comb that was provided and I believe it had a lot to do with my hair resulting in the worst split ends. This product burnt my hair and left it very stringy and stretchy. My hair now has major breakage and I have spent so much money just to start a new protein and moisture routine. I've also had to have more of my hair cut off that I wish I would've been able to keep and I know that there is more to be cut off in the future just to get my hair back into the healthy shape it was before use of this product.

Well - this wasn't horrible, but yet, not fabulous. I have very forgiving hair when it comes to home coloring; I have successfully used a lot of the products out there, including Feria. I have also successfully highlighted my hair over my all-over color w/ no problems.

I purchased 070 (for dark blond to light brown hair.) For reference, I had just colored last week w/ Revlon Colorsilk Luxurious Butter so my hair was a light brown. I have one of those bobs, shorter in the back w/ angled longer layers towards the front - the longest being about an inch below my chin. I have a lot of hair but its fine, straight and limp w/out product.

As I said, my hair is usually very forgiving when it comes to color or highlighting application. Not so w/ this product. I could have sworn I had even application on both sides of my head = nope, one side is definitely lighter than the other. As far as application itself, not difficult IMHO, but the brush needs to be improved - the bristles are set too far apart - lots of product sinks down into the bottom of the brush and therefore doesn't get onto hair. If the bristles were more densely packed, the product would stay more on top = easier to actually get product onto hair.

The "conditioning shampoo" included SUCKED!! I normally LOVE the included conditioners (Revlon Colorsilk is my favorite -the smell is divine), but this stuff = I recommend using your own conditioner after or you may end up w/ extremely dry hair - there was nothing conditioning about it!

I found someone's review somewhere that said she applied to bottom-most part first, left on for 15 minutes, then applied a bit higher up to get that graduated effect. I don't have that long of hair, so I just did from the ear down in 1 fail swoop. The left side looks pretty good, but as I mentioned above, the right side has far less visible results. The color - I like how it turned out doesn't look orange or brassy, just a nice, neutral blonde.

Will I re-purchase? Yes, I will try 1 more time...and if those results end up less than stellar, then I will give up. However, going to wait until June to give my hair a break. :)

Popular Hair Color Products