L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre

3.0

1 review

on 7/13/2014 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have natural uncoloured dark sandy blonde hair and had never coloured my own hair, thought I'd be brave and give it a try. Bought the lighter of the colour options and then watched quite a few tutorials on utube. Main thing I was really worried about that some people had mentioned was - making sure I didn't create a block colour line, not fry my hair and I didn't want brassy orange hair.
Packaging and instructions are good and easy to follow - I still recommend watching some videos. I was really worried about damaging my hair so from the very first moment I started putting it on I timed till 30 min and took it off, washed and dried hair. I really don't think I left it on long enough, obviously the first bits of hair I did were the lightest but it wasn't as light or noticeable as I wanted ( I staggered putting the dye on to try make more gradual) . Also was a bit coppery gold.
So I prob did a bit a bit of a no no and went again ( like I said I'm a novice at this but I remembered in one video she said if not as light as wanted to go again- so I did).
Thankfully I didn't damage my hair, I did put a nourishing mask on after though. I left it for 30 min again but for all the hair this time.
The result is ok, I'm going to have to def buy a toner tomorrow though just to soften ( I prefer things to look more on natural side) strange that it's still goldy and a little brassy even though I was already medium dark blonde.
So all in all- use the brush vertically to help with blending, put a treatment in after, you will probably need to use a toner.
I'm reasonably happy with it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials