Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.8

Although this is my "go-to" foundation-type layer, I do find the price a bit too high for the quality of product and amount of product. I like that this stays supple and soft, and very natural throughout the day, but I do not care for its sheen. I find that I have to apply powder frequently or my face looks quite shiny -- even if I apply the BB Cream over a primer. I will however continue to purchase this until I find something better, someday. I like that I can trust it (aside from the shiny aspect) to look pretty good for at least 8-12 hours. That says a lot!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Liking this CC cream. I am comparing it to my other CC by Marcelle which I also like.

This flat tube is far more travel friendly than Marcelle's big square acrylic bottle with a pump. It fits into the carry on liquid allowance easily so this will be my travel CC cream in place of Marcelle.

However it isn't quite as nice feeling as the Marcelle CC, it is a bit thicker in application and in feeling on the skin especially as time wears on. By the end of the day, this becomes a bit drying and feels heavy.

But the skin looks lovely and this maintains its' finish all day long.

I got it in Light Medium which worked out better than Marcelle's Light Medium which was a bit too dark. Neither oxidize during the day, but this is closer to my skin colour which is a NC15 to 20.

I put it on overtop my Olay Complete SPF 30 for sensitive skin, and it went on fine. No pilling or balling up. Coverage is heavier than a BB, and about the same as the Marcelle CC, both being more foundation like than BB cream like.

The squeeze tube means you only use what you need for the coverage you need. it blends out easily, and sheers out fine. It does pool a bit in the pores as does the Marcelle but on me, almost EVERYTHING does that a bit, and this isn't too bad.

It wears all day long and I liked it.

I stopped using it when I bought a Lancome foundation I liked with a nicer finish but I will use this up on days I just want a CC, same as I will the Marcelle. After that, I will probably buy a tube of this for ease of travel but my main foundation is the Lancome Visionnaire.

UPDATED: No I won't rebuy this, simply because the Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude stick cushion foundation is equally easy to travel with, and has a much better finish. I always apply any foundation or CC over sunscreen anyway, because I don't trust the coverage when you have to thin the product out to make it look skin like so I don't care if my stuff has sunscreen or not. I'm done using it, the feel of it by the end of the day is a bit heavy still. Good product though, still think it's worth a 4 star.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oxidizes so bad! I would avoid at all cost because the product isn't the only bad thing. The cap gets so messy that half the product is wasted on it.

on 12/21/2015 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this one.
I had been using this in the summer. And it was brilliant. My skin was somehow hydrated and it felt really good on the skin. But as the weather got colder, this cc cream got worse and worse. First of all, it changes its colour as the day passes and becomes really dark. Secondly, it made my skin super oily. It stays in place almost perfectly, but makes me oily. Thirdly, it caused me breakouts after using for a month. Yes, my skin is very sensitive, but it was created for sensitive skin, as a consultant said to me, so wth.
I would not recommend this cc cream for girls, who have sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin. I would recommend Clarince Skin Illusion ;)

on 12/3/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a woman with sensitive skin, this product was my perfect daily substitute for foundation. The formula is thicker than a typical CC cream, yet not as heavy as other liquidations. There is a tad shine to the product, so I would suggest using a powder on top as well just counter the effect. The price is a tad steep, but well worth the amount for the SPF and overall natural coverage. I would certainly buy again.

on 8/25/2015 3:51:00 AM

I got a sample of this in the medium shade, which is way too dark for my skin tone. I gave it away to someone with a darker skin tone and taught them how to use it. This product is light to medium weight, not too heavy or cakey. The shade itself is very orange though, and requires quite a bit of blending. This is lightly fragranced, but it does not bother me too much. Overall, this was just an okay cc cream, comparable to drugstore brands, and not really worth the price tag.

on 2/28/2015 10:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Received this product in a gift pack. I have had zero luck with BB and CC creams as I am fair, combo skin type with mild rosacea. I LOVE this product!! Great for winter months when I have dry patches. Very natural-looking.

on 2/15/2015 2:50:00 PM

I like this CC cream, but I don't looooove it. I expected more from a $40 CAD CC cream, to be honest. The coverage is nice, subtle, not too heavy, quite sheer - doesn't feel too heavy on my face. It's kinda sticky though. Am I weird? And not exactly a surge of moisture. I wasn't blown away by the moisture and I need heavy moisture in the Canadian winter! I also found that it oxidized with some cream blushes that I used - seemed better when paired with powder blush. Overall, it is a decent CC cream - once you add concealer on troublesome spots (I deal with some redness) and a nice setting powder. If I want heavier coverage, I wear the CC cream as a base with a medium coverage foundation over top.

on 9/19/2014 12:07:00 AM

I like this product but don't love it. I bought it instead of face sunscreen for my summer holidays as it's SPF30+ I'd tried many BB creams and they were all much much too oily, particularly for summer. This product is nice because it offers a bit more coverage than BB creams. It goes on feeling a bit thick but as it sets upon the face it feels quite weightless and powdery. The real drawback for me is that the shades are so limited I couldn't wear this as a foundation alone without looking a bit grey.

I have a sample of this which I used on half of my face and compared to Clinique's Even Better SPF 15 foundation. They feel and smell the same. Minimal odor but identically greasy to the touch. The BB just has a bit more shine to it, likely due to the metallic ingredient concentration (pardon my laziness to go look at the tube for exact names) being twice as high in order to make the SPF twice as high. They both truly do work as a pretty good sunscreen. I can walk outside in hot sun for several hours and there will be no indication afterwards of having done that with these on. But I look like a greasy shining butterball face while walking around, especially with the BB.