CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [REFORMULATED]

CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion  [REFORMULATED]
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion  [REFORMULATED]

2.7

This product has been reformulated as Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ Please find reviews for this product here:

CLINIQUE reviews, photos and discussion

on 2/24/2019 12:19:00 PM

This is good stuff if it doesn't make you break out. Unfortunately, it did make me break out...badly. Noooo thanks. My skin loves Glamglow moisturizer and doesn't freak out my skin.

on 1/17/2019 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The ingredients list here was super out-dated. I updated it with the ingredients listed on the box of my newest bottle (1/2019). When I was younger I would get countless little bottles of this every "Clinique Bonus Time" and I never used it. I didn't need moisturizer back then. I used steps 1 & 3 of the "Type 3" system, which didn't have the Dramatically Different Gel till about 12 years ago (if I remember correctly). I was thrilled with the gel, but now that I'm 53, my skin gets dry enough in the winter time that I feel I need a heavier night moisturizer. I LOVE this lotion. Nothing I've found (and I try everything) makes my skin feel softer or look healthier. I have this with the new "Custom Blend" cartridges (I have purple (plumping) and orange (brightening), and I believe this is the finest moisturizer, ever. I use Elta MD Clear SPF 46 everyday, and, at night, Tretinoin (for discoloration treatment) a couple days a week, and this moisturizer every night. Clinique skin care has worked beautifully for me since the 1980s (when my mother started me using it as "Estee Lauder for young women"), and now my 11 year old daughter is combating her acne with Clinique (and for moisturizer she uses the newest Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly)...which is fantastic for me too, for daytime and hot weather.

Ingredients 2019: Water\Aqua\Eau , Mineral Oil\Paraffinum Liquidum\Huile Minérale , Glycerin , Petrolatum , Stearic Acid , Glyceryl Stearate , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil , Urea , Lanolin Alcohol , Triethanolamine , Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\Extrait D'Orge , Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake , Propylene Glycol Dicaprate , Sodium Hyaluronate , Butylene Glycol , Pentylene Glycol , Trisodium Edta , Phenoxyethanol , Yellow 6 (Ci 15985) , Yellow 5 (Ci 19140) , Red 33 (Ci 17200)

This is very weird! It has a strong and unpleasant chemical smell. Normally Clinique does fine with unscented products, but this is icky. And it absorbs terribly. The first time I used it, I actually paused and thought, “is this a joke? Or is this actually hand soap?” Because it seemed actually to foam and become more visible on my face than it was in my hand. It eventually rubs in, and once it does, it seems to moisturize ok. If I had paid for it, i would return it, but I got a large free sample, so I’ll stick it out. But I wouldn’t buy again. Too weird! And normally I am a huge Clinique fan; their sunscreen and face washes are staples of my routine, and I’ve liked many of their other moisturizers too.

on 1/1/2019 10:44:00 PM

This was a disaster for me. It was okay at first but then my face became horribly red, swollen and irritated almost like having a very painful sunburn. Not sure why I had such an extreme reaction to this. Ended up in the dermatologist’s office so definitely would not ever use this again.

on 1/1/2019 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a horrible reformulation. The ingredients look sexier than the older version but the lotion itself is now both thin and greasy. Broke out one day after wearing it, and to add insult to injury, it didn't moisturize my hands. Waste of money.

on 12/31/2018 4:30:00 AM

My friend bought this for me because I had complained about my skin being dry and she had heard good things about it. I guess I didn't have dry skin before because after using this, it's extremely dry. After the first use, I was okay, but by the second day, my skin felt raw, hot, itchy and extremely dry. I stopped using it, but after a couple days, my skin still hasn't healed and feels dryer than it's ever been. I feel like I burned the top layer of my skin off. I'm so upset that I ever tried this product and I wish I stopped myself from using it once I smelled the product (it smells like an unused lotion purchased in the 90s). I don't have sensitive skin in the slightest but perhaps I do now!

I wanted to believe so bad! But damn did this make me break out beyond belief. It seemed to do a good job at moisturizing and hydrating at first. Skin was in good condition, then got so much acne, it’s been really difficult to clear up, leaving so many nasty scars. And my skin is usually pretty dang resistant to most products...

It is absolutely the worst so-called moisturizer I've ever used in my life. I've had similar experiences as other users, the first few days my skin looked youthful, moisturized, and plump. But on like day three I had pimples all over my face. The scent is truly strange. It smells like old Band-Aids in a bad way. It is hard to believe that this product is still on the market. I threw the stuff in the trash this evening and back to Neutrogena I go. Now I'm left to wonder how long is it going to take for my face to clear up.

on 11/13/2018 1:35:00 PM

This Clinique yellow lotion has been a classic moisturizer for my mother for decades ever since I started buying Clinique's bar soap for oily skin as a teenager! & I never would use the dreaded yellow lotion that always came with the gwp Bc it was just too greasy for my oily skin type but it works fine for my mother Bc she has very dry skin! & before us using Clinique as our go to skincare line we were just using drug store products! Me with all my horrible acne products & mom would just be buying her oil of Olay lotion! But this lotion is a very basic simple formula for dry skin only but back in the day Clinique would recommend it for all skin types which is incorrect Bc now they have the oil free gel version for oily skins! & they now finally have the liquid soaps which is a long time waiting Bc bars of soaps are really antiquated & incredibly harsh for the face

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

I received a clinique combo for xmas and recently started using this lotion. The first few days were just ok but after that, wow, my skin has never looked better; even tone, rosy, hydrated, plump. I can't say enough good things about this lotion.