Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

4.4

on 3/29/2015 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I have this product in the shade medium and I think its alright. I have dark Indian skin and it works quite well but I find the price a bit much for the product. But it does last for a long time. I've had mine for a good 5 months and it's still not empty.

The packaging is nice and simple nothing to fancy. Also it does not appear thick on your skin and gives a natural glow. It IS a bit too dewy for me so I just use some matte powder.
It does require a good amount of blending though or it looks whitish.

on 12/23/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I've been trying this CC cream about once or twice a week since I got it but it doesn't work for my skin tone or texture. As with most BB & CC's the Clinique CC shade range is somewhat limited. I ended up with the darkest because the shade below was too off to wear. In the store it looked okay and it looks alright if I use a lighter setting powder but I cant wear it alone. This is like a lotion and it dries to a dewy finish with light to medium coverage eventually. It's finally time to admit I don't like this. There may be some skin shades and types it works for and my opinion might have been different if I had a better match. I get the result - sin evening and moisturizing - I expected from this by mixing foundation with my moisturizer.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wear this cream in the Medium-Deep color, and I absolutely love it. I'm not really big into foundation and at 27, I've just started figuring out how you're supposed to apply the stuff and how it is supposed to look. I have combination skin, but this looks really nice on me. The one area that this CC cream does not do well for is the bridge and tip of my nose. For some reason, I get oily only in that spot, and the CC cream does not stay well in that area. It's very strange, but it's not noticeable on me if I blend well.

At first when I apply this in the morning, I notice that it looks a little bit grey and heavy, but after about an hour, it settles onto my skin and then it looks flawless, leaving me with a very healthy, natural look. This cream also has incredible staying power. It will last all day on me. I fell asleep with my face pressed into my boyfriends neck (I move around in my sleep often too) and this was still on my face when I woke up.

I started off with applying this with a beauty blender, but it does not work well that way at all. I'm not sure why, and I do prefer applying this with a flat brush. I find that it spreads out much better for me that way. It doesn't have a scent and this product has yet to break me out. I wear it over an ELF primer and with nothing else, but I may start using a light bronzer with this as well to make my skin 'glow' a little bit. I don't know about coverage or what people mean when they talk about low, medium or full coverage, but I do like to be able to see my skin/have people not realize I'm wearing foundation. This will do that for me, and for that reason, I absolutely adore this CC cream.

If you have dry areas on your skin, make sure to use a moisturizer beforehand. I made that mistake a few times and it made me look flaky on those days. After that, I ALWAYS used a moisturizer and a primer before applying this. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 10/31/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to make-up, but I do know that I usually have a hell of a lot of trouble trying to find products that match my skin tone. For reference, I'm Indian with serious yellow undertones and oily/combination skin. I also have fairly bad acne and a decent amount of scarring/discolouration.
I'd heard about the wonders of BB/CC creams, but was hesitant to buy online and wind up with something that made me look like a pink cake-face, so I went to Myer to test out a couple of products. After trying out a few different foundations from a variety of brands, I decided to go with this 'medium deep' Clinique CC cream.

IT'S AMAZING. A tiny pea-sized amount is enough to cover my whole face, and after applying with a foundation brush the results are pretty remarkable. My skin tone is completely even, and it doesn't even look/feel like I'm wearing anything at all! It does feel a bit dewy upon application, but that only lasts for a little while. Although you can still see a bit of discolouration, I just use a bit of Estee Lauder Double Wear Mineral Rich Loose Powder makeup and I find that this combination lasts for ages (seriously I can have it on for a whole day, sleep with it, and it still looks awesome the next morning - and it doesn't make me breakout!). Additionally, this combo completely prevents my face from getting oily during the day. I've also tried using some Estee foundation in between the two, but I think it feels a bit too thick and there's really no need for it.

The CC cream is sufficient on its own if you're in a rush, or just want to duck to the shops or something. My main issue is that I'm really self-conscious of my acne, so I'll consistently moisturise, then use the CC cream with some sort of powder to finish the job. You can still see a teeny-tiny bit of scarring etc., so if you wanted hardcore coverage, you'd probably be best using a MAC powder foundation on top of the CC cream, but the MAC foundation I have isn't exactly my colour so I'd rather go with a more natural look that matches my skin perfectly.

I'm just so glad that I've found something that suits my colour! I know I've said this already, but somehow this product works wonders for my skin while still looking completely natural. Love it!! xx

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this is my first time to use CC cream, not bad, soft, and SPF30 is nice, no more suncrean.
but only one thing I can't bear it, cause i'm oil skin, so the CC cream is not suitable for me. I think I will not purchase it again