L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre

Feria Wild OmbreOmbre Hair-L'Oreal Wild OmbreFeria Wild Ombre

3.7

on 7/21/2016 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm so so so sorry of reading all these bad reviews of this product! But I feel like giving my two cents about what could be the problem. Here in Italy, Wild Ombres are sold in the "Preference" section of L'oreal, which has always been, at least around here, the "classiest" version of their shades, with colours appropriate for mature women, nothing crazy or unusual, and good quality colours. They're also usually the most expensive hair dyes in the aisle everywhere (from 10 to 15 euros). But if I look for Wild ombres abroad, they're sold under the "Feria" section, which has disappeared in the last 10 years from Italian cosmetic aisles ( I've been a years long fan of the R57 shade as I succeeded in turning it in a bright fuxia - oh I was so young and punk) for no apparent reason. I should take a look at the Preferences formula and compare it to the Feria's formula, you never know.

Anyway, let's talk about my relation to this. I've been using it every month for the last two years, and it's primary for my signature hair look: brown base, ombre from eyes to ends (my hair are about 16 inches long). I never ever ever had a single problem with it: it delivers perfectly, creating a lovely ombre progression as they fade in blonde on the ends. I've always used the shade n. 02 (short bob-haired model on the box) and always succeeded to look like the picture on the box. The first times I dyed my husband did it for me, and he was quite good at it, until one day he started to feel like Pollock and did random strikes of bleach - justifying with something like "Hey but it looks more natural if it's random". AS IF!!!). So I brought the shame with me for a month and then, at the first sight of white hair, I started doing on my own with excellent results. Last time I did it (yesterday,hey hey!) I tried a balayage technique but I got bored after the first 2-3 locks.

It lasts the whole time you need between a dye and the next one. I usually do my brown base on full hair, and then follow the slightly lighter colour for granting continuity in my look. I never use the same brown base as it really just needs to provide contrast and it always fades and becomes dull, so I go for cheaper choices (apart from Frank Provost dye. It sucks sucks sucks SUCKS so hard it's unbelievable). This time it's more on a orange-ish side, nothing noticeable, but I'm 100% sure it's due to the base colour (yo Frank Provost, quit doing hair s**t and go feed cows and pigs). Next time will be perfect as usual.

So. first things first i have pretty virgin hair, ive only died it redish blackish before, and was so sick of my boring light brown hair, so picked this up and did it myself, although i liked the comb i found it was hard to get all of the product on your hair as i had a lot of bleach left in the comb! i also did not section my hair as i was being a bit lazy! it turned out really nice and looks great, it is a bit orange and not completely even, but i will be buying the lightest one soon before school and just making the ends a little more blonde. all in all i really liked this product. easy to use. and good price. next time i will try sectioning and see if it works better!

My hair - Long, dark brunette with natural gold warmth, naturally curly and VERY thick, has been dyed brown plenty of times - had semi permanent red in the past, and has been dyed ombre before, then covered again using permanent John Frieda Foam Precision.
I've been styling my hair for years, I used to let it dry naturally then straighten it, then I blow dried and straightened, no I use the Babyliss Hot Brush and it leave's me with smooth and shiny big curls which last until I wash it. So all in all - a really love/hate relationship!

So... I fancied a change and I knew I would regret cutting my hair short, dying my hair blonde is a no go - too much maintenence and it probably wouldn't suit me. So... I decided to do the ombre thing once more! I picked up the box which is for dark hair and I sectioned my hair in layers from bottom to top, applying it using the applicator brush until half of my hair was covered, then I left the gloves on and kept twisting the ends of my hair whilst the cream did it's work and I left it for the full 45 minutes.

Once washed, I worried my hair had gone ginger... and when it's wet it does look ginger. As soon as it was dry the contrast was quite shocking but luckily I had managed to avoid getting any blunt lines of colour (hurrah!). My housemate was sure it did not look ginger and that it looked really nice...

The next day I did some research and by the sounds of it it is inevitable that a brown to blonde at home colour job would risk 'brassy' tones especially when it has been dyed brown so many times in the past. I'm over a week into the new look now and I've really grown to love it, my hair is a nice caramel tone and there are a little strands coming up higher around my face which look really nice... It doesn't look natural.. cos how could it!? But it looks subtle compared to most other ombre looks I've seen on the street and it's a really nice change to my usual long brunette curls.

Popular Hair Color Products