CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.8

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My skin: Very sensitive/very oily T-zone/blemish prone/dehydrated/fair tone. I'm 37 and have been struggling with blemishes and allergic bumps due to a poor reaction to new products. I've been endlessly looking for a good bb/cc cream that 1.Doesn't contain oils or silicones, mainly Dimethicone, (which causes me to breakout) 2.Contains an SPF of 30 or higher, preferably physical as opposed to chemical sunscreen and 3.Helps control the oil on my nose and forehead during the day and finally 4.Doesn't cause me to break out. This fit the bill. It's one of the ONLY oil-free/silicone-free products that I could find. I have tried so many tinted moisturizers, bb and cc's I ALMOST gave up my search- when I noticed this met all my requirements!
The results of using this for a couple weeks and how I successfully apply it:
It is definitely hard to spread if you're not quick, as it dries fast. However, I put a couple drops of my moisturizing liquid- Liquid Recovery from First Aid Beauty in it, and warm it on my fingers by swirling it, and then quickly apply it in sections- forehead and nose, cheeks, chin. Then, I rub my hands together and press my warm hands over each area of my face to set this product into my skin, and gently do this over my jawline to smooth any potential streaks. At first, it's not that impressive, but as the day goes on it looks amazing.
Since using this, my blemishes have almost ALL gone away, and my skin looks and feels better every day. When I have this on, my skin looks flawless -I mean really beautiful- it hides what blemishes I have left, covers redness and scarring, and I'm glowing and radiant, but not shiny. I only blot once a day as opposed to several times a day which is such a relief! If you are willing to deal with the slight challenge of applying this, the results really outweigh the negative aspect. The cream offers about a medium-coverage, has a thicker texture but not greasy, and there are many tones and shades to choose from which is great! I love this CC cream, how it makes me look during the day, and how it helps me feel about my skin and appearance, and will probably never switch again!!

on 9/8/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this CC cream so much. I saw so many great reviews of it on youtube that I decided myself and went to pick it up. I use almost all of the Clinique's "moisture surge" products and I love them, none of them has ever let me down. But with this CC cream... goooosh!! I've been having a terrible time with my skin lately, but this makes everything worse. It clings to my dry patches, almost no coverage, smells like cheap SPF (which I hate), tacky, wears off, my eyes burn so much (and I don't even apply it around my eyes), and I could almost swear and makes my faces super pink after some hours of wear. At least it hasn't broken my skin, yet. There are better drugstore BBs and CCs. I promise I gave this cream 5 chances in different days and always get the same outcome. I highly recommend you test this with the Clinique's staff and wear ir throughout the day before you purchase it and see how it behaves in your skin.

on 10/21/2015 10:59:00 PM

Okay, so I did a trial of this, hoping it would be moisturising with the added bonus of SPF 30. I've been using Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet (which I freaking LOVE, but $101), but the Clinique CC is half the price ($50), and the sales assistant was convincing (and said if i come back to purchase I can get 15% off if I bring my flight itinerary).

Decent coverage, looks fine, but makes my skin feel SO dry, and tight, when I smile in the mirror my laugh lines are prominent. Coverage is medium, decent colour match (Chanel I'm B50, this i'm Medium Deep), even but actually looks unnatural? Not hugely impressed with this, and had high hopes. I feel dry patches around my nose, cheeks, mouth.

Also, smells weird. Sort of paint like. Clinique is supposed to be all fragrance free right, but maybe they should reconsider...

I'm giving it a go, but at this stage i'm going have to use a pretty nourishing moisturiser tonight, feels awful on my skin right now. Ugh, not a fan. I guess Clinique is cheap for a reason.

on 5/5/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin and Clinique moisturizers are usually safe, so I figured this would be, too...
PROS: the medium light color is a good match for me and I didn't run into blending problems, as other reviewers have mentioned.
CONS: HEAT RASH. By the time I got home from a day outside& at the gym, i had developed red bumps all over my cheeks. I'm overall more susceptible to it (long time eczema), but I haven't had it to this extent on my face in years. I should mention that I've exercised with a variety of other products on my face, and never gotten a rash. To be fair, I don't know if it was this specific product or all CC creams that are non-comedogenic, but now I know that it's something I may look for. I will probably not be using this again soon unless I'm going to be in a fairly cool environment, which defeats the purpose of it being SPF 30.

on 1/31/2015 8:08:00 PM

I am on my second tube of this CC cream. I absolutely love it. It provides my face with great coverage while still feeling lightweight, and it gives my skin a dewy glow. I do always moisturize before applying this, this will probably help those who have trouble spreading this product evenly. It is definitely heavier than other CC creams, but it feels light on my face. The woman at the Clinique counter gave me a funny look when I told her I would probably not put foundation on with this, but honestly I don't really feel like I need it when I use this product, I just add concealer where I need to. One other plus is you do not need to use a lot of this product so one tube goes a long way.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this last autumn after I realised that I didn't really want to cover my post-holiday skin with heavy foundations. Besides, my skin looked much better than usual (I have hormonal acne and no matter what I do, every now and again I get a few of them...) so I thought it would be a good idea.
With Clinique unroftunately, you have a really good company with fantastic consistencies in foundations/creams (it is, after all, the only company from the big ones that actually has a Anti-blemish range that works too...), but when it comes to foundation shades, it's all massively wrong. Is it me, or all their foundations are red-based? I have the anti-blemish one, the pore minimising one, and all of them look wrong.
And so is the case with this CC cream. I was given shade 'Light/Medium' (I am NC35) and it looks way too pale. In fact, a couple of time when I wore it at work, people asked me if I am OK becaise I look a bit pale...Great, eh? Needless to say, after that, the CC Cream is only for weekend/when I go shopping on my own (and NOT when I go shopping for foundation either!) The only way to save it, is to use a darker powder on top (either Chanel's loose powder in No. 40, or Mac's loose powder in NC30). Coverage actually is quite good for a product that is not a foundation - and that's from a woman who has always a few blemishes here and there!
It's not a bad product at all. It does't seem to make my skin oilier than usual, and it's a real shame that Clinique do something about its shades! I am still using the product every now and again, but to tell you the truth, the colour really puts me off from re-purchagins it again...

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Evens out skintone nicely and looks quite natural. Reasonably long-wearing. However, it has a really shiny finish, so if you have oily skin, it'll just make your face look wet.

on 7/24/2013 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I was disappointed with this product. I decided to give it a go because in Japan during summer it is impossible to wear a face of foundation. CC cream recently arrived on the market here and it sounded appealing in the videos reviews and reviews here. It set on my skin well and the colour also matched which is rare for me. But I feel like it broke me out. I will try using it again when it isn't as hot and humid. I used with product for a week and through the day I found it to run (probably due to excess sweating...) I wouldn't recommend for hot and humid weather but it might work with dry and hot weather.

on 6/22/2013 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Normally, I wouldn't spend this much on a makeup product. However, my skin was getting horribly dry and red caused by a bad spell of eczema so I was desperate enough to take a spending plunge of $37 rather than my usual drug store makeup. I was happy that i did. It is very moisturizing and it gives full coverage while still letting my skin show through, which makes it look very natural. I love the dewiness that it gives and it doesn't emphasize dry flaky patches. It hasn't clogged my pores nor cause additional irritation. The medium color matches my skin perfectly and the texture is really blend-able. The only cons are that it does feel like I'm wearing makeup when I use it. It also suggest on the packaging that it has to be reapplied every two hours. With my skin being so dry, it lasts a long time, but I can understand someone with normal to oily skin having to reapply, especially on a hot day. But, additional pros are that it works as a primer, moisturizer and foundation and is non allergenic. It does however, need to be set with a powder or setting mist.

on 5/31/2013 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

GREAT product! I recently wanted to stop wearing foundation because I just felt like my skin couldn't even "breath" with mineral foundation on everyday, and even though I used a nicer brand (bare essentials), I still felt like my pores were clogged by the end of the day and my blemishes looked even more inflamed. WIth this CC cream, the redness and inflammation of my blemishes are reduced significantly - and I feel like it even helped shrink them. The coverage is great, almost as good as a foundation, but it doesn't feel heavy or caked on either. My face just has a nice glow to it when I use this and it blends so well that it doesn't even look like I have make up on. Don't waste your time with drugstore brand bb creams and I say that from experience. Splurge a little and buy this - you even get a larger tube than most drugstore brands - you will not regret it!