L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre

Feria Wild OmbreOmbre Hair-L'Oreal Wild OmbreFeria Wild Ombre

2.9

on 7/16/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this is the first hair coloring box i've ever used on myself, and although everyone else seems to have had a bad experience with this product i really liked it and received many compliments on my hair. i didn't really want my ombre to be blonde, i just wanted it to be a light brown. my technique was to split my hair by section, saturate the bottom of my hair first, and then after 5 minutes or so, i added the rest of the product higher up in my hair so that there is a gradient. the first time i used this i was too scared to make it too light so i left it on for about 35 minutes and it became a rich brown color. the second time i used this i became a little braver left it on longer and came up with a soft brown and a couple of lighter streaks (you can see my hair in the pictures, the girl with glasses lol). during the first couple of days my hair did look brassy BUT ONLY in a certain type of light. but other than that, the hair color blended nicely AND my hair is still nice and soft. i think the damage really just depends on the length of your hair and if its already been fried with other products -- because before i bleached my hair i cut off the split ends so i suggest cutting your hair beforehand if you want to see smooth results. also the technique of how you apply the dye onto your hair is also important -- don't just brush on a straight line across the bottom half of your hair. try varying longer and shorter streaks so that it is nicely blended.

I have long, light to medium brown hair and I thought I'd give the ombre look a try because I absolutely loved the idea of changing things up for summer. After choosing the correct shade and applying as the instructions said, I would NOT recommend using this product. Yes, the ombre effect was great and it was an easy dye to use but I could tell shortly after applying a small bit that the product was completely burning my hair to a crisp. I chose to use the black comb that was provided and I believe it had a lot to do with my hair resulting in the worst split ends. This product burnt my hair and left it very stringy and stretchy. My hair now has major breakage and I have spent so much money just to start a new protein and moisture routine. I've also had to have more of my hair cut off that I wish I would've been able to keep and I know that there is more to be cut off in the future just to get my hair back into the healthy shape it was before use of this product.

I purchased this in the box that was targeted to people with dark brown to soft black hair.My intention was to use this kit to add subtle highlights to my dark, virgin hair.

I followed all the directions, sectioned my hair and left it in for 45 mins (the maximum time). I probably added 20-25 half-inch highlights throughout my hair. Once I washed the product out I realized that my hair did not get lighter at all. Overall, my hair is now EXTREMELY dry, brittle and damaged in the sections that I did apply this too. I don't recommend this product for people with dark hair even though that is the target audience that this is marketed to. I have the damage of bleached hair without the color change. Thanks L'Oreal!

on 1/14/2016 11:27:00 AM

I used Loreal Feria Wild Ombre 070 Dark Blonde on my dyed, dark blonde hair.
It is bad, really bad. I left on for about 35 minutes and it barely lightened my hair. Then, because I really wanted some change, I applied it again for another 25 minutes...still, you can barely see the difference between the rest of my hair and the ¨ombre¨bit. Not to mention that the ombre turned out way more reddish that blonde, anyway. Really disappointed with this product, no way I´ll ever buy it again or recommend it to anyone.
Quick mention, it didn´t lighten my hair but it did turn it very dry.

So. first things first i have pretty virgin hair, ive only died it redish blackish before, and was so sick of my boring light brown hair, so picked this up and did it myself, although i liked the comb i found it was hard to get all of the product on your hair as i had a lot of bleach left in the comb! i also did not section my hair as i was being a bit lazy! it turned out really nice and looks great, it is a bit orange and not completely even, but i will be buying the lightest one soon before school and just making the ends a little more blonde. all in all i really liked this product. easy to use. and good price. next time i will try sectioning and see if it works better!

on 7/13/2014 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have natural uncoloured dark sandy blonde hair and had never coloured my own hair, thought I'd be brave and give it a try. Bought the lighter of the colour options and then watched quite a few tutorials on utube. Main thing I was really worried about that some people had mentioned was - making sure I didn't create a block colour line, not fry my hair and I didn't want brassy orange hair.
Packaging and instructions are good and easy to follow - I still recommend watching some videos. I was really worried about damaging my hair so from the very first moment I started putting it on I timed till 30 min and took it off, washed and dried hair. I really don't think I left it on long enough, obviously the first bits of hair I did were the lightest but it wasn't as light or noticeable as I wanted ( I staggered putting the dye on to try make more gradual) . Also was a bit coppery gold.
So I prob did a bit a bit of a no no and went again ( like I said I'm a novice at this but I remembered in one video she said if not as light as wanted to go again- so I did).
Thankfully I didn't damage my hair, I did put a nourishing mask on after though. I left it for 30 min again but for all the hair this time.
The result is ok, I'm going to have to def buy a toner tomorrow though just to soften ( I prefer things to look more on natural side) strange that it's still goldy and a little brassy even though I was already medium dark blonde.
So all in all- use the brush vertically to help with blending, put a treatment in after, you will probably need to use a toner.
I'm reasonably happy with it.

on 7/10/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Used it on my hair, which is pretty dark. Basically brightened it to a very dim ginger.

You receive BARELY any dye in the bottle, probably just about half of the bottle - if that, and While the bottle is teeny. I ended up buying another but brighter L'oreal Ombre Kit to, but made no difference but brightened the ginger...

I also used to bleach my hair for 4-5 years straight constantly, stopped about a year ago. This dried out my hair worse than all those years bleaching combined.

I personally don't recommend it if you're trying to achieve a natural 'blonde' or ash blonde ombre. Not worth the money and time. Totally disgusting results too.

It worked, but there are better ways to do this. I wouldn't re-use this kit for a few specific reasons.

I believe the conditioner has toner in it because it's this honey-glazed color and once my hair was finally brightened from two kits, one after another, the toner did a good job of making it this strange, darker yellow tone. I have no clue why they wouldn't let you know that but I'd trash the conditioner, please don't make the mistake I did and end up wasting your time because of it. I had to spend another half an hour shampooing the toner out.

I needed to use two kits in order for my hair to be lightened enough(I used the medium-blond shade) and still wasn't too happy because it was an off-yellow, borderline "bad dye job." I've seen this work really well on some people and I thought my hair would take to it better since I haven't been dying it for years, but maybe you need 100% virgin hair for it to act properly. I was happy with it, but had to do way too much work to achieve it.

I had no red in my hair so I've no clue why it took to this yellowy, strange shade. I really recommend trying something with diluted bleach a few times until you get to the shade you're looking for because the ombre style itself isn't difficult to achieve and this kit will just hold your hair back from lightening with its weird, additional toner.

I'm not going to repurchase when I need to re-do my dye job next, which will be soon. I've had ombre hair from this kit for about 2 months but it has darkened considerably. Not a terrible product but makes an easy dye job contain too many steps with a weakened result and still a decent helping of to-be-expected after-damage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The Good: This product is easy to use. In order to get a natural look, I recommend pulling up the top layer of your hair. Once that is done, dye about 3/4 inch of the bottom layer of hair. Leave on for 5 minutes. Then continue move up higher little by little. This way you get a much more natural progression rather than a harsh line. I also added a streak in my bangs and a few peek-a-boo balayage highlights (see photo). I loved the way the color turned out.

The Bad: My tips are fried. I needed a hair cut anyway, but now I'm going to have to cut off a good inch more than I wanted :( Plus it means I'm cutting off all of the ombre!

Love the look, but beware the burn!

on 4/16/2013 9:03:00 PM

I bought the one for dark brown hair and it worked out really nicely. I applied it to the very bottoms quite thickly and then lightly blended it upwards. I have extremely long hair and I had quite a bit left. Unfortunately I have very red undertones to my hair so it went pretty brassy, but I used L'oreal brass banisher and that solved that.

I would repurchase it again, but I don't think I'll really need to - by time this grows out the ombre trend will likely be gone haha. But its a really nice look for summer, lightens your hair without damaging all of it (I'll probably just cut the ends right off in the fall, so wasn't too worried about damage. As I said, my hair is super long).

only con: the little brush applicator didn't apply it very evenly, I actually just used my gloves after a bit. Also it does not come with a conditioner - it comes with shampoo. I found that incredibly odd. luckily I have a good conditioner so It didn't dry my hair out too badly.

Popular Hair Color Products