Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.9

on 4/21/2013 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Today was only my first day of trying this product, but there is no doubt I'm hooked. Due to the fact that my skin requires full coverage, thanks to cystic acne, I had yet to try a product like this. BB creams are simply too sheer for me. I have been waiting for the arrival of CC creams and was surprised to see this at the Clinique counter yesterday. After expressing my interest and purchasing what I came for, the consultant offered a take home sample. I couldn't wait to tr it. After applying my usual SPF moisturizer, I used a foundation brush to stipple, build and layer the cream. I of course focused first on problem areas I.e. acne, dark spots and scarring, and then blended the excess lightly over my nose, forehead and cheeks. The results were amazing; I couldn't believe the amount of coverage combined with such a natural look and FEEL. I followed by highlighting and contouring, as usual, with a fair concealer, bronzer, and translucent powder. Coming from someone who uses full coverage on the daily, this product is worth a shot. I do feel like the application is extra important here if you want lots of coverage. Invest in a good foundation brush and make sure to stipple and layer. Highlight with a lighter shade, full coverage concealer, incorporate some nice contouring and use a translucent powder. Love this stuff!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I asked Clinique for a rec for my dry winter skin and surprisingly they said this product in light. It matches my NC 20 skin exactly. It is thick but I wear a moisturizing sunscreen under it and it blends easily. I still need a concealer but it diffuses red areas and dark hyperpigmentation well. And it doesn't emphasize flakes. Love the tube and that it has SPF 30. This is a winner.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm on the fence about this product. I used to use the old formulation of the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser and I really liked it. When I went to repurchase it was gone and this was available in it's place...but I don't love it.

I don't hate it by any means and I plan to finish it, but I don't like it enough that I would repurchase. Ultimately, I think I can find something better.

Pros:
- SPF 30! This is a product I would use in summer and during the daytime so I love having the high SPF because I burn very easy.
- Good coverage - it's not too heavy and not too light. Gives a lovely even finish and is easy to blend into skin.
- Shade match - I bought Very Light and it's a good match for my skin (for ref. I wear NC15 in MAC)

Cons:
- Transfer - this stuff doesn't seem to fully set and I have noticed it rubs off on clothing and tissues etc. This might be because of the spf?
- Overly dewy - I've got very dry skin and I love a nice dewy finish makeup, but this is too much even for me. On hot days it can make you look greasy even if you set with a power. If you're very oily I would steer clear!

All in all not a terrible product but I will be continuing the hunt for a new HG tinted moisturiser/lightweight everyday base.

on 10/5/2013 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This does the job! Evens out skin tone and brightens without looking cakey. Easy to apply. Does not break me out. This is a huge winner in my opinion. Being over 50 it gives a moisturized look to your skin which is a plus. The mineral makeup was just not cutting it anymore. However I do like to go over it with EL Double Wear powder in Tzone areas and Mineral Veil BE just to set it for the day. Long lasting too!

Edit: This has something that irritates my skin and I really prefer Bare Minerals gel cream formula as it does not break me out and and is easier to apply and more natural looking

on 8/10/2013 10:20:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. I can put it on alone for a makeup free look and my skin just glows or I can wear it as a light foundation under my concealer and powder. It is very moisturizing and doesn't break out my sensitive skin. I don't wear a lot of makeup and this is perfect for me to use as a foundation. It really evens everything out and is a nicer consistency than any of the BB creams I have tried. And it has a high spf too. Will definitely repurchase.

on 6/14/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best BB/CC cream I have ever tried. I was in David Jones and had narrowed my choices of a new face cream to Dior's Nude BB Cream or Clinique's Moisture Surge CC Cream after hours of studying reviews on MUA.

I hate foundation as rule - my oily, acne prone skin means most foundations either shine and slide right off or are difficult to apply because they're oil free and somewhat drying. I also don't like the heavy coverage and breakouts that come with most cream foundations. Prior to this I used ModelCo's Fluid Splash foundation in Sand 02, because it's water based, doesn't clog pores and comes with matching concealer in the cap of the tube. In many ways, it's still my HG. But for everyday use, I think I will buy Clinique's Moisture Surge CC Cream as long as they continue to make it.

The moment the SA put this on my face in 'Light' (we seem to stock the US colours here in Australia, despite being physically closer to Asia), it just melted right into my skin. It was perfect. It looked just like my natural skin, but better. My red patches and most of my blemishes disappeared, and I was left with a slightly dewy, healthy glow. I still went to try the Dior after, but it just didn't compare. This CC Cream is oil free, moisturising, and has an SPF of 30. That means no pore clogging/breakouts, moisture and sun protection/anti-ageing benefits as well colour correcting in one tube! This is my first Clinique product, and I must say I'm very impressed. It's also surprisingly cheap for a high-end department store product at $45 AUD.

I should also add this is very much buildable and can be built up to a medium coverage. To get a more foundation-coverage, air-brushed look that feels as light as air on my face, I use this in conjunction with Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer (Ivory), YSL Touche Eclat (#2), and set it with YSL Matt Radiance Powder (#3 Biege). I went out to meet a girlfriend for dinner and she said my skin had never looked so perfect and natural. I can't rave about this product enough. A small amount goes a long way, so start small and just build up until you get the coverage you want.

If you're like me and are an oily-skinned girl looking for a replacement for foundation that doesn't cost the earth and has extra benefits, then look no further - this is the product for you!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've never used a BB or CC cream, but I decided to give this one a try, as my skin is fortunately clear and doesn't really need foundation--just a sheer wash to polish my look.

I love this cream because, as a woman with pale skin, it is rather difficult to find coloured skin creams that aren't too pink or too yellow. This one is amazing. It goes on very smoothly, and matches my skin tone perfectly.

The fact that it is oil-free, contains sunscreen, and has a faint yet pleasant scent (no "sunscreen odour") is a major selling point for me. This just may be my HG CC cream! I will most definitely purchase this one again.

The only reason I bought the CC Cream was because I saw all the adverting on it, and the colour range looked really good.

I am really fair and got the shade Very Light which is a perfect match. Which in normal foundation is really rare, so having this match so perfectly made me automatically love it.

I find it weird that some people say this doesn't offer a good coverage, as I find this offers a better coverage for me then a normal foundation. It does not cake up on me at all and it really does stop any redness or grey/ash areas on my face. It gives the skin a nice natural dewy finish. I find that my skin which is a dry combination work's really great with this CC Cream as I don't even powder over the top and I get no oily patches.

The best way to apply this cream is with a buffing brush. When I apply with my fingers it does go streaky. This product has defiantly saved me so much time in the mornings as there is no need for a primer, powder or sunscreen.

on 6/16/2013 5:07:00 AM

Haven't written a review in a long time, but I feel like this product most definitely deserves one.
I recently went through a really rough acne breakout and my skin has been sensitized all over my body! Through oral antibiotics and Ziana gel, It's getting much better and all I have left now is some icepick scarring on my cheeks. I have to be really careful of what I put on my face now because I'm still easily prone to breakouts from the wrong products. My skin type I would say is a little dry from my cheeks down and oily on my nose and forehead, and when I wear makeup I'd like it to look like my actual face, NOT like a mask. I have a lot of redness in my face, and let me tell you this does a FANTASTIC job of covering it up! It gives me a very natural finish with a bit of a glow to it that makes me look very healthy and bright! It covers up my scarring oh-kay, but nothing is really going to hide that completely. If I want a more full coverage I can apply one layer, wait for that to dry, and then apply a second and it STILL looks so beautifully natural. I can even wear this while on vacation in Florida, where it is humid 24/7 and it stays on perfectly all day until I wash it off! I am so so SO impressed with this product and I'm more of an Estee Lauder brat than I was ever a fan of Clinique, but this right here has won my heart.

I was very skeptical when I bought this. I have very temperamental skin and not a lot of foundations look good on me. Since I've been on medication, my skin has gotten better, but also been a lot drier. I decided to give this a shot. I chose Very Light, which is neutral fair-medium. It promises glowy skin and the coverage of dark spots. I have to say that it delivers. I have mild pink scarring from pimples, and it covers this well. I only need a bit of concealer. The one thing that sold me on this is that it is great for my oilies. I only had to blot once the whole day. The only complaint I really have is that it is a little tacky and hard to spread -- I can fix this by applying some moisturizer underneath. If you are looking for some hydration, I wouldn't run for this. It IS called "moisture surge" but doesn't deliver hydration on application; rather, it provides hydration throughout the day. Overall, a good find.