Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [REFORMULATED]

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion  [REFORMULATED]
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion  [REFORMULATED]

2.7

Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Propylene Glycol, TEA-Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin Alcohol, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 33
This product has been reformulated as Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ Please find reviews for this product here:

on 4/2/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have used this lotion since my mid-20s. I'm now 68. This reformulated version has hyaluronic acid and is more moisturizing than the previous version. I discovered Clinique originally because my skin became sensitive to fragranced facial products. Clinique is fragrance-free. Any scent people might notice in its products would be a slight scent the ingredients have.

Dramatically Different Moisturizer is intended to replace a loss of moisture in your skin created by cleansing. Clinique has other formulations of DDML for dry or oily skins. Depending on your skin's needs, other products in the line are to be used on top of it, which works well.

I have normal skin. After cleansing, I apply one coat of DDML and my face feels comfortable all day. It works beautifully under makeup and/or sunscreen. At night, I use it alone after cleansing or under one of Clinique's anti-aging products. I have never noticed any kind of scent nor have I experienced any irritation. Both my daughters use this now, too, along with my 19-year-old granddaughter. According to them, it works very well with Retin-A.

I have almost no wrinkles, unevenness of skin tone, or texture issues on my face. People continually compliment me on my skin. I really think it's because I don't use any facial products that cause redness or irritation.

Of course, I'm surprised at the low ratings considering that it and the Clinique facial soap mild have been can't-live-without products for me for 40+ years. One caveat: use products appropriate for your skin type. If your skin doesn't feel slightly tight after cleansing, you may not need a moisturizer. I notice repeatedly on this website that people will use products not intended for the skin type they have indicated in their profile, and then give the product a bad review! This goes for skin care, foundations, and powders. If you're interested in trying Clinique products, they are geared to skin type so you should identify yours according to their system (and take weather into consideration), then choose the products designated for your skin type. By the way, according to my daughters, don't use the clarifying lotion if you use Retin-A.

If you need a g

on 3/26/2017 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has to be my least favorite Clinique product. I used it once and never again will I use it again. I'm really glad it was only a deluxe size sample. I'm really sensitive to different scents, most of the time I prefer a scent free product. This lotion smelled really bad, words cannot describe. At first I thought I had got a bad sample, so I went to a store that sells Clinique products and it smelled the same there. I can't understand how someone can use this product when it smells so bad.
The first and only time I used it was on 2/3 of my face and I had to put immediately a different product on top. I have no idea if the product was otherwise good, but I doubt it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i really do like this. it's rich and works for my skin, and i've some pretty dehydrated skin and everything. after using a sample, i went back and got the full size. but after reading all the negative reviews, i can't help but feel a little bit wary... so maybe i'll give this a miss once i'm done with this.

edit:
so i'm halfway through my full bottle and all, right, and i start breaking out. why is this happening, man. i realize it's because i've been shuffling my skincare routine about and all; this moisturizer is really heavy as it's supposed to be a thick moisturizer, eliminating the need for essences and serums. when i started using serums and essences with this moisturizer, it was basically a bad time. so i'm really just waiting to finish this up at this point.

on 1/9/2016 3:48:00 AM

Please be wary of this product if you have sensitive or acne prone skin.
On the first few uses I was really surprised with how well it aided my complexion my skin looked bight and fresh, however after a matter of days I had a terrible reaction to it, I had a extremely bad breakout. I then looked further into the Ingredients to this and the are cheap and very un Clinique!! I even passed this on to two DIFFERENT friends all with totally different skin types and they got a bad breakouts so I am sure it is the product. I am only prone to the occasional hormonal acne this was one of the worst breakouts I had ever had.

on 8/10/2015 9:45:00 PM

I in fact have oily combination skin, but I bought this in winter when some parts of my face were really dry. This moisturized and nourished those areas unlike any other moisturizer I've tried, while still feeling lightweight and in actually absorbed into my skin fast, rather than just staying on the surface. It had no negative effect on my oily tzone either. Now, it's summer here, super hot and humid and I still use this. It comes with a pump and the price, while maybe high for some, is a lot lower than most high end brands.
This works great for me even with my oily combination skin, and I think for even very dry skin this would work great.
I'm in love with this and will never use another moisturizer again.

on 4/6/2015 8:58:00 AM

This product is full of oils and deff not good for skin with blemishes! My skin have some dry patches especially around my nose. I have some blackheads on my t-zone and a few pimples on my forehead..
but since I started to use this lotion I got massive breakouts. Even at places where I never had pimples (cheeks, nose, chin). During the first week I thought well lets give it another week to see some results. but after 2,5 weeks I got the most irritated skin with massive pimples underneath my skin. especially on my forehead. My skin is still not as good as it could be, but I'm trying out some new things to get it back on the road.
I was so disappointed in this lotion even tho it gave my mother (49) the most healthy skin. Guess it wasn't supposed to be for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

got this as a gift from christmas and use it in the morning before makeup and before bed. seriously havnt noticed any difference to my skin. doesnt seem to be doing any good or any bad. most likely just going to switch to a drugstore moisturizer after this. the packaging is totally cute though

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

People with acne prone skin BEWARE!
Contains Mineral oil, colorants and parabens.
My personal expirence with these ingredients break me out.
As for the product, clinique has many amazing products then we have... this.
Cheap ingridents, and no beneficial ingredients.
It contains sesame oil - but the other cheap ingriedents really lower the bar for clinique.
No real skin care benefits. Mineral oil coats the skin. Its not absorbed. seriously google it.
All it really did is coat my skin and break me out. Within a couple days of using it i got red bumps under the skin in clusters - and i could tell i had a reaction to something.
I feel let down because of all the hype over this product.

At first I absolutely loved this moisturizer. It soaked into my dry cracked winter skin and has been the only thing to ever actually moisturize my skin. For the first time I could actually wear foundation without it look dry and flaky. I wanted to love this moisturizer but I just can't. It made me breakout in terrible itchy small red bumps all along my upper lip and it's starting to affect my chin and inner cheeks. It's very painful and terribly itchy and annoying! It's a shame that a moisturizer that is supposed to be geared toward people with sensitive skin and allergen free has done this to so many people. Discontinuing immediately! Hopefully my skin will go back to normal soon!

on 1/16/2014 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i got this as a gift and i wanted to believe that it would work great and be awesome since its a expensive mositurizer... well all it did for me was make me breakout an i had dry spots on my skin so with that said im done using this im going to get a oil free moisturizer.