L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre
Feria Wild OmbreOmbre Hair-L'Oreal Wild OmbreFeria Wild Ombre

3.6

It worked, but there are better ways to do this. I wouldn't re-use this kit for a few specific reasons.

I believe the conditioner has toner in it because it's this honey-glazed color and once my hair was finally brightened from two kits, one after another, the toner did a good job of making it this strange, darker yellow tone. I have no clue why they wouldn't let you know that but I'd trash the conditioner, please don't make the mistake I did and end up wasting your time because of it. I had to spend another half an hour shampooing the toner out.

I needed to use two kits in order for my hair to be lightened enough(I used the medium-blond shade) and still wasn't too happy because it was an off-yellow, borderline "bad dye job." I've seen this work really well on some people and I thought my hair would take to it better since I haven't been dying it for years, but maybe you need 100% virgin hair for it to act properly. I was happy with it, but had to do way too much work to achieve it.

I had no red in my hair so I've no clue why it took to this yellowy, strange shade. I really recommend trying something with diluted bleach a few times until you get to the shade you're looking for because the ombre style itself isn't difficult to achieve and this kit will just hold your hair back from lightening with its weird, additional toner.

I'm not going to repurchase when I need to re-do my dye job next, which will be soon. I've had ombre hair from this kit for about 2 months but it has darkened considerably. Not a terrible product but makes an easy dye job contain too many steps with a weakened result and still a decent helping of to-be-expected after-damage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The Good: This product is easy to use. In order to get a natural look, I recommend pulling up the top layer of your hair. Once that is done, dye about 3/4 inch of the bottom layer of hair. Leave on for 5 minutes. Then continue move up higher little by little. This way you get a much more natural progression rather than a harsh line. I also added a streak in my bangs and a few peek-a-boo balayage highlights (see photo). I loved the way the color turned out.

The Bad: My tips are fried. I needed a hair cut anyway, but now I'm going to have to cut off a good inch more than I wanted :( Plus it means I'm cutting off all of the ombre!

Love the look, but beware the burn!

on 4/16/2013 9:03:00 PM

I bought the one for dark brown hair and it worked out really nicely. I applied it to the very bottoms quite thickly and then lightly blended it upwards. I have extremely long hair and I had quite a bit left. Unfortunately I have very red undertones to my hair so it went pretty brassy, but I used L'oreal brass banisher and that solved that.

I would repurchase it again, but I don't think I'll really need to - by time this grows out the ombre trend will likely be gone haha. But its a really nice look for summer, lightens your hair without damaging all of it (I'll probably just cut the ends right off in the fall, so wasn't too worried about damage. As I said, my hair is super long).

only con: the little brush applicator didn't apply it very evenly, I actually just used my gloves after a bit. Also it does not come with a conditioner - it comes with shampoo. I found that incredibly odd. luckily I have a good conditioner so It didn't dry my hair out too badly.

on 7/21/2016 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm so so so sorry of reading all these bad reviews of this product! But I feel like giving my two cents about what could be the problem. Here in Italy, Wild Ombres are sold in the "Preference" section of L'oreal, which has always been, at least around here, the "classiest" version of their shades, with colours appropriate for mature women, nothing crazy or unusual, and good quality colours. They're also usually the most expensive hair dyes in the aisle everywhere (from 10 to 15 euros). But if I look for Wild ombres abroad, they're sold under the "Feria" section, which has disappeared in the last 10 years from Italian cosmetic aisles ( I've been a years long fan of the R57 shade as I succeeded in turning it in a bright fuxia - oh I was so young and punk) for no apparent reason. I should take a look at the Preferences formula and compare it to the Feria's formula, you never know.

Anyway, let's talk about my relation to this. I've been using it every month for the last two years, and it's primary for my signature hair look: brown base, ombre from eyes to ends (my hair are about 16 inches long). I never ever ever had a single problem with it: it delivers perfectly, creating a lovely ombre progression as they fade in blonde on the ends. I've always used the shade n. 02 (short bob-haired model on the box) and always succeeded to look like the picture on the box. The first times I dyed my husband did it for me, and he was quite good at it, until one day he started to feel like Pollock and did random strikes of bleach - justifying with something like "Hey but it looks more natural if it's random". AS IF!!!). So I brought the shame with me for a month and then, at the first sight of white hair, I started doing on my own with excellent results. Last time I did it (yesterday,hey hey!) I tried a balayage technique but I got bored after the first 2-3 locks.

It lasts the whole time you need between a dye and the next one. I usually do my brown base on full hair, and then follow the slightly lighter colour for granting continuity in my look. I never use the same brown base as it really just needs to provide contrast and it always fades and becomes dull, so I go for cheaper choices (apart from Frank Provost dye. It sucks sucks sucks SUCKS so hard it's unbelievable). This time it's more on a orange-ish side, nothing noticeable, but I'm 100% sure it's due to the base colour (yo Frank Provost, quit doing hair s**t and go feed cows and pigs). Next time will be perfect as usual.

on 4/16/2016 11:14:00 AM

Awful. Just plain awful. I had used this 3 years ago or whenever it first came out and it worked GREAT! They must have changed the formula or something though because...I Just decided to try it again yesterday because my hair is now back to the length and color where an ombre would look nice. Followed all the directions and my hair came out orange/red and I look like a clown. It looks hideous and whats worse is that the ends are dry, brittle, crunchy, and hard to get a comb through. I just had to make an appointment with my hair salon and the earliest I can get in there is next week so I have to live with this disaster on my head in the meantime just wear my hair up and do intense masks for the damaged ends I guess. My advice is not to try this product...it does NOT work as advertised and if you can afford to go to a salon and get an ombre done do that instead because this SUCKS. Thanks for ruining my hair :(

on 1/30/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have dark brown hair but I used this in #80 because my trusty and adored Revlon Frost and Glow would only take me to the orange stage (20V apparently doesn't cut it anymore since I have layers and layers of brown dye, this kit comes with a 30v developer). The smell is pretty strong but it works and it works fast, like 10-20 minutes and I'm blonde, the shampoo is nice and creamy. I started with ombre but turned into a balyage when I was trying to fix the glowing orange that Revlon gave me. The brush is pretty genius, you can use it sideways or straight up for different effects and it works very well, I'm saving it for quick touch ups, will definitely buy this kit again when it's time to touch up my ombre/balyage. I toned it over the same day with Colorsilk because I don't like the color that hair has with straight up bleach.

on 7/17/2013 12:13:00 PM

I did get a nice ombre after applying TWICE. I have thick hair and left it on for 40 minutes the first time and there was hardly any difference. The second time I left it on for an hour and now my hair looks great! My hair was damaged (super stretchy when wet), but I got it cut and have been using deep conditioner and my hair is back to great condition again! I want to use this again once my hair grows out. Easy way to lighten hair at home. I had dyed dark brown hair that has been lightened to light brown/dark blond. Very happy with the look, just leave it on a bit longer than 40 minutes.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have short, dark black, and coarse hair strands. Personally, I found my experience with this product okay. Just a note though, that this was my first time dyeing my own hair. I would not advise anyone with short hair to ombre their hair themselves; it's really difficult! I bet dyeing a whole head of hair would be easier because you don't have to worry about gradation and length etc. For me, the colour did show up but just a warning that it can appear a bit brassy for those with black hair. It was a brown-orange shade. Copper tone?
I also realized that you have to apply the product fast. Don't take too long to apply the bleach on certain locks of hair. Otherwise, some locks will turn out a lot lighter than others. I had to do 2 applications to get it right. Overall, this is an okay product for more experienced dyers and those with longer hair. For short haired girls, I recommend going to a salon to get it done. :)

P.S. This product is not good to store. It ended up foaming and overflowing everywhere. I even stored half of it in an empty medicine container, and the whole thing expanded. I thought it was going to explode.

on 7/13/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

For a self dip dye kit I loved this product! I first dip dyed my hair in sept 2012 when this line first came out! I was so apprehensive I thought I'd make such a mess of my hair! Having medium dark brown hair I chose the darkest of the 3 colour choices to which my hair went a little orange, when I say orange I mean it was hideous it just wasn't the colour I wanted but just like the picture of the girl in the front! A couple of days later I used the lightest colour and re dip dyed it and I loved the result, it was a lot brighter and blonder

My hair - Long, dark brunette with natural gold warmth, naturally curly and VERY thick, has been dyed brown plenty of times - had semi permanent red in the past, and has been dyed ombre before, then covered again using permanent John Frieda Foam Precision.
I've been styling my hair for years, I used to let it dry naturally then straighten it, then I blow dried and straightened, no I use the Babyliss Hot Brush and it leave's me with smooth and shiny big curls which last until I wash it. So all in all - a really love/hate relationship!

So... I fancied a change and I knew I would regret cutting my hair short, dying my hair blonde is a no go - too much maintenence and it probably wouldn't suit me. So... I decided to do the ombre thing once more! I picked up the box which is for dark hair and I sectioned my hair in layers from bottom to top, applying it using the applicator brush until half of my hair was covered, then I left the gloves on and kept twisting the ends of my hair whilst the cream did it's work and I left it for the full 45 minutes.

Once washed, I worried my hair had gone ginger... and when it's wet it does look ginger. As soon as it was dry the contrast was quite shocking but luckily I had managed to avoid getting any blunt lines of colour (hurrah!). My housemate was sure it did not look ginger and that it looked really nice...

The next day I did some research and by the sounds of it it is inevitable that a brown to blonde at home colour job would risk 'brassy' tones especially when it has been dyed brown so many times in the past. I'm over a week into the new look now and I've really grown to love it, my hair is a nice caramel tone and there are a little strands coming up higher around my face which look really nice... It doesn't look natural.. cos how could it!? But it looks subtle compared to most other ombre looks I've seen on the street and it's a really nice change to my usual long brunette curls.